ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando

Is Heritage that bad this year? Or you guys just that good? I can see a blowout for you next week, but not that bad of one.

I think we are alright need to clean up a lot things. We held Heritage to 68 yards of offense as our defense played very well offensively we have some work to do. Great picture of a sick one handed INT by CB JT Wahee. I doubt the game will be a blowout
CNk5XZeWgAAi9rS.jpg:large

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Monticello's AD Barnes allowed LT to use their stadium to practice at before the Stone Bridge championship game. They were just cool with each other, and LT was desperate to schedule opponents, so they set up a home and home. Nothing deeper to it than that. You're making it seem that Woody himself scheduled LT as a way to "get back" at Monticello because he was planning to leave.

This is all true. When we played SB we needed a place to practice I called all of the HS in Charlottesville and Monticello and Mr. Barnes was the only team that said yes. So when we decided to stay in Charlottesville again this year instead of staying in Lynchburg (superstitious) of course we asked Monticello could we practice there again Mr. Pearman was more than happy to accommodate us. When we were trying to find games were down on our luck we decided to help them out and give them a game since they have been so helpful to us. I never had a conversation with Coach Woody as I dealt with the AD directly.

I clearly said Sherando should've kept running it down our throats, as that's where they hurt us the most, and it's what we deserved. How is that not losing with dignity? Martinsburg handles Sherando nearly every year, so predicting the same this year is being a sore loser? It's just my opinion. I'm not being a sore loser by thinking Sherando isn't as good as you think they are, I was only impressed by Rivers and a lineman. Not the QB, RB, or receivers. Yes your defense is good, but you can't say just how good when the majority of them were out there chillin' last night as we couldn't cleanly snap the ball. They left receivers wide open many times, especially #21, but our QB made some poor decisions throwing into double coverage. And of course, our best receiver didn't play.

I'm not sure how you can blame our QB for not holding onto the snaps when nearly everyone in the backfield had trouble holding on to them. It was the backup center's fault, not theirs. They were too high or not getting snapped to the correct player! Starting center did better against Bird, that's the only time he's played so far this season. We'll just have to disagree about Sherando not going to allow us to run the ball, even your coach told us after the game that the snaps really hurt our offense, especially our offense in particular, and that we'll be fine. The type of offense we run isn't the issue at all, and shows me what you really know.
You really need to chill. You have two weeks now. The exchanges will get fixed but the Warrior defense is very good. Disrespectful to think otherwise and I don't think "just chillin" is part of their makeup. They smelled blood and came after you. Would you do otherwise?

I would be concerned with a Lion defense that allowed a team to run it down their throat, especially when you have Courtland up next and you already know what that entails. The Lions are a good team. They just may be in for a bit of a rocky start. Theirs is no easy schedule. Respect that too. Your team will be playoff ready because of it. Keep the faith and GL in 2015.

I do think Fox's quickness and speed was noticeably different after the injury and he would've made a difference on offense with getting to the edge and breaking some tackles or wearing LT down.

Monticello is no Salem, but they're also no Heritage (NN), and they have a talented QB and RB again. I'm not sure if you know how much Heritage lost from last year, but they lost a ton. I have only heard rumors about why Woody left, but it was nothing to do with scheduling LT. I have no real idea why he left.
Hoos, don't be deceived by the LT and Heritage NN game. Heritage is a very good team; however, LT is just a lot better. Hell, in my opinion LT may be one of the best teams in the state. Heritage scrimmaged ocean lakes, Indian river and dinwiddie and held their own. They are consistently a high seed in the east playoffs and should be there this year. To say Monticello is no Heritage NN either" is too funny. When one of your district teams beats one of the top teams in east you can start making statements like that. Until then quit throwing unsubstantiated jabs like your prediction that JM would beat Dinwiddie. Lol....

Well I wish FLS was in our area cuz their coverage is SO much better than Charlottesville paper or scrimmage play. We FLS will do a better job next week that anyone else for us this year.
It's funny that they still cover Louisa news, not just sports, but they don't deliver here anymore. I wish they would reconsider.

I do think Robert Edmonds is helping turn the DP back in the right direction though. He's a very good writer for them and for VaPreps.

I don't think Sherando will run the table, would be surprised if not at least one loss to either, Martinsburg, maybe EV or Fort Hill is certainly a challenge. if Sherando can somehow beat Martinsburg next week, and it get on a roll it's possible. the Martinsburg team next week is in no way the team that beat the Warriors in 2013, that was the only regular season loss that year. Martinsburg lost last night to HD Woodson out of DC. They are pretty good this year with a lot of senior talent. But who knows that's why the games are played.

I clearly said Sherando should've kept running it down our throats, as that's where they hurt us the most, and it's what we deserved. How is that not losing with dignity? Martinsburg handles Sherando nearly every year, so predicting the same this year is being a sore loser? It's just my opinion. I'm not being a sore loser by thinking Sherando isn't as good as you think they are, I was only impressed by Rivers and a lineman. Not the QB, RB, or receivers. Yes your defense is good, but you can't say just how good when the majority of them were out there chillin' last night as we couldn't cleanly snap the ball. They left receivers wide open many times, especially #21, but our QB made some poor decisions throwing into double coverage. And of course, our best receiver didn't play.

I'm not sure how you can blame our QB for not holding onto the snaps when nearly everyone in the backfield had trouble holding on to them. It was the backup center's fault, not theirs. They were too high or not getting snapped to the correct player! Starting center did better against Bird, that's the only time he's played so far this season. We'll just have to disagree about Sherando not going to allow us to run the ball, even your coach told us after the game that the snaps really hurt our offense, especially our offense in particular, and that we'll be fine. The type of offense we run isn't the issue at all, and shows me what you really know.

yes it is being a sore loser , when you bring up how the other team didn't impress you , and how all you can talk about is just one linemen , and a linebacker is all you were impressed by then you are not thinking straight. If the Lions beat the warriors last night 35-7 , I guarantee you that you would be impressed with more than two players on the Lions team. The Warriors spanked your team in every facet of the game . snaps or no snaps , center or no center====== equals you still would have gotten spanked!!! Your team just not good at all, honestly there is quite a few teams in my area that would beat the Lions, 2A Clarke County would IMO.mThis game could have easily been 75-0 . Would you have been impressed then? You are something? When Dinwiddie smacked Sherando in the state championship two years ago, I was more than impressed,I even became friends with some of there people down there, so I could understand what they do, what makes them better, I didn't ever come on this board and start throwing out woulda , coulda , shoulda, we got spanked , just like your team got spanked last night . You should start talking about Courtland and stop talking about Sherando anymore. Talk about how your your going to beat Courtland. If you were impressed about someone on your team, certainly talk about them , but you know nothing about Sherando football, or who they play up here or anything. This weak Northwest area team kicked your ass last night ! Oh, and with only two impressive players!! Haha your a joke!

I don't think Sherando will run the table, would be surprised if not at least one loss to either, Martinsburg, maybe EV or Fort Hill is certainly a challenge. if Sherando can somehow beat Martinsburg next week, and it get on a roll it's possible. the Martinsburg team next week is in no way the team that beat the Warriors in 2013, that was the only regular season loss that year. Martinsburg lost last night to HD Woodson out of DC. They are pretty good this year with a lot of senior talent. But who knows that's why the games are played.
Will Fort Hill still be strong without Ty Johnson?

Well according to the Fort Hill guys they will be good. I think the loss of the Shives brothers was a bigger loss. but that town always has a lot of athletic skilled boys. Hard to argue a 28 game win streak, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's 34 or so when they come to Arrowhead.

Well I didn't think JM would allow 48 points, but I did say it could've been a shootout and it was.
Yes sir you did say it would be a shootout. You also said a shootout favored JM. JM is sound and has good team speed. They are not overly physical on defense and the Generals destroyed their db's. Should have been worse. Our fastest receiver dropped a clear td on a 45 yd bomb. Just dropped the dang thing. He was five yards behind the db. That's what I honestly think you fail to recognize and I understand, because Dinwiddie and a majority of the old South teams do not play like Salem, LC Bird and Sherando or most of the teams you see in person. The aforementioned are good programs that consistently win. Yes they have power, talented players and yes speed. The good east teams are all about tempo. Fast break football that does not afford teams the opportunity to sub. If you dont have two units and have to play boths ways its a tough road. Not saying east teams can't be beat by west teams, but they better be in tip top shape. JM found out quick. 4 TD drives in lasting less than 2 1/2 minutes. Lake Taylor defeats it with power, speed, tempo and depth. Thats why they are the beast of the east in 4a. LT 42 Monticello 7 (maybe)

Wow well to be honest with everyone too much dialogue for me here's the facts of the game Sherando 35 Louisa 7. Louisa scored midway through the fourth quarter on Sherando 2nd & 3rd string. Sportsmanship with the score 33 - 0 Sherando option to go for the two-point conversion instead of kicking an extra point. This makes the score 35 to 0 and a running clock. That's SPORTSMANSHIP. Some of my responsibility on a Friday night is to to meet and greet the visiting team make sure their needs are met while they are our guest In the Jungle. Sherando's coaching staff, players and their fans entered The Jungle with class and they left The Jungle with a victory, respect and more class. We are proud of our facilities here in Louisa. I'm sure Hamspear will tell you we have a very large & loud crowd. I told Hamy when he comes to The Jungle I would buy him a hot dog little did I know and expect that he would bring on jar of mustard.lol. Louisa will be open this Friday then go to Court land. Good Luck to all this week.

Wow well to be honest with everyone too much dialogue for me here's the facts of the game Sherando 35 Louisa 7. Louisa scored midway through the fourth quarter on Sherando 2nd & 3rd string. Sportsmanship with the score 33 - 0 Sherando option to go for the two-point conversion instead of kicking an extra point. This makes the score 35 to 0 and a running clock. That's SPORTSMANSHIP. Some of my responsibility on a Friday night is to to meet and greet the visiting team make sure their needs are met while they are our guest In the Jungle. Sherando's coaching staff, players and their fans entered The Jungle with class and they left The Jungle with a victory, respect and more class. We are proud of our facilities here in Louisa. I'm sure Hamspear will tell you we have a very large & loud crowd. I told Hamy when he comes to The Jungle I would buy him a hot dog little did I know and expect that he would bring on jar of mustard.lol. Louisa will be open this Friday then go to Court land. Good Luck to all this week.

Looking at the stats, there was one that struck me as unusual. Yes, we know Louisa had issues with the snap and lost some fumbles. 3 according to the FLS. Awfully tough to win a game that way. You can ask Courtland, who fumbled 5 times and lost 3. Fun fact, according to the FLS, Sherando fumbled 6 times and lost 4. Just found that to be interesting.

Looking at the stats, there was one that struck me as unusual. Yes, we know Louisa had issues with the snap and lost some fumbles. 3 according to the FLS. Awfully tough to win a game that way. You can ask Courtland, who fumbled 5 times and lost 3. Fun fact, according to the FLS, Sherando fumbled 6 times and lost 4. Just found that to be interesting.
Salem fumbled 4x against Amherst and lost 3, plus an interception. There was a lot of sloppiness week 1, even out of traditionally very good teams.

Yes that's true we lost the ball a lot in the second half mostly with our 2nd and third team players , something that definitely needs worked on. Can't win games consistently with fumblitus.

Yes that's true we lost the ball a lot in the second half mostly with our 2nd and third team players , something that definitely needs worked on. Can't win games consistently with fumblitus.
Our center moved over to replace our RG who is out with a broken foot and sprained ligaments and tendons. The replacement Center is just a Sophomore and he and the QB had some bad exchanges leading to 3 of the fumbles, 2 of which were lost.

Our center moved over to replace our RG who is out with a broken foot and sprained ligaments and tendons. The replacement Center is just a Sophomore and he and the QB had some bad exchanges leading to 3 of the fumbles, 2 of which were lost.
I feel sorry for the kid. You can actually play on a broken ankle. I've broken mine 5 times. Strap it up tight and you're uncomfortable but good to go after warm up. Ligaments and tendons are a completely different story. They seem to take forever. Can't do anything till they heal. Then they need to be stretched back to normal orbital rotation or they tear again. Easily. Advances in orthopedics, rehabilitation and Certified Trainers certainly make this a faster recovery process than in my time but this is a 30 day minimum. Best wishes to him and to Salem.

I feel sorry for the kid. You can actually play on a broken ankle. I've broken mine 5 times. Strap it up tight and you're uncomfortable but good to go after warm up. Ligaments and tendons are a completely different story. They seem to take forever. Can't do anything till they heal. Then they need to be stretched back to normal orbital rotation or they tear again. Easily. Advances in orthopedics, rehabilitation and Certified Trainers certainly make this a faster recovery process than in my time but this is a 30 day minimum. Best wishes to him and to Salem.
57599813.jpg

I think he'll likely be out 6-8 weeks. He should be back for Patrick Henry and Pulaski, 2 tough games at the end of the year.

Yes sir you did say it would be a shootout. You also said a shootout favored JM. JM is sound and has good team speed. They are not overly physical on defense and the Generals destroyed their db's. Should have been worse. Our fastest receiver dropped a clear td on a 45 yd bomb. Just dropped the dang thing. He was five yards behind the db. That's what I honestly think you fail to recognize and I understand, because Dinwiddie and a majority of the old South teams do not play like Salem, LC Bird and Sherando or most of the teams you see in person. The aforementioned are good programs that consistently win. Yes they have power, talented players and yes speed. The good east teams are all about tempo. Fast break football that does not afford teams the opportunity to sub. If you dont have two units and have to play boths ways its a tough road. Not saying east teams can't be beat by west teams, but they better be in tip top shape. JM found out quick. 4 TD drives in lasting less than 2 1/2 minutes. Lake Taylor defeats it with power, speed, tempo and depth. Thats why they are the beast of the east in 4a. LT 42 Monticello 7 (maybe)
I believed a shootout favored JM because of their history of winning shootouts, that's all. I was wrong about that and a lot of other things over the last few weeks. :( I would like to see more match-ups between East and West teams over the course of a few more years before I can 100% agree with you. This wasn't the first time a JM team struggled against an uptempo team with speedy receivers. Just look to last year's match-up against Magna Vista, or 2008 against Logan Thomas-led Brookville. 41 points allowed to MV last year, 46 in 2008 against Brookville, and 41 allowed the week before against Monticello (although the officials bailed JM out in that game). All of those games were shootouts like against Dinwiddie. And like you said, teams like Salem, Bird and Sherando play more traditional, power football that have taken them to states, so maybe more of the uptempo East teams you're talking about should do the same. I think besides Oscar Smith, all of the recent Eastern teams that have won championships played tough, physical football, not uptempo fast-break football. Your 2013 Generals won by pounding teams on the ground.

I believed a shootout favored JM because of their history of winning shootouts, that's all. I was wrong about that and a lot of other things over the last few weeks. :( I would like to see more match-ups between East and West teams over the course of a few more years before I can 100% agree with you. This wasn't the first time a JM team struggled against an uptempo team with speedy receivers. Just look to last year's match-up against Magna Vista, or 2008 against Logan Thomas-led Brookville. 41 points allowed to MV last year, 46 in 2008 against Brookville, and 41 allowed the week before against Monticello (although the officials bailed JM out in that game). All of those games were shootouts like against Dinwiddie. And like you said, teams like Salem, Bird and Sherando play more traditional, power football that have taken them to states, so maybe more of the uptempo East teams you're talking about should do the same. I think besides Oscar Smith, all of the recent Eastern teams that have won championships played tough, physical football, not uptempo fast-break football. Your 2013 Generals won by pounding teams on the ground.
Just to clear the air i was not being critical of you. I have said this before and I will say it again. You do your homework and provide solid facts most of the time. You are a homer and I can appreciate that; however, I honestly do not think Monticello is that much better/or even better than Heritage NN. Yes, they lost some good players, but so did everyone else. I saw them live against three better teams and they kept coming forward and made good plays. Not really sure how many 4a schools would handle Ocean Lakes and Indian River as well as they did. Hell, if we went by the first week Louisa would be done. I think Louisa is much better than they played and refuse to write them off. Have to admit Sherando did raise my eyebrow. Dinwiddie plays a very power oriented Hanover team that resembles the philosophy/style of many West teams this week and could faulter. Their quarterback is tough as nails.

I don't necessarily agree with you regarding the 2013 team. Yes, Williams and company ran for a ton of yards, but our offense has a run/pass option for each play. Four receiver set with one back most of the time. The play is called and the quarterback makes the read based on what he sees before the snap. We do run a lot if its there and working. Load the box up we pass. Spread out we run. Pick your poison. All of this is done without a huddle and limited substitutes. If you can't cover one v one we will pass. You press we fade/slant. You lay off we screen/stick/seam. Very tough to defend. Last year we did not have the horses to execute it. This year we do. Just need to sure up the D.

Monticello is 3A by the way, but I understand what you were saying about Heritage. I think their sophomore QB could end up being a D1/D1AA player. He reminds me of their former QB Michael Graham in ways, who ended up starting at William & Mary. He's never seen pressure like Lake Taylor's yet, so I'm interested in seeing how he does against it. From what I've heard, Monticello's new defense under Lloyd also brings heat every play, so we'll quickly see how their speed on the edges against the run is, and how well they will cover LT's receivers one on one. The Mustangs have gigantic linemen every year (check Hudl video) but will they be quick, strong, or disciplined enough to handle LT's? I doubt it, but stay tuned.

Last edited:
One of our replacement centers is a freshman, but we rotated a couple of others during the game. It wasn't pretty. I'm not sure who exactly played, as we wore new uniforms that were oogly and I had trouble reading the numbers. Our announcer did too. I've never expected a Lion team to ever wear GRAY with green and gold accents. Reminds me of what VCU basketball did with their gray uniforms last season. Ugh.

Last edited:
One of our replacement centers is a freshman, but we rotated a couple of others during the game. It wasn't pretty. I'm not sure who exactly played, as we wore new uniforms that were oogly and I had trouble reading the numbers. Our announcer did too. I've never expected a Lion team to ever wear GRAY with green and gold accents. Reminds me of what VCU basketball did with their gray uniforms last season. Ugh.
Everyone is going to Gray jerseys now. We got ours 2 years ago to start the 2013 season. Guess its the wave. Can't wait to break out the new uni's this year.

Yeah I don't like this gray trend at all.
My blueberries have done this also. It actually looks good and much better than that solid blue they had previously worn (hence the blueberry designation.). Don't know if I love it but it's better. That'll do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT