ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs. Cave Spring

Nov 12, 2019
With Salem coming off a bye week I hope the coaching staff has spent the time clearing up the issues with the defense. I know Cave Spring has not performed well this year to this point but they still kinda worry me with how many points the Spartan defense gave up against at the time winless Pulaski County. I’m not so sure that this game for the Spartans tommorow is a gimme unless the defense has made strides of improvement during the bye week. I believe Salem should win. The Spartans will likely need to win out to have a shot at at least one home playoff game.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
With Salem coming off a bye week I hope the coaching staff has spent the time clearing up the issues with the defense. I know Cave Spring has not performed well this year to this point but they still kinda worry me with how many points the Spartan defense gave up against at the time winless Pulaski County. I’m not so sure that this game for the Spartans tommorow is a gimme unless the defense has made strides of improvement during the bye week. I believe Salem should win. The Spartans will likely need to win out to have a shot at at least one home playoff game.
I don’t think you need to worry. Salem coaching staff are masters of fixing holes. They always show improvement near years end, and this year will be no different. They will easily beat CS. Christiansburg will put up a fight, but it will just give the Spartans incentive. And Blacksburg will be a blowout.

But after that, things will get tricky. Their first round game will most likely be Mecklenburg, Sherando, or Handley, and none of them are going to be easy outs.

I don’t think you need to worry. Salem coaching staff are masters of fixing holes. They always show improvement near years end, and this year will be no different. They will easily beat CS. Christiansburg will put up a fight, but it will just give the Spartans incentive. And Blacksburg will be a blowout.

But after that, things will get tricky. Their first round game will most likely be Mecklenburg, Sherando, or Handley, and none of them are going to be easy outs.
I agree. I thank of the 3 remaining opponents, C'Burg is the one that could give them trouble. It'll be interesting to see if after the bye week,
the defense shows improvement. I have my doubts, but we'll see.

I’m not trying to start anything I just wanted to make sure I didn’t come off any kind of way where I wasn’t into the sport.

Fair enough, didn't realize you weren't into the sport. Mea culpa.

Just go to the game and enjoy, they're gonna be fine. Nobody left is capable of beating this team in a shootout. Even in some early back-and-forths with FC, NS, and PC those teams all eventually faltered and that was all she wrote. The whole board is underestimating the offense versus what's happening with the defense right now.

Fair enough, didn't realize you weren't into the sport. Mea culpa.

Just go to the game and enjoy, they're gonna be fine. Nobody left is capable of beating this team in a shootout. Even in some early back-and-forths with FC, NS, and PC those teams all eventually faltered and that was all she wrote. The whole board is underestimating the offense versus what's happening with the defense right now.
I’m into the sport. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding. When I say this I don’t mean to come off rude or anything. It just seems like there may have been some misunderstanding as to me not being into the sport.

I’m into the sport. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding. When I say this I don’t mean to come off rude or anything. It just seems like there may have been some misunderstanding as to me not being into the sport.
@MrSalem1000, we (@DinwiddieProud and me) were talking about you and your post today. Don't worry about what people think. You are very respectful and bring a fresh approach to the board. Keep it up and thanks for your insight.

Just looking at points and the schedule, I think Salem will probably be anywhere from a 2-5 seed, more than likely a 3 or 4. If they are a 4 seed, they'd probably face the loser of the Sherando/Handley game, in the 1st round. If they are a 3 seed, I would expect a 1st round matchup with Orange Co or Amherst Co. These are just my hunches from perusing the points and the remaining schedule. Obviously, I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedingNavy
@MrSalem1000, we (@DinwiddieProud and me) were talking about you and your post today. Don't worry about what people think. You are very respectful and bring a fresh approach to the board. Keep it up and thanks for your insight.
Thanks man. Best of luck to you guys against Prince George tommorow. Hope Harry can break the record tommorow. He seems like a special human being from watching the video on that one post.

@MrSalem1000, he is a special player. Hope Coach turns him loose this week. I really wanted to see Harry play against the Spartans; however, unless something miraculous happens I will not get to see that. Your boys are going to win big this week.

The joke was that the GOOD Lord isn't into football. Dang....

JV won 63-7.

Several JV Defenders could get brought up to help bolster the Varsity squad after this performance.

I hope to see Crush Block tomorrow.

I will do a max points for the region this weekend after tonight's games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT