ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B As Of Sept. 23rd

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
Sources tell me that next week we will get the first release of the VHSL Ratings. With that knowledge, here is how Region 4B looks going into Week 5 of the regular season.

5 Undefeated teams...
1-0 Dinwiddie v. 1-2 Colonial Heights
2-0 Eastern View v. 0-2 Chancellor
2-0 King George v. 1-2 James Monroe
3-0 Matoaca v. 2-0 Thomas Dale
2-0 Varina v. 1-2 Mechanicsville

4 Winless teams...
0-1 Chancellor v. 2-0 Eastern View
0-2 Henrico v. 2-2 Highland Springs
0-3 Huguenot v. 0-3 Clover Hill
0-3 Courtland v. 2-1 Spotsylvania

Rest of the pack...
3-1 Atlee v. 2-1 Patrick Henry
2-1 Hanover (Idle)
2-1 Monacan v. 2-0 Midlothian
2-1 Patrick Henry v. 3-1 Atlee
2-1 Powhatan v. 1-2 George Wythe
2-1 Spotsylvania v. 0-3 Courtland
1-2 George Wythe v. 2-1 Powhatan
1-2 Mechanicsville v. 2-0 Varina

RVA Sports Network
@TheRVASportsNet

FOOTBALL ALERT:
@VHSL_

announces first weekly regional rankings will be released on October 11, after Week 7 rather than the traditional Week 5 due to the many postponements and cancellations.
Something must have changed as two days ago I was told by a source within the VHSL it would be this coming week.

Will be interesting to see if it happens on the 11th though because games are still being postponed and cancelled.

Something must have changed as two days ago I was told by a source within the VHSL it would be this coming week.

Will be interesting to see if it happens on the 11th though because games are still being postponed and cancelled.
Danny, they are dealing with a constantly moving target, trying to assemble info for ratings. But primarily, so many teams have cancelled or postponed games, it was felt that waiting a couple of more weeks would provide a rating list that would not fluctuate so wildly after each week going forward. Meaning, the ratings would be based on a larger bank of data.

BTW, already this week, 16 games have been affected by cancellations or postponements, (so far)! That means 32 teams are affected.

My hope is that one of the math Gurus here on VirginiaPreps will calculate and post the ratings. Our old friend Devils used to do that for us in the early weeks of the season.

Danny, they are dealing with a constantly moving target, trying to assemble info for ratings. But primarily, so many teams have cancelled or postponed games, it was felt that waiting a couple of more weeks would provide a rating list that would not fluctuate so wildly after each week going forward. Meaning, the ratings would be based on a larger bank of data.

BTW, already this week, 16 games have been affected by cancellations or postponements, (so far)! That means 32 teams are affected.

My hope is that one of the math Gurus here on VirginiaPreps will calculate and post the ratings. Our old friend Devils used to do that for us in the early weeks of the season.
I used to take a stab at the ratings myself but my head gets numb just trying to think about trying to tackle it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT