ADVERTISEMENT

The Battle for #1 in 4B

General172011

VaPreps Rookie
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2022
These last 3 weeks are going to be absolute madness. Huguenot will win out but they need both Varina & Dinwiddie to lose in order to obtain the 1 seed I think. I have no idea how things will play out if Varina and Dinwiddie both win out / or one loses I know someone can help me out with that.
A lot of great football coming the next 3 weeks with huge seeding implications:
Eastern View v King George
Highland Springs v Varina
Matoaca v Dinwiddie
Highland Springs v Hanover

You’re dammed if you do, damned if you don’t in this region. I wouldn’t want to be that 2 seed in this region. I think it’ll ultimately be 1. Dinwiddie 2. Huguenot 3. Varina 4. King George. HS/Varina and Dinwiddie/Mataoca will decide this region’s playoff fate.

You’re dammed if you do, damned if you don’t in this region. I wouldn’t want to be that 2 seed in this region. I think it’ll ultimately be 1. Dinwiddie 2. Huguenot 3. Varina 4. King George. HS/Varina and Dinwiddie/Mataoca will decide this region’s playoff fate.
Preach @BoKnowsSports! Being a top four seed only guarantees one home game.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Caroline having their best season in over a decade and still might miss out on the playoffs. Just a brutal region, no real room for error at all
I mentioned it in my preview for the week... Caroline 5-2 fighting for a spot in the playoffs and Colonial Heights 2-5 and as of this week they have a home game in the Region 3A playoffs.

I mentioned it in my preview for the week... Caroline 5-2 fighting for a spot in the playoffs and Colonial Heights 2-5 and as of this week they have a home game in the Region 3A playoffs.
Colonial Heights beating Caroline tonight (22-21) probably takes Caroline out of the playoff hunt. They will probably finish 6-4 which is a good season, but won't be good enough to make the playoffs in 4B.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
Colonial Heights beating Caroline tonight (22-21) probably takes Caroline out of the playoff hunt. They will probably finish 6-4 which is a good season, but won't be good enough to make the playoffs in 4B.
Not so fast, m-squared. Hanover and Monacan lost tonight. EV lost as well, but I doubt that will have any affect on Caroline.

If Caroline can beat Courtland next week, that will almost lock them in as long as they beat JM in the final game, which they easily should.

Hanover will definitely earn more points for losing to HSHS than Caroline will earn for beating JM. Not sure what Freeman's record is or what class they are. I don't think Caroline will beat Courtland.
If Hanover loses to Springs they will get 14 points plus 6-7 rider points. If they lose to Freeman they will get 12 plus 7 rider points.

If Caroline beats JM they will get 22 points plus 4-6 rider points. A win against Courtland will get them 22 plus 12-14 rider points. A loss gets them 10 points plus 6-7 rider points.

If Caroline can beat JM and Hanover loses both they have a shot. Bad loss last night though. Colonial Heights helped Dinwiddie out with 2 unexpected rider points. Every point counts now.

Thanks BleedingNavy. So Caroline doesn't seem out of it yet, but they need to win out and get some help. Does that sound right? I've nothing against Caroline and I hope it doesn't sound like it. I lived in Caroline (Bowling Green) until I was 8. That was a long time ago (in the 60s). I still know a few folks there and have great memories. My dad coached and was AD at the old Caroline HS from '58-'69. In the late 80s/early 90s Caroline HS honored one of his teams and brought them out on the field. He and the gentlemen who played for him really enjoyed and appreciated it.

4B will be fun to watch and follow the next two weeks! Looks like some good teams will not get in. Have a good one!

I don't think anyone would think you have anything against any team or person. Good questions. Caroline has an outside and I mean outside shot. The teams at the back end must virtually win out to have a shot.

Reactions: m-squared
I tip my hat to your dad. There is no telling how many lives he changed by being a mentor and a coach.

In recent years at Dinwiddie we have been honoring a team from the past every year. Bleeding Navy along with several others have made these “reunions” a wonderful walk down memory lane. So we know what it meant to your dad.

I’ve had a fondness for Caroline ever since we first started playing them many years back. And this might sound silly to most people, but the very first time I ever went to Caroline, the people at the gate, and especially the ladies at the concession stand, were warm and friendly and made me a fan for life. Just that first impression was what set the tone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT