ADVERTISEMENT

Region C breakdown

hawknation92

VaPreps Varsity
Dec 16, 2005
1. Glenvar I have finishing (9-1) with 23.600. They have James River, Floyd, and Carroll left. I predict they win out and are first but Floyd has been looking pretty good and could upset Glenvar that would possibly put Floyd in first and Glenvar in second.
2. Gretna I have finishing (7-3) with 21.600. They have Nelson, Chatham, and William Campbell left. Out of the top four teams in region Gretna probably has easiest schedule left. Have them beating out Floyd by two points but Ryder points could change and put them in third especially if Floyd knocked off Glenvar.
3. Floyd I have finishing (6-4) with 21.400. They have Radford, Glenvar, and Allegheny left and hardest schedule of top teams left. Have them beating Radford but losing last two. A win by Radford could move Radford to 2 and drop Floyd to 4. Also if they could be at Radford and Glenvar, only losing to Allegheny, they could over take Glenvar for first.
4. Radford I have finishing at (6-4) with 20.500. They have Floyd and Carroll left. I have them just beating Carroll. If they win both get second but if they lose both could end up 5 with Appo passing them for 4.
5. Appomattox I have finishing (4-6) at 19.000. They have just William Campbell and Dan River left and have them easily winning both. If Radford loses to Floyd and Carroll I have them jumping to 4 but just by one power points so depending on Ryder points could still end up 5.
6. Nelson I have finishing (5-4) with 18.111. They have Gretna and AltaVista left and will most likely lose both. Still have not heard if Chatham and them will make their game cancelled up. If so a win against Chatham would put them just one point behind Appo which means they could have chance for 5 but loss would drop them to 6.
7. Patrick I have finishing (4-6) with 17.700. They have Allegheny and James River left. I have them beating James River and would be pretty set to be 7. If they were to lose to James River still have them at 7 unless Martinsville was to beat Halifax would drop them to 8 and if Chatham was to play Nelson and win would also drop them to 8 or with Martinsville beating Halifax to 9 and out of playoffs.
8. Chatham I have finishing (4-5) with 15.777 just barely edging Martinsville for 8. They have Dan River, Gretna, and AltaVista left. Have them only beating DR. Just one extra power point by Martinsville could move them out of playoffs. Also if they make Nelson game up and lose would also move them out of playoffs just as loss to DR would too.
9. Martinsville I have finishing (3-7) with 15.600. They have Bassett and Halifax left. Have them losing both and out by just one point to Chatham. One game go different for Ryder points and they in over Chatham. They beat Halifax they in and could go as high as 7.
10. Dan River I have finishing (2-8) at 13.800. They have Chatham, William Campbell, and Appo left. Only have them maybe beating WC but with a Chatham win have them 9 four points behind Martinsville that could be made up by power points but not likely.
11&12 Liberty and James River are out and probably lose out with Liberty at (0-10) and James River at (1-9).

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
So it looks like a good chance of Appo vs Radford in round 1. I know Glenvar is the favorites in C and Gretna is pretty good and I've seen Appo's record. Why would I rather play Gretna or Glenvar in round 1? Because I know when Appo shows up, it doesn't matter what their record is. There is Talent on the field and Talent has the nasty ability to raise its ugly head for one day/for one game, and that worries me.

Last edited:
So it looks like a good chance of Appo vs Radford in round 1. I know Glenvar is the favorites in C and Gretna is pretty good and I've seen Appo's record. Why would I rather play Gretna or Glenvar in round 1? Because I know when Appo shows up, it doesn't matter what their record ID. There is Talent on the field and Talent has the nasty ability to raise its ugly head for one day/for one game, and that worries me.
I know exactly how you feel. There are a couple of teams that Dinwiddie occasionally faces that make me extremely nervous even if they are 21 point underdogs.

But, putting that aside, I don’t think Radford will have much trouble with Appo this season. It’s just not working so good for them this year. Are they improved? Certainly. But so has everyone else.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
I know exactly how you feel. There are a couple of teams that Dinwiddie occasionally faces that make me extremely nervous even if they are 21 point underdogs.

But, putting that aside, I don’t think Radford will have much trouble with Appo this season. It’s just not working so good for them this year. Are they improved? Certainly. But so has everyone else.
Always makes me nervous with teams like that Dinwiddie. For example with you guys a team like Hopewell. I don't know what Hopewells record is this year, maybe 3 and 3ish, but they have talent and talent can be scary.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Always makes me nervous with teams like that Dinwiddie. For example with you guys a team like Hopewell. I don't know what Hopewells record is this year, maybe 3 and 3ish, but they have talent and talent can be scary.
You are exactly right. And you have to consider the coach. The coach at Hopewell, Irby, hasn’t been as successful as he has because he just lets things happen. Having said that, we have Prince George this Friday. They have plenty of kids and always have a smattering of talent, but they have been very poorly coached for years. But, Coach Hall retired from Manchester and took the job at PG, so am I worried, absolutely. And will be every year going forward.

And then you factor in that PG doesn’t like Dinwiddie, and the feeling is mutual.

So this will be my Appomattox nervous Nelly game.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Appomattox hasn't played a team with a losing record yet I believe. Teams that beat them has a combined record 33-8..Just to take it further those 8 losses came from teams like Heritage,,LCA,,Altavista,,Glass,,Magna Vista Appo is well tested and could be dangerous

Appomattox hasn't played a team with a losing record yet I believe. Teams that beat them has a combined record 33-8..Just to take it further those 8 losses came from teams like Heritage,,LCA,,Altavista,,Glass,,Magna Vista Appo is well tested and could be dangerous
Over here in 4B, a couple of teams always have schedules like Appo has had. Monacan and Hanover. They may be .500 going into the playoffs, but they are battle hardened and capable.
Like was said above, “Upset Alert!”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT