Scrimmage Schedules

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Graham @ Glenvar: Thursday, August 15th @ 6:00
Graham @ Cave Spring, GreenBriar East (WV): Thursday, August 22nd @ 6:00

Reactions: Region C Fan
Union -

AUG-15 @ Elizabethton, TN – Scrimmage (Thursday)
AUG-23 Home - Virginia High – Benefit Game

Not certain on times, but most likely 6 pm for Elizabethton and 7 pm for Va High.

Reactions: V-Cats
August 16th
Grayson vs Radford TBA
Aug.17th
pikeview(WV), Narrows, Fort Chiswell, Carroll Co. @ Narrows
august 23rd
Radford @ Pulaski
John Battle @ Fort Chiswell

Last edited:
Why did Clarke change over to Bermuda?
I'm guessing because the field gets pretty torn up and Bermuda is a more durable grass. I'm not on the inside, so I don't have firsthand knowledge, but that would be my best guess. We have a lot of clay in our soil, and someone vandalized the field about 2 years ago and they were having trouble growing the grass back in those spots. I personally think it needs to be overhauled, specifically dug up and a foot of topsoil installed, but I really don't want artificial turf.

Reactions: BullRunFootball
Dogwood District Football Scrimmages

Altavista – First scrimmage - ???; 8/23 Home vs. Randolph-Henry

Appomattox – 8/16 at Liberty-Bedford; 8/23 at LCA (Benefit Game)

Chatham – 8/16 vs. Bluestone at Averett University; 8/23 at Patrick County (Benefit Game)

Dan River – 8/17 at LCA (10AM); 8/23 Home vs. GW-Danville (Benefit Game)

Gretna – 8/16 Home vs. Martinsville & Staunton River; 8/22 Home vs. Brookville

Nelson County – 8/16 Jamboree at Cumberland (w/ Essex, George Wythe-Richmond, Surry, & Windsor); 8/22 – Jamboree with Stonewall Jackson (Quicksburg) and Pendelton Co. (WV)

William Campbell – 8/16 at Rustburg; 8/23 at Prince Edward County

I'm guessing because the field gets pretty torn up and Bermuda is a more durable grass. I'm not on the inside, so I don't have firsthand knowledge, but that would be my best guess. We have a lot of clay in our soil, and someone vandalized the field about 2 years ago and they were having trouble growing the grass back in those spots. I personally think it needs to be overhauled, specifically dug up and a foot of topsoil installed, but I really don't want artificial turf.

From what I've been told it's been since the stadium was built that the field had an overhaul. After graduation in the spring it was done. A crown was put back and it was graded. Bermuda was sprigged. The field was in bad shape if you have come to any football and/or soccer games the past few years. I'm glad to see this was done as Clarke should have great outdoor playing facilities to match the gym etc. If you ride by the stadium you can see massive upgrades around. Looks very very nice

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Graham vs Glenvar moved to Christiansburg High at 7pm August 15th. Glenvar field not yet complete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT