ADVERTISEMENT

RCHS/DEFENSE

Sep 26, 2011
Here it is the 6 week and we have gave up way over 200 points so far this year and the Defensive coach is still trying to run a 3-4 Defense, I say its time to run him out of town and back to little league because its a JOKE. What I don't understand is by now why hasn't the head coach took the Defense over, Akers is the head man in charge and he is getting all the blame so start running the defense. As for the offense I was told the Defensive coach was the o line coach also and it shows it's late in the year but what are they waiting on, I guess another 200 points to be score on them.

By this time season pretty much done & over. 2 games remain on the schedule in which RCHS has a shot at pulling out a win. The last 2 games will be ugly. Hopefully the approach is to finish the season with the 3/4 defense and hopefully in the off season dispose of it. they wont have the personel to run it next year either. I will say one thing about Botetourt game friday, 1st half defense played excellent 14-0 halftime, but, had a int. returned for 6pts and LB only had to go 8 yards for the 2nd score after a RCHS fumble between QB & RB exchange. 2nd half the wheels came off the bus though...RCHS just doesnt seem to have alot talent at the skill positions, no deadly speed, speed you need, gotta have Da speed.....

I would hope they would change it this year even though the season is over, plus if we know they don't have a lot o speed why would the defenseive coach run a3-4. It takes speed and 3 bad ass linemen to run it. I would go ahead and make the change to end this season on a good note and getting ready for next year. I also think if we stay in a 3-4 in these last few games we wont win just like the second half LB ran the ball up the middle for 5 to 10 yards a crack. High school coaching is 80% coaching and the rest is what ball players you have to work with, make the adjustments that best fits your team. Like I said before Akers was given a bad hand from the start with no help what so ever.

I'll tell you the truth, I'am not a fan of the 3-4 defense either, but, sometimes I wonder if any defense would work. We could play with 13 defensive players at a time & still not stop anybody. RCHS just doesn't tackle well across the board & defending the pass, well, it is just non existing, I can't recall 1 team getting beat deep & giving up 3rd and longs as much as us this season...We should have done what Northside does & got Dawson (PM) to transfer to RCHS....LOL

I agree with Dawson and I know some parents that know him close and some other players down there and they want no part of RCHS they said this town does not support the kids in sports and I hate to say it but that's true.

Lexingto is & will always be a college town. W&L & VMI will win out every day of the week. Been like that for the last 30 yrs. wont be any different going forward....Get use to it....

I guess you are right we have only had 4or 5 good years in the last 40 so the kids are used to it by now, I don't blame parents for moving there kids elsewhere.

Only other choise is PM High to transfer into for football. RCHS is still the better place for kids to be seen & recruited for the next level 3A. As bad to average as some of the RCHS teams have been over the yrs they have placed a good many players in the DIII & DII & even few D1 leagues in college. I'am not really that up to date with PM past players but I seen rivals school list for Dawson(RB). and appears he has no offers as of yet. I have to believe if he played at RCHS he would have VMI, and few others like them as well (JMU)....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT