ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Redd

DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
Took job at Jamestown HS great hire for a program that went 0-10 this season. From everything I gathered he is a very good coach.

Coached at Magna Vista, Monticello, and was the DB coach at VSU under Scott the last two seasons.

Great hire, tough job

Jamestown was 0-10 and scored 39 points all season this past year. Lost all but 1 game by 30+ points. Since 1999, they've had 3 winning seasons, with their best season being a 7-3 campaign in 2007 when they didn't make the playoffs. The school has always been a soccer powerhouse. The best football players in Williamsburg live in the Lafayette zone. Will be a tough job for Mr. Redd, I wish him the best as he is a quality coach. He'll get the best out of the boys but not sure that will be enough to be a competitive playoff team. Will be keeping an eye on them in the coming years to see how much progress is made.

Originally posted by DEVILSLB99:
Coached at Magna Vista, Monticello, and was the DB coach at VSU under Scott the last two seasons.
One correction - he was the defensive coordinator at Albemarle this past season having spent only one year at VSU.

He has head coaching experience at Fluvanna (2009) and Monticello (2011-2012), going 22-13 in those years including two playoff appearances at Monticello.

Ok thanks for clearing that up...I met him when we practiced at Monticello for the Stone Bridge game very cool guy and seemed very knowledgable. Jamestown is going to be a tough task for him however

http://www.catamountsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/redd_rodney00.html. The information from this link shows that Rodney Redd supposedly was to begin his first year on the Western Carolina coaching staff this past season. According to other posters and what I just saw on nbc29, he coached last year at Albemarle. I'm a little confused. Did he change from Western Carolina to Albermarle before the season started? Did he switch during the season? Does anyone know? I am just a little confused. I do know that he was at Virginia State during the 2013 football season. I wish Rodney Redd much success. Good guy.
This post was edited on 1/9 8:18 AM by lancerborn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT