ADVERTISEMENT

School enrollment

hawknation92

VaPreps Varsity
Dec 16, 2005
Was looking at an article in Richmond Times from week ago. Wondered if it would get mentioned but article says over 40,000 students switched to home schooling, biggest number by far in one year. That results in 13 million dollars less money as it is based on attendance. Haven't seen any numbers since Vhsl reference hasn't updated since 2019. At that time Gretna only had 510 enrolled. Down from 710 in 2004. I have heard we down to 450 at most now as alot here switched to home schooling. This could have big effect on divisions. It is rumored Gretna could be dropping to D1 if them numbers don't get better.

Reactions: oldfool2
Was looking at an article in Richmond Times from week ago. Wondered if it would get mentioned but article says over 40,000 students switched to home schooling, biggest number by far in one year. That results in 13 million dollars less money as it is based on attendance. Haven't seen any numbers since Vhsl reference hasn't updated since 2019. At that time Gretna only had 510 enrolled. Down from 710 in 2004. I have heard we down to 450 at most now as alot here switched to home schooling. This could have big effect on divisions. It is rumored Gretna could be dropping to D1 if them numbers don't get better.
I talked to someone at Gretna. They're at about 550 now. They won't be dropping down anytime soon. With industry coming in to the industrial park and hopefully in the future, I don't think they'll crater like some think. Even if they did, PCS would rezone and give them more of the northern Chatham students and give Chatham some of the eastern Tunstall students.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT