ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B Playoff Turnover

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
So Region 4B came to be for the 2017 season and we have had 5 playoffs in that time but you cannot count Spring 2021 cause there were only 4 participants and you can't use Fall 2021 because you have no full field to compare with from the Spring.

So in 2017 Dinwiddie, Midlothian, Huguenot, Courtland, Monacan, Louisa, Eastern View & Patrick Henry all made the playoffs.

In 2018 Powhatan was in, Patrick Henry was out; the rest of the field was the same as 2017.

In 2019 King George, Patrick Henry and Spotsylvania replaced Midlothian, Powhatan and Courtland.

So on average there is a turnover of 2 teams per season which begs the question, who will miss out this season and who will crash the party?

Last years field was Dinwiddie, Atlee, Matoaca, Patrick Henry, Varina, Powhatan, King George and Chancellor. Who do you see falling out?

Those who missed out? Courtland, Eastern View, George Wythe (Richmond), Hanover, Henrico, Huguenot, Mechanicsville, Monacan and Spotsylvania. Who do you see rising up?

So Region 4B came to be for the 2017 season and we have had 5 playoffs in that time but you cannot count Spring 2021 cause there were only 4 participants and you can't use Fall 2021 because you have no full field to compare with from the Spring.

So in 2017 Dinwiddie, Midlothian, Huguenot, Courtland, Monacan, Louisa, Eastern View & Patrick Henry all made the playoffs.

In 2018 Powhatan was in, Patrick Henry was out; the rest of the field was the same as 2017.

In 2019 King George, Patrick Henry and Spotsylvania replaced Midlothian, Powhatan and Courtland.

So on average there is a turnover of 2 teams per season which begs the question, who will miss out this season and who will crash the party?

Last years field was Dinwiddie, Atlee, Matoaca, Patrick Henry, Varina, Powhatan, King George and Chancellor. Who do you see falling out?

Those who missed out? Courtland, Eastern View, George Wythe (Richmond), Hanover, Henrico, Huguenot, Mechanicsville, Monacan and Spotsylvania. Who do you see rising up?
it is about time for Monacan to come back up - they never recovered from that Title game last play that changed everything.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
it is about time for Monacan to come back up - they never recovered from that Title game last play that changed everything.
That's one I definitely thought of... also wonder if Eastern View can bounce back and can Hanover end their playoff drought.

That's one I definitely thought of... also wonder if Eastern View can bounce back and can Hanover end their playoff drought.
I tend to favor
Hanover as getting in, but I am at a loss to guess as to who would be out.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Danny, I haven’t seen the new alignment proposals yet, have you?
I wonder if we will see any changes I our area?

Danny, I haven’t seen the new alignment proposals yet, have you?
I wonder if we will see any changes I our area?
Nothing yet. I imagine our mutual friend could shed some light on that subject. I scoured the VHSL site and there is nothing new... the last thing regarding alignment was from 2021 an that was referring to last season and this upcoming season.

You would think they have to get on the ball soon or they play under the currently alignment for the 2023-2024 season to give them more time.

Nothing yet. I imagine our mutual friend could shed some light on that subject. I scoured the VHSL site and there is nothing new... the last thing regarding alignment was from 2021 an that was referring to last season and this upcoming season.

You would think they have to get on the ball soon or they play under the currently alignment for the 2023-2024 season to give them more time.
I know there have been several meetings/sessions to formulate the classifications, and they have identified the potential movements. I believe they are doing their due diligence to be positive that the numbers they are using are not skewed because of the usual “late game” adjustments. I am purely speculating, but I believe they are making a concerted effort to have if accurate for the first posting, to cut down on all of the appeals.

NFHS National Convention starts next week, so there will not be any new news until after that concludes.

I see the ad on here with Matt‘s picture. Who was the old comedian that said he had a face for radio? Maybe Rodney Dangerfield. Matt’s a handsome guy, but I don’t think we should just let him have a free pass!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT