ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Indoor Track Football Players

Very impressive. I have been trying to post the screenshot of the time and ranking but it's so hard to post images on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Daron Wilson

Very impressive. I have been trying to post the screenshot of the time and ranking but it's so hard to post images on here.

Not mine but will repost what I was sent.

OXYnQ3j.jpg

Everyone but Wilson returns next year (Persinger will be a junior). I'm a bit bummed we only get Persinger as TB1 for a year, you can tell he's special. Hope they can find a way to integrate him into the offense next year, he's too good to just be a DB. He'll be a star in two years when he's got the spot for himself but that's a bit down the road.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Not mine but will repost what I was sent.

OXYnQ3j.jpg

Everyone but Wilson returns next year (Persinger will be a junior). I'm a bit bummed we only get Persinger as TB1 for a year, you can tell he's special. Hope they can find a way to integrate him into the offense next year, he's too good to just be a DB. He'll be a star in two years when he's got the spot for himself but that's a bit down the road.
Wilson & Vernon graduate this year.

Reactions: MaroonDude
Wilson & Vernon graduate this year.

Is Vernon graduating early somehow? Because he was always on the roster as a junior last year and this year's updated roster has him as a senior. I suppose the roster could always be wrong but checking it, it'd have been wrong for three seasons in a row.

Is Vernon graduating early somehow? Because he was always on the roster as a junior last year and this year's updated roster has him as a senior. I suppose the roster could always be wrong but checking it, it'd have been wrong for three seasons in a row.
His Twitter page bio has 2023 listed.

Really? Everybody knows Salem reclassifies kids. Just kidding Spartan faithful. I simply wanted to send some light hearted humor @mike salem way. Have a blessed day.

Salem's 4x200 Relay has now run even faster posting a time of 1:27.97 back on Jan 28th. This ranks 8th all time in Virginia and currently #5 in the US

Lewis (Jr) and Persinger (Soph) from Salem are number 1 and 2 in Virginia in the 55m. That is regardless of school classification or grade. Lewis is 3rd in the entire country among juniors and Persinger is 2nd in the country among sophomores.

Lewis (Jr) and Persinger (Soph) from Salem are number 1 and 2 in Virginia in the 55m. That is regardless of school classification or grade. Lewis is 3rd in the entire country among juniors and Persinger is 2nd in the country among sophomores.
Both are very quick but the 55 rankings are a little misleading with not everyone running the 55m. Most will run the 60m which Lewis ranks tied for 23rd out of juniors and Persinger ranks tied for 13th out of sophomores.

Aint no indoor track in in some states that traditionally have some fast dudes.......FWIW

Both are very quick but the 55 rankings are a little misleading with not everyone running the 55m. Most will run the 60m which Lewis ranks tied for 23rd out of juniors and Persinger ranks tied for 13th out of sophomores.
That is a bit misleading as they have both only run the 60m one time this year and it was early in the indoor season. If they ran it again and improved by the same margin that they have have in the 55m they would be much higher on the lists.

That is a bit misleading as they have both only run the 60m one time this year and it was early in the indoor season. If they ran it again and improved by the same margin that they have have in the 55m they would be much higher on the lists.
True they have only run the 60 once this year and will not again until they run at nationals assuming they choose to attend. With that being said in the 60 they ran they were clocked at 6.44 and 6.49 in the 55m. They are both peaking at the right time as post season is starting. Hopefully they can run well and break into the top 50 all time in VA for the 55 in regions and states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT