ADVERTISEMENT

Salem at Northside

SpartanOfYore

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 15, 2009
In just a couple of hours, the Spartans and Vikings will clash on the gridiron for the 47th time. Along with Blacksburg, Northside is one of two opponents that Salem has faced every year since the school opened.

Any last-second thoughts on this one? Salem, coming off an open week, needs to show continued improvement on both the offensive line, and especially on special teams. Northside needs to try to find a higher gear on offense, and stamp themselves as legitimate contenders in Class 3 Region D.

In just a couple of hours, the Spartans and Vikings will clash on the gridiron for the 47th time. Along with Blacksburg, Northside is one of two opponents that Salem has faced every year since the school opened.

Any last-second thoughts on this one? Salem, coming off an open week, needs to show continued improvement on both the offensive line, and especially on special teams. Northside needs to try to find a higher gear on offense, and stamp themselves as legitimate contenders in Class 3 Region D.
I’ll get to take a big trip down memory lane tonight for sure! Lots of memories for me on that field as a former Viking player and student. I didn’t miss many games there from the time I was a student in the mid 90’s through 2016 when I lost my dad, who was probably an even bigger Viking fan than myself. Since then, I’ve become quite the Spartan fan, since we live within the city limits and my kids are enrolled in the system. I’m probably one of the few Roanoke County alumni who has “crossed the fence” and cheers for the Spartans now. There are other reasons for that, but I still wish Northside well and hope the game is injury free. I think you’re right about the goals for each squad tonight. I’ll really be interested to see the progress in Salem’s O Line. Also, I am excited to see the Viking’s freshman QB go to work. Looking forward to a great game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT