ADVERTISEMENT

Ridgeview vs. Richlands FINALLY

swva_havok_fan

VaPreps Varsity
Feb 23, 2016
When it was first announced that Ridgeview would be a 2A school, my mouth salivated at the thought of an eventual matchup with Richlands on the gridiron. The folks in Blue Tornado nation would probably agree with this sentiment. Four years later, it's finally arrived. The young upstart Wolfpack will meet the Blues next week in the second round.

Who do you got?

When it was first announced that Ridgeview would be a 2A school, my mouth salivated at the thought of an eventual matchup with Richlands on the gridiron. The folks in Blue Tornado nation would probably agree with this sentiment. Four years later, it's finally arrived. The young upstart Wolfpack will meet the Blues next week in the second round.

Who do you got?
Will this be the first time they've played? Hard to believe if true.

Ridgeview should handle this year's version of the Blue Tornado. You never know come playoff time, however, one thing is for sure. Mance will have them prepared.

Reactions: swva_havok_fan
Will this be the first time they've played? Hard to believe if true.

Yes. Not only in football, but in ANY sport. Richlands was the only Region D team we hadn't faced in anything in the four year history of the school thus far. That will change next Friday night. I am excited.

Yes. Not only in football, but in ANY sport. Richlands was the only Region D team we hadn't faced in anything in the four year history of the school thus far. That will change next Friday night. I am excited.
That IS exciting. There should be a good crowd in Clintwood next week. Richlands travels well. Good luck to both teams. I'll be pulling for Mance and his Tornados though.

I don't see Richlands winning even being battle tested with their tough schedule. They just aren't up to par to compared to past years. Last year's record was worse but I believe they may have been better than this year. It is the playoffs and Mance is their coach so they may surprise me.

Reactions: 19GHS87
I wish Richlands luck next week. Last night was the first time I seen them play and with us dropping to 1a next I may not again. I I feel Richlands was probably the better team all around. Although I have to say that was one of the most painful games I have ever had to watch. Both teams struggled offensively, the game truly came down to who had the better special teams play.
I honestly thought that after watching film on us from last Friday that they would come out slinging it all over the field not all the screens that they threw. I don't think they went down field but maybe once. Is this how they been all year or was last night an anomaly?
Anyways congrats and good luck next week.

This game is being played on Saturday at 2:00.

Not as excited about this game anymore as the unexpected move from the normal Friday night affair at Ridgeview has me now missing this game on Saturday.

Guess I will have to hope for a win on Saturday and that the region championship game will be back on Friday or I will probably miss that one as well.

Reactions: eastspartan
Dang bud hate you gotta miss it. Work causing you to miss?

No sir. This season my girlfriend and I bought season tickets to East Tennessee State football. I knew going in that the final game of the season would be at home and could potentially conflict with a Ridgeview playoff game. I anticipated that final game for ETSU to be a "throwaway" game however in which there was nothing really to play for since the Bucs were picked to finish only ahead of VMI in the SoCon.

The Bucs season has been nothing short of remarkable. We are 8-2 (7-1 in the SoCon) going into the final regular season game vs. Samford. Win Saturday gives us the SoCon outright and a FCS playoff bid and playoff game at home. A loss and ETSU shares the SoCon with Wofford who will get the automatic FCS bid due to the head to head matchup, and ETSU would have to hope for an unlikely at large bid.

Every game the Bucs have played this year has come down to the final minute of the game or OT, except three (blowout loss to Tennessee, blowout win over Gardner Webb and 14 point loss to Wofford). Including an opening week win over D2 Mars Hill who is terrible, where we actually trailed in that game entering the fourth quarter. My girlfriend and I have decided that ETSU will be our first priority when the games mattered, so long story short, I will definitely miss this weekend and if ETSU wins Saturday, I very likely would miss next week's Ridgeview game as well, should they advance, unless it's back on Friday.

I’ll also miss this one.

Had plans to go to the season pass only night at Carowinds Winterfest for months now. And the last thing I want to do is upset the 4 yearbook old who already knows this weekend is the weekend to go.

Not happy at all.
Had to make a similar decision a while back. As a wise man(razor) we both know told me. Some things are more important than football.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT