ADVERTISEMENT

Running Clock in Big Stone Gap. Late 2nd, Graham 42, Union 0

You don't blow train horns during a play. Period. You don't have the band play during a play. Period. Yelling, stomping, cowbells, clapping...that's fine. Air horns and train horns are for after a touchdown or a big play. Not while the teams are lined up to hike the ball. I can't believe people have to be told this.

Go to Dara Ratliff on Facebook. She has a video clip posted from Richlands/Union game when Richlands is at LOS. It’s a public post. I don’t know how to share it on here. It’s exactly what went on most of the first half Friday night when Graham played Union. I love the sound of the train horn, it adds to the atmosphere at Bullitt Park. My only objection is blowing when the opposing team is lined up.

Go to Dara Ratliff on Facebook. She has a video clip posted from Richlands/Union game when Richlands is at LOS. It’s a public post. I don’t know how to share it on here. It’s exactly what went on most of the first half Friday night when Graham played Union. I love the sound of the train horn, it adds to the atmosphere at Bullitt Park. My only objection is blowing when the opposing team is lined up.

Look man, whatever beef you have with him is yours. Honest and integrity are things we as adults should all be examples if to our kids. Now, it's time to move on from this and realize the Graham Union game is over. Arguing on a message board isn't cool.. My bad, I see where the email sent to me was from Union-Hammer talking trash about BigWinners and I see the email you sent me saying you knew about it on Friday night. My bad, sorry for the confusion. Also, poor BigWinners, a message sent from a fellow comrade and another comrade knowing about the email by evidently, being in discussion according to the email you sent me. You did say Union Hammer told you.

You guys need to get a long.

LOL, bringing me up again. If you're so concered, why not share with me what was said? I know it wasn't Union_Fan, I know who it was

Reactions: Union_Fan
That for sure should not be allowed. One fan with that horn can swing a game in his teams favor.
Blow it all you want until they break the huddle but after that....
Well, it didn’t affect Graham. I thought it might have caused the offsides penalties we got but I talked to one of the assistants about the offsides penalties and the horn. He said it wasn’t the horn, it was all on themselves. No coaches are whining or complaining about it. Us bleacher coaches are the ones that take exception with it, lol. I still think blow it all you want just not when the opposing team has broken huddle and is at LOS. It truly does make the atmosphere at Bullitt Park exciting just use it reasonably.

Well, it didn’t affect Graham. I thought it might have caused the offsides penalties we got but I talked to one of the assistants about the offsides penalties and the horn. He said it wasn’t the horn, it was all on themselves. No coaches are whining or complaining about it. Us bleacher coaches are the ones that take exception with it, lol. I still think blow it all you want just not when the opposing team has broken huddle and is at LOS. It truly does make the atmosphere at Bullitt Park exciting just use it reasonably.

I love it but like you said when used correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT