ADVERTISEMENT

Radford vs Glenvar

WOW, it looked as Radford knocked it down but must have bounced off and Glenvar player caught it in the end zone before it hit the ground. Wow. Radford gave that game to them. Durn VHSL camera didn't catch the play.
The Radford player(who won state championship in high jump) had the position and caught the ball and the Glenvar receiver jumped up from behind and took it away. Too bad he didn't just knock it away or wasn't a basketball player because Cormany would have taught him how to block the receiver out. There's lots I could say but none of it good or changes the outcome so I'll just keep it too myself.

Reactions: HolyFrog
What is it with defenders catching the ball in 4th down situations and in the end zone in those situations.knock the ball down and get with the program.

The starting QB seems to be ok as far as I can tell watching him walking around after the game. Probably out under precautionary concussion protocol last 2 series but I don't have any inside info.
One of the Friday night football highlights shows said it was a neck injury. Keep us updated if you hear any news on him. Good looking QB

Heartbreaking loss for the Bobcats. I feel like we let one get away, but great teams put themselves in positions to win in the end, and that's what Glenvar did. Congrats to Glenvar on a hard fought win. Interceptions or giving the other team chances to make it close is part of the game. Great teams don't do that. We have to work on being able to close teams out. We did the very same thing with Galax. Hopefully we can win game one of the playoffs, then somehow someway make it competitive down at Appomattox in game two (if we get that far).

Congrats Glenvar. Classy program and very, very well coached.

Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool2
Typical hard fought classic. Proud how well some of our 2nd stringers stepped up on the last drive to march down the field to have a chance at the end against the best defense we have faced all season. Some really good looking athletes on the Radford team. Praying our four injured players heal quickly. We really need them down the stretch.

Hats off to Glenvar’s back up QB. A lot of pressure put on him and it did not phase him one bit.
He's looked good in spots this year and has made a lot of progress. He is only 14 but he led the team down the field like a seasoned veteran. I was just as surprised as anyone how the pressure of the moment didn't get to him at all.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Heartbreaking loss for the Bobcats. I feel like we let one get away, but great teams put themselves in positions to win in the end, and that's what Glenvar did. Congrats to Glenvar on a hard fought win. Interceptions or giving the other team chances to make it close is part of the game. Great teams don't do that. We have to work on being able to close teams out. We did the very same thing with Galax. Hopefully we can win game one of the playoffs, then somehow someway make it competitive down at Appomattox in game two (if we get that far).

Congrats Glenvar. Classy program and very, very well coached.
Thanks Fairlawn. We love our coach and all the assistant coaches. They do it right and for the right reasons.

Reactions: oldfool2
The Radford player(who won state championship in high jump) had the position and caught the ball and the Glenvar receiver jumped up from behind and took it away. Too bad he didn't just knock it away or wasn't a basketball player because Cormany would have taught him how to block the receiver out. There's lots I could say but none of it good or changes the outcome so I'll just keep it too myself.
Yeah, the automatic camera didn't show it good. I thought just knocking it down would have been the right move also. Y'all are still in the hunt though.

Yep, it definitely needs to be pointed out Glenvar was down some starters with injuries. That does make a huge difference. I was hoping we could catch you all down with players out on that last drive, but that young QB is going to be special. He didn't buckle and didn't get rattled and the last play, the coverage was about perfect. He just placed the ball absolutely perfect, and placed it in the one and only place possible that would give Glenvars WR a chance at the catch, and he pulled it off. That is clutch!

Yeah, the automatic camera didn't show it good. I thought just knocking it down would have been the right move also. Y'all are still in the hunt though.
I watched it over and over. Looked like the Radford player only got a piece of it with all the handfighting going on. As they were falling to the ground, the Glenvar player pinned the ball against the helmet of the Radford player, and the ball came right down into his hands about the time he fell to the ground straight on his back. You can call it luck, skill, or both. I don't think either Radford player knew where the ball was on the way down. Crazy play for sure and one for the books.

Reactions: oldfool2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT