ADVERTISEMENT

Riverbend 28 King George 14

Foxes will be fine. Powhatan, EV, Courtland and KG are playing for at least 1 home game come playoff time.

The Battlefield is shaking up to be a battle between Courtland, King George and EV. King George and Courtland have Culpeper and EV has Brook Point out of district left. Courtland should be 3-1, EV 2-2, and King George 2-2 ood. It all comes down to district play. Aside from an improved Caroline there isn't any district competition for any of these three teams. Even if all three teams split regular season games amongst each other I don't see a 3 loss Battlefield team getting a home playoff game. One of the above mentioned teams needs to win out to get a home game. If Varina finishes with 2 losses their power points will see them through. Same with a 1, 2, or 3 loss Dinwiddie, an undefeated or 1 loss Huguenot will all have the best shot at home games. Powhatans loss shocked me and I now see them with at least two more losses. Hanover's high power point district will help them if they can beat everybody not named Highland Springs and Varina. Going to be a fun watch in 4b.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
There are 8 teams in the Battlefield District (Courtland, Spotsy, Chancellor, James Monroe, King George, Caroline, Eastern View, and Culpeper). So each plays 7 district games and 3 out of district games.

There are 8 teams in the Battlefield District (Courtland, Spotsy, Chancellor, James Monroe, King George, Caroline, Eastern View, and Culpeper). So each plays 7 district games and 3 out of district games.
My bad. I didn't know Culpeper was in the Battlefield. So Courtland will be 2-1, King George 1-2, and EV 2-1 , 1-2 or 0-3 ood. Same scenario. Three good teams will go at it for a shot at a home playoff game.

Last edited:
Dang sure do @OCBoy. Thanks for the correction. North Stafford impressed us with their improvements. I believe EV will beat the Wolverines, but NS will put up a fight. Too much talent on the Cyclones sideline to see them losing all three of games. WR Butler, LB/TE Clatterbuck and QB Hull are all must see players.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
The Battlefield is shaking up to be a battle between Courtland, King George and EV. King George and Courtland have Culpeper and EV has Brook Point out of district left. Courtland should be 3-1, EV 2-2, and King George 2-2 ood. It all comes down to district play. Aside from an improved Caroline there isn't any district competition for any of these three teams. Even if all three teams split regular season games amongst each other I don't see a 3 loss Battlefield team getting a home playoff game. One of the above mentioned teams needs to win out to get a home game. If Varina finishes with 2 losses their power points will see them through. Same with a 1, 2, or 3 loss Dinwiddie, an undefeated or 1 loss Huguenot will all have the best shot at home games. Powhatans loss shocked me and I now see them with at least two more losses. Hanover's high power point district will help them if they can beat everybody not named Highland Springs and Varina. Going to be a fun watch in 4b.
I can understand why Courtland, KG, and EV are being discussed due to the last 2-3 years; but I wouldn't rule out Caroline. They are 3-0 (1-0 in the Battlefield and 2-0 OOD) and have the best running back in the Battlefield - Vladimir Joacin. He led the Battlefield in rushing last year and is leading the entire Fredericksburg area so far this year. The question will be how their defense will fair against KG, Courtland, and EV. If the first 3 games are any indication, Caroline will be able to score on them.

The other team with a winning record in the Battlefield is James Monroe (2-1 all OOD). I don't know that they will beat the top teams but they are improved and could win 3 games in the Battlefield (if everything goes right) and finish 5-5.

Have a good one!

I can understand why Courtland, KG, and EV are being discussed due to the last 2-3 years; but I wouldn't rule out Caroline. They are 3-0 (1-0 in the Battlefield and 2-0 OOD) and have the best running back in the Battlefield - Vladimir Joacin. He led the Battlefield in rushing last year and is leading the entire Fredericksburg area so far this year. The question will be how their defense will fair against KG, Courtland, and EV. If the first 3 games are any indication, Caroline will be able to score on them.

The other team with a winning record in the Battlefield is James Monroe (2-1 all OOD). I don't know that they will beat the top teams but they are improved and could win 3 games in the Battlefield (if everything goes right) and finish 5-5.

Have a good one!
There will not be any defense in the Battlefield. It will be who can out score who.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT