ADVERTISEMENT

Salem High School Volleyball

Sep 20, 2008
I have been around volleybal for quite some time now. Never, in all my life, have I witnessed a group of girls with such foul mouths and disrespect for their coach(es). For the past few years I have watched coaches and refs allow the girls from Salem to cuss, threaten, roll their eyes, and act just plain ridiculous. As a parent/coach/fan, I am sick of it. I hate to sit in the stands and watch these "ladies" play volleyball. Last year, if the SHS volleyball team had had good attitudes, they would've won the state championship easily. However, these girls are too busy cussing and throwing tantrums like I have never seen. Ridiculous! Refs, school board, or coaches... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. It is truly embarrassing to YOUR school.

Does anyone else agree with me?

I have a daughter that plays volleyball for Salem. Unfortunalty I cannot disagree with NRVCOACH. I can assure you however that the majority of Salem players are fine young ladies who respect the sport, team, coaches and school. The coaching staff, both last year and now, do take actions to attempt to stop the behavior. It has been my expiernce that the actions of most kids come from the fact that it is tollerated and in some cases encouraged by parents. As in every walk of life, the actions of a few people with extremely poor attitudes reflect badly on all. Please don't paint all Salem Players with the same brush, most are excellent young ladies.

I agree that not all players on Salem's volleyball team have bad attitudes. Some of the players really do want to work hard and improve a struggling team. Some of the players could care less if they play, win, or make a complete joke of themselves on the court. The new coach is taking steps to toss some bad apples, which I give credit to her for that. Salem fans need to be patient with the new coaching staff, they are totally rebuilding a program, not just a team. The current coaching staff is also eliminating players with bad attitudes, and sportsmanship. I commend them for this and in time Salem will be back at the top of the RRD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT