ADVERTISEMENT

Radford @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

VaPreps Varsity
Surprised there’s no talk about this one. These two have only played by one time ever back in the 70s. Richlands needs to pull the upset — I think it’s our biggest game of the season for playoff seeding purposes. Radford without PJ and Marshall. Also, what’s wrong with Cobb’s? Seen some social media posts about #XavierStrong

Anyone know?

Kinda agree that I'm surprised nothing be said.
Radford will be tough still but not what they were for sure with the injuries.

Generally I say if it comes down to the kicking game that Radford will win but I know the boy from Richlands is the real deal (still don't rule out Lytton out)
The Richlands kid was at Marshall this week and my son got to talk to him a bit there. He's been offered a full ride there.

My bet is still with the Bobcats though.

Yea, I think Marshall recruited him as a punter. I know he's a big lanky kid! He looks the part of a D1 punter for sure.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
I like Radford in a close game. If not for the injuries, I'd take Radford in a big time win. With it being at Ernie Hicks , Richlands might pull the upset.

Richlands is very capable of wining this game, I won’t be surprised if they do. Richland’s #4 has unbelievable speed, and the QB has one heck of an arm

Reactions: moto138
We have a very tough game and I'm not sure it's an upset if Richland's wins. I would even say that if we win at Richlands, its an upset. The loss of Justice and PJ hurts, but we're still good. Even with PJ and Justice, this game would be a toss up game at Richland's and I would definitely favor us, but not by much.

Gonna be tough for us. We can win, but we can't get behind.

We have a very tough game and I'm not sure it's an upset if Richland's wins. I would even say that if we win at Richlands, its an upset. The loss of Justice and PJ hurts, but we're still good. Even with PJ and Justice, this game would be a toss up game at Richland's and I would definitely favor us, but not by much.

Gonna be tough for us. We can win, but we can't get behind.

Have you heard anything about Cobbs? I’ve seen a lot of stuff on social media and not sure what to believe.

It’s a sad heartbreaking situation.
I have a question for Radford fans. Radford was missing three starters for the Gretna game correct? Prileau, Marshall and one more? Is this correct and what is the status of these three? I heard two were probably gone due to ACL. Just wondering. Radford has a great team but it was a shame to lose three starters.

Gathering info from the local paper here Appomattox was without 3 starters for the the first 3 games. That really hurt Appo bad.

Have you heard anything about Cobbs? I’ve seen a lot of stuff on social media and not sure what to believe.

No comment on that one Ryan, other than the old statement..."sometimes everything we hear isn't true." But........unfortunately, sometimes it is. I will leave it at that, and again, Radford isn't favored in this game in my mind. I expect Richlands to win.

Last edited:
No comment on that one Ryan, other than the old statement..."sometimes everything we hear isn't true." But........unfortunately, sometimes it is. I will leave it at that, and again, Radford isn't favored in this game in my mind. I expect Richlands to win.
Is Cobb not playing this Friday then?

Richlands 45 Radford 28. Well what did everyone think? Radford has some absolute studs on the line. I can imagine it being a different ballgame with their best runner running behind that line. Richlands moved the ball well against, what i read, the best front 7 Richlands will face. Good game.

Richlands 45 Radford 28. Well what did everyone think? Radford has some absolute studs on the line. I can imagine it being a different ballgame with their best runner running behind that line. Richlands moved the ball well against, what i read, the best front 7 Richlands will face. Good game.

Don't know if that's true. They still play Graham and have played Union, two teams that could argue that claim.

Don't know if that's true. They still play Graham and have played Union, two teams that could argue that claim.

I believe Graham and Union has the better LBs but Radfords front 4 are monsters. I believe both #75 and #55 played both sides. And on offense they were pushing guys literally 30 yds down field. Just relentless. But definitely debatable.

Reactions: Optimal62
I believe Graham and Union has the better LBs but Radfords front 4 are monsters. I believe both #75 and #55 played both sides. And on offense they were pushing guys literally 30 yds down field. Just relentless. But definitely debatable.

I haven't seen Radford in person so I'll trust your opinion there. Everyone talks about how great Radford is up front, so there's def a chance Richlands won't face/have faced a better front seven.

Wanted to post sooner on this one but took off to Nashville after our loss to Richlands. Congrats to the Blue Tornado. The fans were awesome and kind, and man oh man, that stadium sure looks way better from what I remember over 25 years ago. Nice facilities there. No excuses here, we just got beat. We also got beat a bit up front. That surprised me. We are healthy on our line regardless of injuries. If Richlands is supposedly the fourth best team in that Region, then I don't even want to think about Graham, Ridgeview, and Union. It seems like Region D has 4 teams capable of not just winning the whole thing, but all four arguably, arguably may be the front runners. I say that with respect to Buckingham, Draft, Luray, Clarke, and Poqouson. I haven't seen any of these teams and I'm sure they are good. I still don't think Appo has "submitted" yet. Watch out for them come game 11.

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
We’ll see how things shake out in D. Ridgeview is at Union this week. Graham comes to Richlands in a few weeks. We travel to Tazewell (currently 3rd in 2D) this week. Still plenty to shake out over here in D. I still think a Radford has the players and the first 7 to make noise once they figure it out after the injuries.

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT