ADVERTISEMENT

Ridgeview vs Graham

Gridiron1960

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 23, 2019
Bluefield VA
These two have never played during the regular season or post season. They may have scrimmaged once or twice. Graham was strong on the line both ways against Union. Graham’s offense has many options and defense seems to be clicking on all cylinders. Ridgeview has a really good freshman QB that can sling it up. Beavers is a definite threat. Kid is a talent. I admittedly don’t know much about Ridgeview other than they beat Central, a very good team twice and gave Bluefield a fit.

I believe for Ridgeview to win someone other than Beavers will have to have a great game. Its possible as no. 5 is a good receiver too. I think thats his number. Bradshaw plays safety on defense right? Id say they'll have Beavers double teamed all game with one of those being Bradshaw. Gonna be tough to get open for him.

What I've seen of their running game, i dont think they can do it by running. I would assume they'll use a lot of screens. Just can't see them pulling it out. However, Ridgeview reminds me of Richlands a few years back when they had a great passing game but not that good of a running game and Graham struggled with that. Of course i know this is a completely different team. But you know how some things like that are just like a curse. But Richlands was loaded with receivers usually. Not sure Ridgeview is that deep.

Ill go with Graham by a couple scores.

I watched Graham in NFHS. They look eary similar to 2018. Incredible depth on the line of scrimmage seemingly rotating in 2, sometimes 3 different lineman on defense series after series. It's not been talked about much, and I love Appos Lawing and Glenvars QB, and the QBs for Nottoway and King William are electric, and Ridgeviews freshman is going to be future Div 1, and our QB at Radford is very good, but the best Class 2 QB in the state of Virginia might actually reside in Bluefield.

Graham is far, far more than their lineplay with Meadows and athletic Bradshaw, their QB is unbelievable in the air and on the ground and a vicious hitter on defense. He reminds me a bunch of Appos Lawing in how he can take a game over. Grahams QB is the glue. He's largely been untalked about outside of SWVA. His play will be key, if Graham and Appo advance, in deciding the Graham and Appo outcome. Again, that's if both advance. Ridgeview and Glenvar are both coming into the games to win, not to compete.

One other thing on Graham that I heard. Graham has a lot more in the tank coming up in future talent. Former NFL star Ahmad Bradshaw has another son in middle school that is supposed to be electric. Former UVA linebacker and NFL linebacker Yubrenal Isabelle (New England Patriots) has a son who is a freshmen at Graham, and Grahams Head Coach, Tony Palmer was an All State player on the Graham of 1989 title team, and Tony played a year at North Greenville in college, and he has a son in middle school who I understand is also going to be special.

It looks like Graham's string of Div 1 type players is far from over. Evidently lots of talent in the cubbard in Bluefield.

I believe for Ridgeview to win someone other than Beavers will have to have a great game. Its possible as no. 5 is a good receiver too. I think thats his number. Bradshaw plays safety on defense right? Id say they'll have Beavers double teamed all game with one of those being Bradshaw. Gonna be tough to get open for him.

What I've seen of their running game, i dont think they can do it by running. I would assume they'll use a lot of screens. Just can't see them pulling it out. However, Ridgeview reminds me of Richlands a few years back when they had a great passing game but not that good of a running game and Graham struggled with that. Of course i know this is a completely different team. But you know how some things like that are just like a curse. But Richlands was loaded with receivers usually. Not sure Ridgeview is that deep.

Ill go with Graham by a couple scores.
#13 Cannon Hill IMO was the MVP against Central. He made some stellar catches and ran the wildcat. He is going to burn Graham if they pay too much attention to Beavers. #5 will also make some plays if too much attention is paid to #7 and #13.

One other thing on Graham that I heard. Graham has a lot more in the tank coming up in future talent. Former NFL star Ahmad Bradshaw has another son in middle school that is supposed to be electric. Former UVA linebacker and NFL linebacker Yubrenal Isabelle (New England Patriots) has a son who is a freshmen at Graham, and Grahams Head Coach, Tony Palmer was an All State player on the Graham of 1989 title team, and Tony played a year at North Greenville in college, and he has a son in middle school who I understand is also going to be special.

It looks like Graham's string of Div 1 type players is far from over. Evidently lots of talent in the cubbard in Bluefield.
I believe Isabelle has another son in middle school and Tony has 2 sons in middle school also. Sophomore running back Clements will be one to watch as well as a freshman with the last name Edwards will be very good, brother of the All - state line backer from Graham a couple years back. Also, Defensive Lineman Omari Hill who is a freshman getting significant playing time as a freshman (like Meadows did when he was a freshman). Omari I'll be another lineman from Graham that will be on some recruiting lists. Graham looks to be solid for the next several years.

#13 Cannon Hill IMO was the MVP against Central. He made some stellar catches and ran the wildcat. He is going to burn Graham if they pay too much attention to Beavers. #5 will also make some plays if too much attention is paid to #7 and #13.
Graham has speed to burn in the secondary. We shall see

FWIW I played football at Ferrum Junior College with Big Nasty...Larry Rogers...one of the finest men I've ever known.

He went to Madison, along with a few others. I went to ETSU, with a few others.

Its not so much the speed....the kid is tall and makes circus catches. He makes the QB look better than he is.
If talking about Beavers, yes, he's tall and lean and makes circus catches, but he's alarmingly fast as well. How fast? Caught a ball two yards ahead of Sage Webb in the Richlands game and when he got to the goal line 60 yds later, he was two yards ahead of Sage Webb. Against Union, he caught a quick out pass at the line of scrimmage, made one studder step and went by Union's Jenkins like he was standing still and pulled away from the entire Union defense like they were standing still. He's legit D1 for sure.

Reactions: 19GHS87
If talking about Beavers, yes, he's tall and lean and makes circus catches, but he's alarmingly fast as well. How fast? Caught a ball two yards ahead of Sage Webb in the Richlands game and when he got to the goal line 60 yds later, he was two yards ahead of Sage Webb. Against Union, he caught a quick out pass at the line of scrimmage, made one studder step and went by Union's Jenkins like he was standing still and pulled away from the entire Union defense like they were standing still. He's legit D1 for sure.
I was referring to the #2 receiver 13 Cannon Hill. Put too much focus on Beavers and this kid will light you up.

Brody Meadows from Graham was named to First Team US Army All American. He will be inducted in Dallas on national signing day. That's a pretty elite accomplishment! Congratulations to him! Good luck Brody & the Graham Saturday! Bring home that Region D Championship! Go Gmen!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19GHS87 and Bo Bob
Brody Meadows from Graham was named to First Team US Army All American. He will be inducted in Dallas on national signing day. That's a pretty elite accomplishment! Congratulations to him! Good luck Brody & the Gramham Saturday! Bring home that Region D Championship! Go Gmen!
Well deserved accomplishment for that young man. Very talented ball player, also very good student. He will be an assett to UVA's football team.

No disrespect to Graham but dang it we want Ridgeview to win so Appo does not have to travel to get a butt whooping.

Why does graham stil have their starters in risking injury?
I was wondering the same thing, 3 of them had personal fouls. At risk of ejection, if they got another and possibly missing the next game. The QB was playing hurt and the RB, Clements got banged up toward the end of the game, hope they are good to go next Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT