ADVERTISEMENT

R.E. Lee 67 Amherst County 61.

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
The Leemen opened their season with a 67-61 win over Amherst. Lee's Darius George scored 34 points to lead Lee. Lee now 1-0 will host Wilson Memorial on Tuesday.

Hey Leemen - it must be b-ball season!

Good to see Darius George on the Lee team this year - would be fun to imagine this team with Jaylen Reed on it as well.

Hey Pizzzzza! Yea I love my hoops! I really believe Lee will be a legit contender in 2A this year. George is the real deal! He will be the key and could have some monster games, He will need to get some support from others on the team moving forward. If Lee had those players you mentioned...we would be talking something really special...hurts to think about it lol.

I really think this will be a big year though for the Leemen. They have size and a dynamic scoring threat. Goerge is listed at 6'7 and that is a very athletic and explosive 6'7. Lee's schedule features games against Loudoun Valley, Armstrong, Australia's traveling team, Covington, Wilson Memorial, Stuarts Draft, Amherst, and the the Valley District. The Valley seems to be deeper and more competitive top to bottom this season.

Lee has Spotswood on the 18th and Waynesboro on the 22nd. That should give an idea of where the Leemen are before Christmas. As has been the case in recent years...J. Hatcher's teams get better as the season moves into January and February. I see Lee being the favorite in Conference 36...or they should win it.

I am still longing for a final four that includes Lee, Martinsville, and Brunswick. That would be three great programs and a ride down memory lane. I hear Martinsville is loaded but...haven't heard much out of Brunswick. Anyone know how they look this season?

Da Trey will probably make his appearance sometime during the season lol. I have no idea what Lee did to him but...he doesn't like the Leemen. That's for sure!

Da Trey, oh how I miss Da Trey!!
Trey Ball is on here....Much like Mick Foley is Cactus Jack is Dude Love is Mankind...Think of trey that way....And yes, Trey, I DO know who else you are on this board...but...LOL...have fun, your secret is safe with me...Have a good one you guys!

I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen da trey's other screen name post on these boards in quite some time either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT