ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads vs Galax

That’s what I said. Riverheads was the better team. The 34 pint avalanche was the deciding factor. We lost our composure and failed in assignments. And #10 Barnes did a hell of a job on #26. I saw #26 go backwards a few times.
Well it would be easy to go backwards when #10 is holding your pads...

• Haha
Reactions: MT FAN 91
I've been watching some of the film from yesterday and concentrated on the Barnes and younger Smiley match-up....I haven't watched all of it but from what I've seen so far I'm not seeing all the holds y'all are talking about. I'm seeing two damn good football players go at each other and from what I've seen so far most of it was pretty clean.

My biggest gripe yesterday with the officials was about something that for some reason has not even cropped up in high school football until about the last five years, and now that it has, we see it half a dozen times a year. I am referring to this annoying habit of the officials PICKING UP THE BALL and carrying it across the field or handing it from one to the other after a close play, and THEN deciding to measure for a first down!

That blows my mind. Surely it is Officiating 101 that after an obviously close run or pass, somebody spots the ball and not only leaves it where the hell it is, but I have even seen refs hold it down to make sure the wind doesn't alter it until they can measure. Am I right or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

The other things you guys are mentioning are going to be missed occasionally in any game because there are sooooooo many things to watch while the ball is in play. But the thing I am talking about is inexcusable to me because the ball is dead at that point and they only have that one issue (first down or not?) to focus on.

Does this happen all across the state or have we just been "lucky" to see it as many times as we have?
Lol yes against Holston they carried it all the across the field before they measured.

My biggest gripe yesterday with the officials was about something that for some reason has not even cropped up in high school football until about the last five years, and now that it has, we see it half a dozen times a year. I am referring to this annoying habit of the officials PICKING UP THE BALL and carrying it across the field or handing it from one to the other after a close play, and THEN deciding to measure for a first down!

That blows my mind. Surely it is Officiating 101 that after an obviously close run or pass, somebody spots the ball and not only leaves it where the hell it is, but I have even seen refs hold it down to make sure the wind doesn't alter it until they can measure. Am I right or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

The other things you guys are mentioning are going to be missed occasionally in any game because there are sooooooo many things to watch while the ball is in play. But the thing I am talking about is inexcusable to me because the ball is dead at that point and they only have that one issue (first down or not?) to focus on.

Does this happen all across the state or have we just been "lucky" to see it as many times as we have?
The best one of all yesterday was we were punting and as the ball was snapped we had a guy sprinting toward the line of scrimmage from the sideline and Galax had a guy running off the field and there was no flag.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
RH vs Galax is a potential classic rivalry these 2 are near this position year in and year out. They seemingly have the ability to at least make the semis every year. So that creates the possibility for these giants of 1A football meeting up for the prize of prizes each season more and more logical. Each have seen success against the other with RH holding the lead in the series so far and if memory serves it's usually by a sizeable margin. Galax's title victory over THE BIG RED MACHINE was a 1 point affair if I'm not mistaken. And that was an extremely good Maroon Tide team that's not to say this group isn't just that I don't think they are as good as that group. Now I know that was years ago and both are fielding totally new teams but there is just something about RH. The system is built to breed success it's made to be plug and play as long as the kids have the work ethic to achieve the goals set for them. And that doesn't seem to be a problem this team is like a fine wine they get better with age and so does the HOF Coach they have in the sideline. To me that and the level of competition they've played will make all of the difference in this one ( plus it doesn't hurt to be hosting the state title game at home) Galax only play one good team all year and I know I know "Of course that's who you think is the one good team Galax played" and you're correct Holston is that one team. FC was better than expected but still not good enough. GW was just not good we have some bright spots like our QB but we weren't good this year. Narrows is good but there are levels to good. And Holston was the only team at that next level. Who you play mekes you who you are and for Galax's sake they played the best team at the right point Holston made Galax better last week but I don't think it made them good enough to beat big red at home for it all. And I really hope I'm wrong here I don't think it'll be close

RH-56 Galax-21

Sorry for the really long post but I've missed you guy's. Feel free to rib away and serve up any crow I may have forgotten to eat.
Dude damn near hit the score again this year. For all the crap we have given him over the years, he is usually within a TD or two of the score. Not many can predict these games as well. I wouldn’t have given you a snowballs chance of being so close. Honestly thought if either team made it to 28, it would have been special.

Reactions: Bama1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT