ADVERTISEMENT

Region C and D playoff pairings hopefully decided by late tonight

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
Looking forward to tonight's games, but looking forward to the playoff pairings. If it looks like the Region C and Region D playoff pairings/seedings will be decided tonight, and no lingering Saturday games effect them, then please post them if you have the time and are up late.

Interesting games this weekend include
1. Floyd vs Carroll County. Calpreps has this one as a 10 pt win for Floyd, but Carroll could pull the upset if Floyd doesn't come prepared.
2. Glenvar vs Giles- I don't think this one will be close, but you never know with Giles. Interestingly, Giles beat James River by 28 and Glenvar beat them by 19, so you never know. This one may be closer than many think.
3. Martinsville vs Bassett, I know Bassett is favored my most opinions, but the Dogs may have something for them. Calpreps favors Bassett by 13 pts. It would be some kind of a win if Martinsville could pull this off and go 9-1. I hope Martinsville get that win, but its going to be tough.
4. Gretna vs Nelson County- can the Hawks break even and go 5-5 with the win. I think they do.

In Region D, lots to be decided with their pairings
1. Graham plays Marion- The GMen will have to lose on its homefield to be eliminated from the playoffs before the state title game if they make it. It looks like the G-Men are healthy and rolling full steam ahead as the #1 overall power ranking team in Class 2 Va.
2. Ridgeview vs Gate City- Huge game like Martinsville and Bassett. The winner wins the M7 District. The game is at historic legion field in GC. The Blue Devils are a well coached and dangerous team that looks to be loaded in talent once again for the upcoming future.
3. Richlands vs Virginia- major seeding implications for Virginia ,and Richlands needs the win to have a shot at the 8th seed in the playoffs.
4. Lee vs Abingdon- Lee High trying to go 7-3 on the year with a win and possibly be as high as a 3 seed in Region D if they win and things break for them.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Bassett's only 2 losses were the first 2 games of the season to Franklin Co 21-17 in a game that came down to the wire and to LCA 34-14. It will be a huge upset if Martinsville wins this game. This will be a huge crowd, probably as big as they have ever had, especially with Magna Vista playing last night, alot of their crowd will be there also. Might rival the crowd they had against Salem in the state semi finals back in 97 or 98.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT