ADVERTISEMENT

Rappahannock County 41 Grace Christian 12

mmqp

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 22, 2006
Well this score perked my ears up. Not only have the Panthers won two games in a row dating back to last season, they've blown those two opponents out of the water. It's one thing to whip Massanutten, but Grace had a pretty solid team last year.

Later this season RC has a chance to do something they have not done since 2009: beat a public school. With games vs K&Q, Page, and Hundred (WV) they could very well pull that off. I may make the trip over to watch them play Page now.

Congrats Panthers!

Reactions: uvacavs1
Congrats to Rappahonnock County. I played for King and Queen back from the 2001 season to 2004 season and now coach at King and Queen ; as many know K&Q has had some tough years as of recent and as Rappahonnock County trying to build an program up! Glad to see them guys working hard out there . We scrimmaged the Panthers last year and are a class act team! Congrats again and Good luck to them this season and look forward to our game this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: uvacavs1
And best of luck to King & Queen as well! Thats another program I'd love to see turn it around.

Well this score perked my ears up. Not only have the Panthers won two games in a row dating back to last season, they've blown those two opponents out of the water. It's one thing to whip Massanutten, but Grace had a pretty solid team last year.

Later this season RC has a chance to do something they have not done since 2009: beat a public school. With games vs K&Q, Page, and Hundred (WV) they could very well pull that off. I may make the trip over to watch them play Page now.

Congrats Panthers!
Wow, what kind of offense and defense was Grace in this year? They threw a lot last yr.

Rapp and Madison played a benefit game 2 weeks ago. Granted it was only a benefit game, but MC only scored 27 points. MC scored 33 in the first quarter v. King William (and 62 overall) in the season opener this past Friday. By all accounts, Rapp is much better this year.

BBBUUTTT...Past history for RC: They have a decent group of kids coming through, they get better, worm their way back into the VHSL good graces, play a full district schedule, then drop out in a few years when they no longer have the athletes.

I hope history does not repeat itself but I am betting that it does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT