ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah District/+

RedPrideNation_RollPride

VaPreps All District
Oct 13, 2014
Let me preface this by saying RHS could very well lose their upcoming game this week against a very good Altavista squad. That said 5 of the 7 teams that the Gladiators play during the regular season won their playoff games last night. The other two were underdogs and were beaten by teams that very well should beat them. Clearly a case of a pretty solid "district"/area. We are blessed to have great coaching, amazing fan support, and some very good athletes every week.

I do realize most of these teams are 2A but I want to recognize them anyway. Shout out to Stuarts Draft and East Rock for pulling off the upsets. Gotta admit I didn't see that one happening but that's why they play the games. As for Luray, Buffalo Gap, and non district foe RE Lee, they were fairly dominate in their wins. Congrats to all and I for one can't wait to see us get in the fray next week.

Did anyone make the trip east yesterday ? Rapp . vs Altavista . How good are they ?

I went to the Altavista/Rappahannock game since it was just a 7 or 8 mile drive across the bridge from me. Not knocking them but Altavista was not much better than Rappahannock. Yes, they won 31-0 but don't let that score fool you into thinking they manhandled Rappahannock. It was just 10-0 at the half. Rappahannock could not get their passing game going. Under thrown or dropped passes, turnover, and to much running to one side did them in against a average Altavista team who adjusted enough at the half to pull off the win. Plenty punting by both teams. Altavista don't have the size or speed of the last couple years. I expected more from them coming out the Dogwood against 7-3 (weak schedule) Rappahannock. Like I said, not knocking Altavista...just won't impressed ,even with the 31-0 win. Won't make a prediction on Altavista at Riverheads because I've not seen Riverheads play. Congratulations to Altavista on the win.

Last edited:
I went to the Altavista/Rappahannock game since it was just a 7 or 8 mile drive across the bridge from me. Not knocking them but Altavista was not much better than Rappahannock. Yes, they won 31-0 but don't let that score fool you into thinking they manhandled Rappahannock.
So you think Riverheads has a chance against Altavista ?

YES. I have Riverheads winning D1. Riverheads appears to have both a good Offense and Defense. I guess the question is the quality of the opponents, but I think the opponents are of good quality. AltaVista will be a good test. The first round bye may hurt them more than it helped them. We will see.

I added more to my post. Sent it before I was finished. Altavista has a chance just like Riverheads has a chance. I've not seen Riverheads play but I would still be willing to bet Riverheads run game is more polished and affective than Rappahannock's.

Altavista won't be a test if Riverheads is as good as the posters are saying. If Altavista comes to town and pull the upset, then Riverheads won't as advertised. Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: uvacavs1
I predicted at least a 2 TD win for Altavista vs. Rappahannock. Altavista is no where near as big or quick as they have been the past 2 seasons. But, Rappahannock is really slow and those small Altavista linebackers did a good job of filling the gaps and getting pressure on the Rapp QB. I read where Rapp only rushed for 28 yds vs. Essex last week and while they had more than that last night it wasn't close to being 100. Plus, I heard their best running back didn't play due to injury. Simply put, Rappahannock didn't have a game-breaker this season like they did last season in the Byrd kid.
So with all that being said I'll go with Riverheads by 3 TDs.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT