ADVERTISEMENT

Rural Retreat @ George Wythe

Aug 4, 2015
This should be one of the best games this weekend. These two teams play each other like it's a playoff game ever time they meet. GW has had RR number for a long time now. Both teams are on winning streaks. GW has won their last 8 and RR has won I think 6 in a row. I hope that everything goes well for both teams. And that the refs let the kids play and let them deside the game. With that said I have to go with my maroon's. I think it will be close I think GW 28 RR 20. And I hope that everyone will be safe. As everyone that knows me I bleed maroon and gray. Go GW bring another HOGG title home.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
This game will be a war no doubt always is out of all the games I played for GW these games might have been my favorite to play in. And I couldn't agree more with you on letting the kids do there thing and decide the game. I hope its a very hard hitting and clean called game for both teams. This game is about so much to both community's than just a Football game it's bragging rights for a year, playoff seeding, HOGO title, confidence heading in to the playoffs and PRIDE! If your team isn't playing or they are in a boring game head to GW and watch 2 teams of warriors go at it this game will not disappoint and will be a steal of a ticket at $6 lol. Gotta go with MY MAOONS! GW-42 RR-28 with us pulling out late. Safe travels to all heading to any games. And good luck to MY MAROONS and to the Indians.

This matchup features two really good football programs in SWVA. GW has won State titles and Rural Retreat has gone deep into playoffs many times in the last two decades. It is hard to stop that veer offense that RR runs, as they just keep coming at you and wear you down, then start passing when you are tired. GW has skill and talent and mixes it very well to keep you off balance. Their size and skill is the equalizer, so I see GW taking this one with a second half surge. GW by 7.

Chilwar I haven't gotten the chance to see RR in person this season only on film. How does their line size compare to ours? From what I've seen and heard we will be a lot bigger.

Is this game being played Friday or Saturday? The master schedule had it as Saturday, and maxpreps did as well.

I really don't know man for man or position to position, but GW definitely has a size advantage. But RR is strong in the line, as their wrestlers have brought strength to their team. RR is not going to back down, even to a larger team. GW will need to relie on their speed and skill to make RR HAVE to make the plays. GW needs to stop RR on first down, put them in a lot of 3rd and long situations. It will be a good game. Turnovers may play a large part in the also. It's just hard not to go with GW in this one. Best of luck to both squads.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Fully agree this is going to be a good one I've said here and on HOGO that it will be a very close game late with us pulling away with size and speed in the 4th. And yeah RR got a really good boost when the wrestling team joined plus coach B is helping their line and the D a lot I hear that D is very strong.

Is this game being played Friday or Saturday? The master schedule had it as Saturday, and maxpreps did as well.
No it's definitely on Friday at 7pm at GW if you are heading up and want to set on either side in the stands I would get there early should be packed to the gills lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT