ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond HSA has released FB coach.

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
R-400.png

Per source, Richmond High School for the Arts, formerly George Wythe, has released Jimmy Hart as Head Football Coach!
They join Glen Allen, Manchester and Douglas Freeman as schools with coaching vacancies.

He posted on his facebook page he was fired from both his head coaching job and his teaching position. Odd.

Edit; he was only relieved of his coaching position. It was a typo on his behalf that he was fired from both.

Last edited:
He posted on his facebook page he was fired from both his head coaching job and his teaching position. Odd.
That is odd that he got fired from both but I can understand the coaching thing. When you got Huguenot, Armstrong and TJ having the seasons they had and you cannot even win one game, the pressure gets turned up. Hart had been there since 2019 without much to show for.

Of course we all know how hard it is to coach, that program has been on hard times for far too long.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
They are in a district that is too tough for them they should go to the Jefferson district that way they could win 2 or 3 games a season instead of going winless for too long of a time.

That is odd that he got fired from both but I can understand the coaching thing. When you got Huguenot, Armstrong and TJ having the seasons they had and you cannot even win one game, the pressure gets turned up. Hart had been there since 2019 without much to show for.

Of course we all know how hard it is to coach, that program has been on hard times for far too long.
Yep! I meant it was odd that he got fired from both. I can’t blame them for wanting a new culture going into the new school. Wythe looked really really bad and fwiw, they don’t have bad athletes. Doesn’t help they play that loaded schedule but even MBK & Tucker has progressed tremendously and Wythe hasn’t.

They are in a district that is too tough for them they should go to the Jefferson district that way they could win 2 or 3 games a season instead of going winless for too long of a time.
I don't think changing a district is warranted but a change in schedule surely is.

Armstrong remains in the Capital but plays other schools outside their district.

John Marshall remains in the Colonial but has modified their schedule to play teams similar in size and the same can be said for TJ.

you are a one hit wonder - they not changing districts and don't have to.
the fact that he was fired as a teacher speaks volumes. I don't know - but suspects there is more that has nothing to do with coaching or teaching.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Ok but when a school since 2004 goes 5 wins and 181 losses it’s time to go to a classification where you belong instead of playing up against competition that is out of your league. Look up their record since 2004 on four seasons football.

He got fired as a teacher mid-year? Yeah…the coaching change was secondary to whatever was going on there.
That’s what caught my attention. A mid year termination is pretty unusual. But, Bo said that HE posted it on his Facebook page, which I find unusual if he had done anything embarrassing.

You know guys, I’m not sure there are many head coaching jobs tougher and with more challenges than RHS, (old Wythe). I hold those kids that come out and play in the highest regard. That takes a lot of guts and determination.

Ok but when a school since 2004 goes 5 wins and 181 losses it’s time to go to a classification where you belong instead of playing up against competition that is out of your league. Look up their record since 2004 on four seasons football.
They are playing where they are assigned by the VHSL... Class 4. Previously they were Class 3. The problem isn't class or district, it's the schedule. Other teams are going outside their schedule and so too should the Bulldogs.

I would imagine the top dominion district schools wouldn't have a problem dropping RHS. I'm assuming since they still work as an actual district they would have to agree/vote on it.

this obvious just about football and not a reason to change districts. RHSA is also 40% Latino and so excels in a diff brand of football.

He just clarified that he was only relieved of his coaching position. It was a typo on his behalf.

Wythe is probably the hardest job in the state. You’re dealing with so many factors. I know Hart, he’s really good people and did a lot for those kids outside of football so I’m glad he didn’t lose his job in the school.

He just clarified that he was only relieved of his coaching position. It was a typo on his behalf.

Wythe is probably the hardest job in the state. You’re dealing with so many factors. I know Hart, he’s really good people and did a lot for those kids outside of football so I’m glad he didn’t lose his job in the school.
same here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT