ADVERTISEMENT

Region B Ratings Oct 21st

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
We are getting down to crunch time now. And this will be a longer post to update the situation.

A: I have it on very good authority that the missing Greenbrier games from the Master Schedule (and thus points) is getting corrected, so no more 2 different Ratings for SD.

1. Strasburg (7-1): 25.00
2. Luray (6-2): 24.38
3. Central (7-1): 23.75
4. Buckingham (7-1): 23.25
4. Clarke County (6-2): 23.25
6. Stuarts Draft (6-2): 22.38
7. East Rockingham (4-5): 19.88
8. Madison County (5-3): 19.00
9. Page County (3-5): 15.63

Now, since Region B is doing it a bit different, the seeds currently are:

1. Strasburg
2. Central
3. Luray
4. Buckingham
4. Clarke County
6. Stuarts Draft
7. East Rockingham
8. Madison County
9. Page County

And the CRAZY part, IF Buckingham and/or Stuarts Draft ends up higher Rating than a team that finishes high in Bull Run district standings, then that team would take their place.

Example: If East Rockingham were to finish 2nd in Bull Run district, they would then be seeded higher than all but the Bull Run winner. And since at the moment Buckingham and Stuarts Draft are ahead of ER in points, then Buckingham would be 2 seed, Stuarts Draft 3, and East Rock 4th. I know that ER probably doesn't end there, but just giving you fellas the breakdown. CRAZY!!!

Last edited:
We are getting down to crunch time now. And this will be a longer post to update the situation.

A: I have it on very good authority that the missing Greenbrier games from the Master Schedule (and thus points) is getting corrected, so no more 2 different Ratings for SD.

1. Strasburg (7-1): 25.00
2. Luray (6-2): 24.38
3. Central (7-1): 23.75
4. Buckingham (7-1): 23.25
4. Clarke County (6-2): 23.25
6. Stuarts Draft (6-2): 22.38
7. East Rockingham (4-5): 19.56 (would go to 19.78 with TA win Monday
8. Madison County (5-3): 19.00
9. Page County (3-5): 16.00

Now, since Region B is doing it a bit different, the seeds currently are:

1. Strasburg
2. Central
3. Luray
4. Buckingham
4. Clarke County
6. Stuarts Draft
7. East Rockingham
8. Madison County
9. Page County

And the CRAZY part, IF Buckingham and/or Stuarts Draft ends up higher Rating than a team that finishes high in Bull Run district standings, then that team would take their place.

Example: If East Rockingham were to finish 2nd in Bull Run district, they would then be seeded higher than all but the Bull Run winner. And since at the moment Buckingham and Stuarts Draft are ahead of ER in points, then Buckingham would be 2 seed, Stuarts Draft 3, and East Rock 4th. I know that ER probably doesn't end there, but just giving you fellas the breakdown. CRAZY!!!
I wish all regions would just go by the power points and leave it at that. Region A does something quirky too that is based on power points, winning percentage and something else. I know it caused some commotion last year because for one KW had the highest power rating, but was the #2 seed, while Nottoway was the top seed because they were undefeated against a weak schedule. Also Poquoson was 3rd in power points and dropped to the 6 seed and had to end up playing KW in the 2nd round instead of the regional finals. The winning percentage thing is one that I really don't like. You have a team like Poquoson who plays in a tough district with mostly Class 3 and 4 schools and KW who has 3 losses currently and both have been battle tested, yet they might get a lower seed than a team with 8 or 9 wins against a weak schedule. I guess the cream will always rise to the crop sorta speak, but it definitely gets to be confusing when each Region gets to do their own thing.

I wish all regions would just go by the power points and leave it at that. Region A does something quirky too that is based on power points, winning percentage and something else. I know it caused some commotion last year because for one KW had the highest power rating, but was the #2 seed, while Nottoway was the top seed because they were undefeated against a weak schedule. Also Poquoson was 3rd in power points and dropped to the 6 seed and had to end up playing KW in the 2nd round instead of the regional finals. The winning percentage thing is one that I really don't like. You have a team like Poquoson who plays in a tough district with mostly Class 3 and 4 schools and KW who has 3 losses currently and both have been battle tested, yet they might get a lower seed than a team with 8 or 9 wins against a weak schedule. I guess the cream will always rise to the crop sorta speak, but it definitely gets to be confusing when each Region gets to do their own thing.

Yea, it makes no sense to me. All that its going to do is hurt one of the Bull Run teams (or more). In the above example, Luray in 2nd in PP, and depending on tie breaker 4th in district, which then would make them a 5 seed (if Buckingham has Tiebreaker over Clarke).

So the way they are doing it is nothing but a plus for Buckingham and Stuarts Draft, and it was asked for by neither of them.

• Sad
Reactions: kwhs95fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT