ADVERTISEMENT

Region 5B

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
We are halfway through the season and I ask you who is going to get those four spots in the playoffs?

Varina is 3-1 and has Douglas Freeman(2-2) and Highland Springs(3-0) left.

Highland Springs is 3-0 and has Deep Run(2-1), JR Tucker(0-3) and Varina(3-1) left.

Prince George is 3-0 and has Thomas Dale(2-0), Petersburg(0-2) and Meadowbrook(0-1) left.

Deep Run is 2-1 and has Highland Springs(3-0), Hermitage(3-0) and Mills Godwin(0-3) left.

Hermitage is 3-0 and has Henrico(0-3), Deep Run(2-1) and JR Tucker(0-3) left.

Manchester is 2-1 and has Midlothian(3-0), Clover Hill(1-2) and Cosby(0-3) left.

Midlothian is 3-0 and has Manchester(2-1), James River(1-2) and Powhatan(2-1) left.

7 teams competing for 4 spots....

We are halfway through the season and I ask you who is going to get those four spots in the playoffs?

Varina is 3-1 and has Douglas Freeman(2-2) and Highland Springs(3-0) left.

Highland Springs is 3-0 and has Deep Run(2-1), JR Tucker(0-3) and Varina(3-1) left.

Prince George is 3-0 and has Thomas Dale(2-0), Petersburg(0-2) and Meadowbrook(0-1) left.

Deep Run is 2-1 and has Highland Springs(3-0), Hermitage(3-0) and Mills Godwin(0-3) left.

Hermitage is 3-0 and has Henrico(0-3), Deep Run(2-1) and JR Tucker(0-3) left.

Manchester is 2-1 and has Midlothian(3-0), Clover Hill(1-2) and Cosby(0-3) left.

Midlothian is 3-0 and has Manchester(2-1), James River(1-2) and Powhatan(2-1) left.

7 teams competing for 4 spots....

Prediction:

we will have 4 undefeated’s in 5B
HSHS
Hermitage
Midlothian
Prince George

Reactions: RVA804
Sounds like you believe Prince George will get past Thomas Dale and Midlothian past Manchester & Powhatan?

I do... Midlo vs Manchester is the big question mark though. I do not believe there is a large degree of separation between Midlo, Powhatan, Manchester, TD or PG. They could go either way. Offensively, I think Manchester is the best team. Defensively, I'll take Midlo or PG. I really like Midlo's middle linebacker. Dale is the one I don't know a ton about. Unfortunate that the dale and hopewell game got cancelled. That would have been a great measuring stick. Powhatan is a scrappy team that can majorly frustrate a larger opponent so they could easily upset someone in the remaining games.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I do... Midlo vs Manchester is the big question mark though. I do not believe there is a large degree of separation between Midlo, Powhatan, Manchester, TD or PG. They could go either way. Offensively, I think Manchester is the best team. Defensively, I'll take Midlo or PG. I really like Midlo's middle linebacker. Dale is the one I don't know a ton about. Unfortunate that the dale and hopewell game got cancelled. That would have been a great measuring stick. Powhatan is a scrappy team that can majorly frustrate a larger opponent so they could easily upset someone in the remaining games.

I'm planning on going o TD-PG this Friday night so I hope to learn more from both this week.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Deep Run is playing for their life this week.
Sounds like you believe Prince George will get past Thomas Dale and Midlothian past Manchester & Powhatan?
I can see PG over Dale but Midlo over Manchester would be an “upset” IMO. Has Midlo ever beaten Manchester in the past 15 years?

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Covid hurt!! if these 4 teams finished undefeated those first round games are most likely blow outs just to see HS vs Herm in regional which will be good! Covid hurt teams like Varina who improved since week 1, DR and Manchester who still are good matchups, who played a tougher schedule than PG n Midlo. Even Glen Allen who will finish 4-2 and had herm 0-0 in the fourth and up 9-7 at half vs HS. Sucks to see covid effort the playoffs like this but glaf to see it back and will make next season even more interesting as things will look to be much normal

https://drive.google.com/.../1YGdo7p8CgAfMX3K1KzNxTS.../view

Virginia High School League have finished the Mid-Cycle Adjustment. Locally Manchester has move up to Class 6 and four local Class 5 schools have moved down to Class 4 (Henrico, Varina, Matoaca and Atlee).
Region 5A - Tidewater Area
Region 5B - Peninsula Area
Region 5C - RVa Area
Region 5D - NW Areas

All movement is because of student population changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT