ADVERTISEMENT

Rappahannock 13 Essex 8 Final

I was there tonight and it was my first smaller school game in a long time. It was nice seeing those two communities come together. Rapp is a serious threat to win it all this year. Their QB Kelly and RB Madison are for real!

Reactions: uvacavs1
Congratulations to Rappahannock. You guys did just enough to get the win. Both teams had some costly turnovers due to sloppy play (my opinion). As for my Trojans…I said it last year and I’ll say it again this year, there has to be some type of passing game to open up the run. While watching warm ups, both Bundy & Hence were throwing nice passes and the receivers were catching them. I know there was no one guarding them but I don’t see why that can’t be done in games. Hey…who am I lol….just my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Does Essex ever pass? Thought they should’ve put the ball in the air on that final possession, specifically 3rd and 4th downs. I’ve never seen a team run the ball on 4th and 5 with 45 seconds left in the game down 5.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
Question - What was the LOS yard? Number of TO’s left? 45 seconds can be an eternity in a game, even high school. I don’t know the personnel but I’m fairly sure Coach Jones and his staff know. They spend long hours preparing for every game and prep. Believe me they don’t work an 8-4 day or 40 hour week. More like 50, 60, or 70 hour weeks. This coming from someone who spent these hours, day in day out, week after week, and year after year for over 35 years. Also, I was a run first, run second, and pass later. 😂😂But not what makes Saturday morning qb’s happy or makes sports writers happy.

Congratulations to Rappahannock. You guys did just enough to get the win. Both teams had some costly turnovers due to sloppy play (my opinion). As for my Trojans…I said it last year and I’ll say it again this year, there has to be some type of passing game to open up the run. While watching warm ups, both Bundy & Hence were throwing nice passes and the receivers were catching them. I know there was no one guarding them but I don’t see why that can’t be done in games. Hey…who am I lol….just my opinion
Did just enough? Seems like a back handed compliment but I digress......That was a good hard fought game. Kelly and Maddison is a heck of combo but I must say Rappahannock's offensive line and blocking backs did a tremendous job. Defense brought their hard hats and lunch pales and went to work! Those kids worked their butts off for that win. Hope they keep building on this momentum b/c the season is far from over!!!

Wow! Just wow!

A massive Congratulations to everyone involved in the Rappahannock Football and all of the Raider Athletic programs.

That is what you call an historic win for the Rappahannock Raiders right there!

And they took down the longtime Essex powerhouse machine in their own house...

I was at the Northumberland at Lancaster rivalry Battle of the Bay. Northumberland won 38-18 and celebrated with that huge wooden trophy shaped like the end of a dock.

Northumberland QB Tyreek Lundy put on a show (4 TDs, 100+ yards rushing plus on defense Lundy recorded 3 interceptions (2 were amazing catches).

Essex comes to Northumberland next weekend.

When the loudspeaker in Lancaster announced that Rappahannock had defeated Essex at Essex, basically everyone who was paying any attention at all was like "dang, did they just say that Rappahannock defeated Essex? That must have been a mistake" ha.

I think that I said something loudly like "Holy crap, that's insane." lol

I've heard several people/fans from different Northern Neck schools (including Rappahannock) say basically the same thing - "I can't believe it."

Well done!

It was Rapp's first win over Essex since 2001. Including playoffs, Essex had won the previous 25 encounters... These two have a good chance of meeting again in the Region A championship game and also both teams are junior heavy and nearly all the key players for both teams return next year

It was Rapp's first win over Essex since 2001. Including playoffs, Essex had won the previous 25 encounters... These two have a good chance of meeting again in the Region A championship game and also both teams are junior heavy and nearly all the key players for both teams return next year
Almost all of those Essex wins were also blowout wins as well (as you know, of course). It was almost always over before halftime.

Folks under 24 had never experienced a Rappahannock win over Essex (like my own two children who went to Rappahannock and are now a senior and sophomore in college).

Crazy if you think about it...

Did just enough? Seems like a back handed compliment but I digress......That was a good hard fought game. Kelly and Maddison is a heck of combo but I must say Rappahannock's offensive line and blocking backs did a tremendous job. Defense brought their hard hats and lunch pales and went to work! Those kids worked their butts off for that win. Hope they keep building on this momentum b/c the season is far from over!!!
I’ve noticed whatever I say that’s not in line with what you believe, it’s always gonna be taken in a negative way by you. A 5 point victory is “just enough” in my book. It was a hard fought game (sloppy at times by both teams). I gave Rapp their props on the win. What more do you want?

Essex learned a hard lesson last night. You can’t get to comfortable. You are the target in these parts and teams look forward to knocking you off. I’m pretty sure Jones and staff will get things tighten back up and refocused. Eat your humble pie this weekend and get back to work.

I still say incorporate some pass plays to open up things a bit. On to Northumberland.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT