ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole coach status

jfcav1

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 14, 2014
Any update on JF and surrounding in regards to staff hired and/or staff staying at the schools? Amherst?

I've heard the same @Vol...in my opinion Landis is guaranteed...Grove is just speculation. Xmas needs Grove though.

Grove is staying. Landis and Smith are going.

Anyone would love to have Grove. As great of a player as he was he is even a better coach. Great motivator and the kids love him.

Reactions: VolNation85
As in I heard that from someone in the know. He is taking his kids out of Forest and is enrolling them in LCA. Through that process he was approached. Have no idea if he’ll do it but do know at the least that they have talked and he wasn’t totally opposed. Coach Grove initially did talk about going to Amherst with Christmas - they have been and remain extremely close- but decided he didn’t want to commit to driving an hour to and from work everyday.

Reactions: VolNation85
As in I heard that from someone in the know. He is taking his kids out of Forest and is enrolling them in LCA. Through that process he was approached. Have no idea if he’ll do it but do know at the least that they have talked and he wasn’t totally opposed. Coach Grove initially did talk about going to Amherst with Christmas - they have been and remain extremely close- but decided he didn’t want to commit to driving an hour to and from work everyday.
It might be more to the LCA thing than JF fans want to admit. I know your kids have to attend LCA if you are employed with them. Maybe him enrolling his kids there is a sign. It’s a big coincidence that he decided to enroll them at LCA at the time when the JF coaching situation wasn’t clear and the same time LCA is “unofficially” looking for a future coach.

Reactions: mike salem
Nothing new? I feel like these staffs should be finalized by now or at least close to it.

Nothing new? I feel like these staffs should be finalized by now or at least close to it.

nope not at all, young cav1. Patience is a virtue. Why rush such an important decision? Staff chemisty is of the utmost importance. Gotta get it right....

With the exception of Landis and Smith, the rest of the staff stays (including Grove). There are a couple new additions that are yet to be made public.

Grove? Dang you have a serious inside scoop then because he has made the comment multiple times since returning from his most recent fishing trip that he is not coaching anywhere next year. I have heard that he is willing to clinic with teams but not be a full time member of a staff. Not saying you're wrong just saying that that is not what I've heard.

Grove? Dang you have a serious inside scoop then because he has made the comment multiple times since returning from his most recent fishing trip that he is not coaching anywhere next year. I have heard that he is willing to clinic with teams but not be a full time member of a staff. Not saying you're wrong just saying that that is not what I've heard.

He will be tapering back on his coaching but will be involved with JF. To what extent is up to him.

Ricky Trent been at jf. Jennings has been at liberty for the last 15 years been the dc for about 7 years. Milner played at Ferrum in the early 90’s been around jf program for a while.

Still not sure who all is helping coaching at Amherst
Coach’s son who coached OLBs at JF with him is going to coach OLBs again.
Landis will coach O-line.
Hamlett receivers
Crews D-line (if he stays)
I’m not sure outside of that

Coach’s son who coached OLBs at JF with him is going to coach OLBs again.
Landis will coach O-line.
Hamlett receivers
Crews D-line (if he stays)
I’m not sure outside of that
Crews is in question from what I've heard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT