ADVERTISEMENT

Region B

That video is proof that my assumption is correct. There is a 180 degree turnaround in the culture and expectations at PG. I’ll be shocked if we are not using the term “dangerous opponent” just a few weeks into the season.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
King George plays Brooke Point on Thursday night. Was talking to a coach from a Region B program and it’s insane to me that people are counting them out. Covid year they win Region B, the next year they take the states best team to triple OT in the region championship, the next year they win the region and gives Phoebus all they can handle this past year in Hampton. Yeah they lost the two studs but they also bring back 3 of the top 15 players in the whole region plus added the Carpenter kid from St. Michael’s/Herm. Carpenter and Chavion Johnson won’t be the two studs they had but they’ll give similar production and results.

King George plays Brooke Point on Thursday night. Was talking to a coach from a Region B program and it’s insane to me that people are counting them out. Covid year they win Region B, the next year they take the states best team to triple OT in the region championship, the next year they win the region and gives Phoebus all they can handle this past year in Hampton. Yeah they lost the two studs but they also bring back 3 of the top 15 players in the whole region plus added the Carpenter kid from St. Michael’s/Herm. Carpenter and Chavion Johnson won’t be the two studs they had but they’ll give similar production and results.
I think most people have been silent on them because we really haven’t heard much about their off season to this point. I do think however, regardless of what they bring back, that they’ll go 9-1/10-0. It’ll be a different version of KG that we haven’t seen with this on having to rely on the run game and play action a bit more imo

EV is KG's sole challenge in the regular season. I agree with @General172011, I don't think anyone has or is discounting the blue and gold. In 2022, they had a dual threat QB that was tough as nails and a ton of weapons. Last year they brought in another QB and he performed admirably with three (not two) nasty receivers. The QB and offensive line are the key. If they give the QB time he can pick you apart. Pressure him and he will make mistakes. I thought KG's defense was solid last year and to be honest the two big receivers might be missed the most on that side of the ball. KG will be a major player come November.

Agree 👍, PG, Colonial heights and Meadowbrook + Petersburg. Everyone will be much improved.
Love confidence @10iceiceice, but Prince George looks about the same and Colonial Heights took a bad loss. Both teams will struggle to get a win in the district. Petersburg, Dale, and Meadowbrook went to work. Coach Billy Rudd is really doing a great job for the Monarchs.

Last edited:
MBK is gonna be okay. They have “The DB Whisperer” there coaching the defense and say what you want, he gets some very good athletes to follow him wherever he goes. MBK is on their way back.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Yeah, Coach Rudd played at Meadowbrook and understand the kids/culture. He was a good kid then and a good man now. His old travel soccer coach T.O. Rainey is looking down from heaven and smiling. I know I am proud of him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT