ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage/benefit game tonight

Graham, Glenvar, & Gate City are scrimmaging now in Bluefield. 2 Quarters each.

Graham 27
Glenvar 0 - Final

Gate City 7
Glenvar 6 - 9 mins to go in the last qt

Yeah LCA was up 27-0 in the half of football against William Campbell
Then in the second half, LCA was up 16-0 on RH and they quit and called the game 5 minutes into the half.

Yeah LCA was up 27-0 in the half of football against William Campbell
Then in the second half, LCA was up 16-0 on RH and they quit and called the game 5 minutes into the half.
oh my? is this a LCA poster? you are a first for my eyes to see. Be prepared, this board is no holds barred towards LCA. lol

27-0 vs WC? that surprising? they must have a drop off of talent this year.

Wc doesn't have the numbers, I think like less than 30 kids for Jv and varsity. But there is some talent on the team and they have a really good coach so in 1A they will be fine. They did well against RH in their second half of the game

Graham is LOADED, not sure how it will translate over the season, but they have some really good skill players.

RH beat WC 14-12. WC appears not to have a PAT kicker. They went for 2 after both TDs. RH looked improved from last season. They have 2 speedy backs. If WC can develop a passing game, they should be ok. QB has good arm.

I thought refs called 2 bogus holding calls, both 30 yards from the ball.

oh my? is this a LCA poster? you are a first for my eyes to see. Be prepared, this board is no holds barred towards LCA. lol

27-0 vs WC? that surprising? they must have a drop off of talent this year.

Not everyone on here is against LCA. I hope LCA goes undefeated.

Graham is LOADED, not sure how it will translate over the season, but they have some really good skill players.
I agree. Bluefield, WV is loaded this season as well. If Graham keeps it close or beats Bluefield on friday, watch out for them this year. Can't wait for Friday. Issue at Graham has been defense the past few years. Defense has been very fast and aggressive thus far for Graham in the preseason. We'll see come friday, Bluefield has two of the fastest backs in the state of WV in their backfield and a beast of a fullback.
For Graham...Jamorya Cousin can take it to the house on any play and Taymon Cooke is wide open it seems every time they pass the ball, several sophomores and juniors with tremendous speed and talent, too.

Giles was beating Bluefield Beavers 35-17 with about 6 min left in 4th.
Bluefield folks were saying their line was suspect this year? It appears that may be the case. Was Giles winning the line of scrimmage? Also, Heard that Collier for Bluefield was hurt, anyone know the severity of that. That is a big blow for Bluefield if he is out for any amount of time.

Bluefield folks were saying their line was suspect this year? It appears that may be the case. Was Giles winning the line of scrimmage? Also, Heard that Collier for Bluefield was hurt, anyone know the severity of that. That is a big blow for Bluefield if he is out for any amount of time.
Wasn't at the game but was getting posts on Facebook with score updates. Haven't heard the report but based on what two of the Giles coaches told me they didn't expect to hold their own against Bluefield. But I don't think I've ever heard them say they thought they were going to be good. It's usually something like "we'll be lucky to win a few games".

Jusy FYI, we dont try to defend the Wing T/single wing when we go to Riverheads. we are getting ready for BATTLE OF THE AXE RIVALRY game vs Buckingham. this is our 4th year in this jamboree and Riverheads gives it to us. last year they beat us by 1 TD. We dominate rest of the teams though. Got mad respect for Riverheads throughout the years and surprised they didnt win states last yr.

Richlands beat Honaker 65-21. Reigning 2A POY Asbury went 10/11 for 250+ yards and 4 TD. Starters had 6 drives and had 6 TD in 20 plays. Pulled the starters with something like 7 minutes left in the 1st half. And two WR (Ball and Collins) didn't play tonight. This offense will be just as good as last year, if not better.

Not sure we will find out much at Gate City next week. They are down and their QB has a high ankle sprain and may not play against us.

Week two when Union comes to town and week 3 when we head to Graham are the early tests.

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
Giles looked much better tonight then last week. Bluefield has three of the best backs I have seen in a long time but I thought their offensive and defensive lines were pretty weak. After watching Graham yesterday I think they beat Bluefield next week. I do think it will be a high scoring game. I liked the improvements I seen from first scrimmage to second for Giles. Still a lot of work to do.

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT