ADVERTISEMENT

Richlands @ Stuarts Draft

Assuming they still run the same offense they did against Union several years ago, Draft runs a tight double wing. This pic is exactly what I remember.

Yeah, they don't do that anymore. I remember watching either Essex or New Kent using that formation years ago. It was fun to watch. They never threw the ball once, but they had defenders chasing ghosts all night.

Reactions: Union_Fan
Actually, against Richlands and quite a bit against Appo, Union ran a standard T formation. Also known as a flat T, dead T, and full house backfield as there are no "wings."

We did run a pro-set and some of this( ) which is a modified spread/double wing.

I don't know what Battle ran against Richlands in the playoffs, but they ran a triple option all year and against Union in the final regular season game.

Assuming they still run the same offense they did against Union several years ago, Draft runs a tight double wing. This pic is exactly what I remember.
Man UnionFan, you messed me up showing me that raiders film. I remember when my son played for Coach Smith, I would watch the games 5x. He locks it during the season and slim pickings to find tape on Raiders, LOL. YOU GOT ME HYPE!!!!! That D is FAAAaaaaast!!!! I seen #5 our RB Phil Fleshman coming off end going 0-60 FAST like he loves to do and getting knocked out the play. That boy has the fastest 1st and 2nd gears I have ever seen, lol. He is never on D unless we play single WIng style and T offenses (tight stuff). He played only on D last year during these games as well. When he was a sophomore and Junior, he played at CB full time and sprinkled him in at RB. He such a great kid! Love him to def! Let me stop going on a tangent about my boys, love em all.
Yall did run a lot of Dead T, I guess I was so focused on 82 being back there that I didnt watch wings when he was in backfield.

Last edited:
Yeah, they don't do that anymore. I remember watching either Essex or New Kent using that formation years ago. It was fun to watch. They never threw the ball once, but they had defenders chasing ghosts all night.

Little bit of both. Started it last year. The head coach that was here then is now assistant at Buffalo Gap

I remember the QB #14, I believe, in 2012 was a magician with that ball. You had no idea where it was at. Best fakes I've ever seen.

Reactions: obguthr
Man UnionFan, you messed me up showing me that raiders film. I remember when my son played for Coach Smith, I would watch the games 5x. He locks it during the season and slim pickings to find tape on Raiders, LOL. YOU GOT ME HYPE!!!!! That D is FAAAaaaaast!!!! I seen #5 our RB Phil Fleshman coming off end going 0-60 FAST like he loves to do and getting knocked out the play. That boy has the fastest 1st and 2nd gears I have ever seen, lol. He is never on D unless we play single WIng style and T offenses (tight stuff). He played only on D last year during these games as well. When he was a sophomore and Junior, he played at CB full time and sprinkled him in at RB. He such a great kid! Love him to def! Let me stop going on a tangent about my boys, love em all.
Yall did run a lot of Dead T, I guess I was so focused on 82 being back there that I didnt watch wings when he was in backfield.
Union is the same way. They usually open it back up once the season is over and then close it when the next one begins.

I'm like you though, love to watch it over and over.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Yes. And Staunton and Waynesboro close too. The little league program, the Augusta County Quarterback Club is those 7 and Nelson County joined this year
glad to hear Nelson joined, their youth program has been down for awhile. I know they are trying to put some life back in their football program I hope they can as they had some good teams back in my day many years ago.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I have a lot of respect for Draft, but I'll be pulling for my SWVA brethren.

Good Luck Richlands! Hope it's a great game and everyone comes out injury free.
You just like me Union Fan, if we cant win it I want that 434 or someone in Central VA to win it. That goes for all 1A all the way to 5A. Yall know Halifax is 5A right? LOL, yep if they get there, i will root for them too.

Congratulations Richlands! It was a great game to listen to on the radio, so I can only imagine how exciting it was in person.

Going to try my best to come up to Salem and cheer you on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT