ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreless On The Season

rainman17

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 24, 2012
It’s a lowlight that I’m bringing up but wondering how many teams in Virginia have went an entire season without scoring a point? Or a touchdown?

I did some research and it showed that only 3 teams have completed this feat. 2003 , 2004 , 2013 the reference site didn’t have info post COVID.

Liberty(Bedford) is currently running the risk of finishing the season this way. They’ve had a challenging set of hurdles to overcome but this is the wrong side of history to be apart of.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CHUKNOW
The reality is Liberty appealed to play in a class 1/2 district which is where the numbers of their school represent. The dogwood denied it , their team is comprised primarily of JV caliber players as they didn’t field a JV team this year. I’m glad to hear that they did score and didn’t end up on that end of history. It’s hard to win when the deck is stacked against you for those who know but small victories set the stage for larger ones

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
The reality is Liberty appealed to play in a class 1/2 district which is where the numbers of their school represent. The dogwood denied it , their team is comprised primarily of JV caliber players as they didn’t field a JV team this year. I’m glad to hear that they did score and didn’t end up on that end of history. It’s hard to win when the deck is stacked against you for those who know but small victories set the stage for larger ones

When you look at the size of them and see their schedule, it makes a lot more sense. Their schedule is obscenely difficult and arguably pound-for-pound perhaps the most difficult in the entire state. Between the schedule and the roster issues, it was a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: rainman17
When you look at the size of them and see their schedule, it makes a lot more sense. Their schedule is obscenely difficult and arguably pound-for-pound perhaps the most difficult in the entire state. Between the schedule and the roster issues, it was a recipe for disaster.

Indeed it was a recipe that’s not putting their HC in a winning situation. Talent exiting their doors due to open enrollment, dwindling numbers in a locale which isn’t booming with business or growth, and then playing in the Seminole weekly which is a gritty and rough district, and to top it all off the roster is JV talent level heavy, so kids who normally would be developed are thrown into a fire they knew would engulf them. A situation like this makes it hard for players to want to come out and play moving forward. There’s not much silver lining to hit other than it’s over.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT