ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads Gladiators vs Bath County Chargers

TimWakefield

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 3, 2001
Big opportunity for both schools. I am not aware of Bath's history in volleyball, but I have heard this is the farthest Riverheads has ever made it.
This will make 3 state semi final games for RHS girls sports in the last 3 years. I know Carly Casto has been on all three teams, but not sure if any of the other ladies have.
Has anyone heard if there will be any radio coverage for this game Friday? Maybe the guys at 95.5 are looking for a double header with the football broadcast Friday night. Also, with the Girls Basketball the Newsleader had a live video feed set up.

The Match Up:
Anyone know anything about Bath?

Three consecutive final four appearances for the Lady Charger volleyball team. They made it to the state championship two years ago and lost in the semi's last year to the eventual state champion. Bath has a strong program so this match should be fun to watch.

Thanks for all this extra info. I had no idea that Bath was that experienced at this level. That might make them hungrier or give them a psychological advantage.

By the way, I know Altavista won in their half of the bracket, but who do they play on Friday?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT