ADVERTISEMENT

Region A Softball

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
What a regional tournament it is shaping up to be. There's 4 legit state championship contenders in this region. Lunenburg has one loss on the season to Randolph Henry. Randolph Henry led by Liberty signee Danner Allen has only 3 losses, King William led by JMU signee Taylor Johnson has just one loss, to class 6 Cosby, and Poquoson only has 3 losses playing in the tough Bay Rivers district. KW was a state semifinalist last year and honestly should have made it to the championship game. Poquoson was a state quarterfinalist last season. Lunenburg was a state semifinalist in class 1 last season, while RH lost to KW in the regional semifinals in 10 innings. Throw in Amelia, who beat RH this season once and Nottoway, who only lost to RH by one today and even Nandua and who knows how it will turnout. I'll definitely be curious how the seeds play out.

Honestly, the entire state tournament is wide open. Region B has Page Co, Buckingham and Strasburg. Region C has Appomattox and Region D has Richlands, Lebanon and John Battle. It'll ultimately boil down to who makes the least amount of errors and who can come up with the timely hits.

What a regional tournament it is shaping up to be. There's 4 legit state championship contenders in this region. Lunenburg has one loss on the season to Randolph Henry. Randolph Henry led by Liberty signee Danner Allen has only 3 losses, King William led by JMU signee Taylor Johnson has just one loss, to class 6 Cosby, and Poquoson only has 3 losses playing in the tough Bay Rivers district. KW was a state semifinalist last year and honestly should have made it to the championship game. Poquoson was a state quarterfinalist last season. Lunenburg was a state semifinalist in class 1 last season, while RH lost to KW in the regional semifinals in 10 innings. Throw in Amelia, who beat RH this season once and Nottoway, who only lost to RH by one today and even Nandua and who knows how it will turnout. I'll definitely be curious how the seeds play out.

Honestly, the entire state tournament is wide open. Region B has Page Co, Buckingham and Strasburg. Region C has Appomattox and Region D has Richlands, Lebanon and John Battle. It'll ultimately boil down to who makes the least amount of errors and who can come up with the timely hits.
Completely agree with your last sentence. But add Wise Central to your Region D list. They seem to be on fire at the right time. Mountain 7 has been difficult to figure out though. Also Lee High could give some teams some problems. We'll see how they've progressed Thursday

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I did just hear that KW is the #1 seed in Region A and will host the 8/9 seed winner on Thursday. That'll be either Greensville or Amelia. I haven't heard anything other seeds though, as of now.

I did just hear that KW is the #1 seed in Region A and will host the 8/9 seed winner on Thursday. That'll be either Greensville or Amelia. I haven't heard anything other seeds though, as of now.
Its crazy how each region does their tournament differently. Region D will seed by district standings. So Southwest district 1 seed plays Mnt 7 District 4 seed, SW2 plays Mnt 7 3 seed and so on. I believe i like the way your region does it better.

Edit: but i guess thats because region A has more than 2 districts. So makes sense if so

Its crazy how each region does their tournament differently. Region D will seed by district standings. So Southwest district 1 seed plays Mnt 7 District 4 seed, SW2 plays Mnt 7 3 seed and so on. I believe i like the way your region does it better.

Edit: but i guess thats because region A has more than 2 districts. So makes sense if so
Yeah Region A has the Tidewater, Eastern Shore, Bay Rivers, James River and Tri Rivers all with representatives, so it's very spread out. To be honest, I don't even know how they determine seeding. Lol

King William has a makeup game with class 3 power New Kent on Monday, before they even begin regional play. The game has been postponed twice because of rain. It'll be a good test for both teams before they head into the postseason

Region 2A uses a power point system. The KW & NK game does not count in the points as it is being played after the cutoff date.

Final Standings:

1. King William – 16.6125
  2. Central Lunenburg – 15.6875
  3. Randolph-Henry – 14.65
  4. Poquoson – 14.27
  5. Southampton – 9.66
  6. Nandua – 8.02
  7. Nottoway – 6.94
  8. Greensville – 6.67
  9. Amelia – 6.4375
  10. John Marshall – 5.94
First Round, Tuesday, 5/21:

#7 Nottoway hosts #10 John Marshall – winner travels to #2 Central Lunenburg

#8 Greensville hosts #9 Amelia – winner travels to #1 King William

Quarterfinals, Thursday, 5/23:

#1 King William hosts 8 vs 9 winner

#2 Central Lunenburg hosts 7 vs 10 winner

#3 Randolph-Henry hosts #6 Nandua

#4 Poquoson hosts #5 Southampton

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Region 2A uses a power point system. The KW & NK game does not count in the points as it is being played after the cutoff date.

Final Standings:

1. King William – 16.6125
  2. Central Lunenburg – 15.6875
  3. Randolph-Henry – 14.65
  4. Poquoson – 14.27
  5. Southampton – 9.66
  6. Nandua – 8.02
  7. Nottoway – 6.94
  8. Greensville – 6.67
  9. Amelia – 6.4375
  10. John Marshall – 5.94
First Round, Tuesday, 5/21:

#7 Nottoway hosts #10 John Marshall – winner travels to #2 Central Lunenburg

#8 Greensville hosts #9 Amelia – winner travels to #1 King William

Quarterfinals, Thursday, 5/23:

#1 King William hosts 8 vs 9 winner

#2 Central Lunenburg hosts 7 vs 10 winner

#3 Randolph-Henry hosts #6 Nandua

#4 Poquoson hosts #5 Southampton
Thanks for sharing

Gonna be 2 really good regional semifinals in Region A on Tuesday. Both games are toss ups and any of the four could potentially win the state championship

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT