ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando

Snookasuperstar

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 19, 2012
With Louisa being so good sherando could be state champs...27-0 Sherando is what I just heard. Could be first time in years we win an opener! 14-7 Flucos

Reactions: hamspear
We look terrible. Score could be worse. Can't snap the ball, can't tackle, and starting safety/receiver Marquis Lee not playing. My season optimism is out the door.

Ha-ha at least being honest... Score there now? Lions will still win seven games at least district is that bad

Not ready to go there yet. The Jeff is a good District and Lions play no easy schedule.
Its really not western is legit but the rest are mediocre. We blow our game to a team that's not good, but I think the flucos will improve...improvement does not transition into wins though. Thankfully we are division three and not four. Playing in the 4a east might be the best football in the state. Louisa will see teams better than Sherando on the east. No offense to the warriors I am sure they are a great team, but 4a east is another level. Last I saw score for lake Taylor was 35-0 over heritage and there are a few teams in 4 a east like lake Taylor.

Last edited:
Yeah Sherando's good but Louisa made them look great. It turns out our starting center didn't play after all. On our first drive it looked like we were gonna be fine, but after that, Bad Snap City. Then we had major breakdowns covering Dylan Rivers and tackling. Just a very ugly game for us. Hope we get it together but I think it's going to be a long season. The defense was a little better in the second half while both teams' starters were still in, but it was way too late.

My main question is, why didn't Raquan Jones or Devante Shelton not even get one carry?

Yeah Sherando's good but Louisa made them look great. It turns out our starting center didn't play after all. On our first drive it looked like we were gonna be fine, but after that, Bad Snap City. Then we had major breakdowns covering Dylan Rivers and tackling. Just a very ugly game for us. Hope we get it together but I think it's going to be a long season.

My main question is, why didn't Raquan Jones or Devante Shelton not even get one carry?
Only one ball, too many running backs and no offensive line? When you have a running clock hard to get all those studs you and skynard talk about the rock.

Our offensive line did okay, it's just all the high and bobbled snaps by the backup centers totally throws off the offensive rhythm.

We have been joking on you Hoos, but only in a fun and respectable way. We have been texting each other and the question came up as to which bridge you are going to jump off of. But seriously, everyone of us has been there. Keep the faith. Coach Fischer will quickly fix the problems and your season will be ok.

We have been joking on you Hoos, but only in a fun and respectable way. We have been texting each other and the question came up as to which bridge you are going to jump off of. But seriously, everyone of us has been there. Keep the faith. Coach Fischer will quickly fix the problems and your season will be ok.
Yeah I agree. Lions will have a good regular season

Are 2's and 3's were subbing in and out from midway through third quarter after it went 35-0. Feeling good nobody got hurt , dealt with some cramping. But realistically , felt like the Warriors could run the ball at will if they wanted to tonight. total domination in all facets by the Warriors. are seconds and thirds got a little sloppy towards the end holding onto the ball in the fourth. Need to work on that. We really didn't use all our diversity or weapons , save that for Martinsburg next week which will be a very tough game. Louisa nice field, nice fans, nice cannons , nice fireworks, big shout out to Louisadad, met him , very very nice man. Don't anybody ever give Louisadad a hard time, great guy!

I agree with you Mike. All of us arm chair quarterbacks get excited over our teams and think we can beat the world. Its nothing wrong with hope. Hoos spends a lot of time watching games and does not just stay in his area. Dinwiddie Proud and I shared a few text tonight about this game and when I saw the early score I told him Hamspear is strutting and Hoos is about to crawl under a rock. Congrats to all of the winners tonight. Next week we may be one of the disenchanted. Hoos stick with your men. They will get better. We had the same problems with snaps early in the season last year. Devils, you need to sell that mess somewhere else. Sure you can fix some things, but I have no desire for your team to improve. Jeez, no rebuild going on at LT. More like a routine tune-up.

I met Hoos with Mike out in Lynchburg last year too. You guys are right, very good man. Proud to know him. I would like to meet LouisaDad. Just from his postings you know he is kind, knowledgable, considerate, man. And if he is endorsed by Hammy, that's good enough for me.

Louisa will be ok. They have work to do, but they ran into a powerful team last night. Sherando is the real deal. They were flying low and didn't appear on most prognosticators radar. But they came up for their bombing run last night and loosened their arsenal on Louisa. Right now, Jefferson Forrest vs Sherando for the West title is my guess.

Keep your chin up Hoos. We have all been there. It will get better, I promise.

Are 2's and 3's were subbing in and out from midway through third quarter after it went 35-0. Feeling good nobody got hurt , dealt with some cramping. But realistically , felt like the Warriors could run the ball at will if they wanted to tonight. total domination in all facets by the Warriors. are seconds and thirds got a little sloppy towards the end holding onto the ball in the fourth. Need to work on that. We really didn't use all our diversity or weapons , save that for Martinsburg next week which will be a very tough game. Louisa nice field, nice fans, nice cannons , nice fireworks, big shout out to Louisadad, met him , very very nice man. Don't anybody ever give Louisadad a hard time, great guy!
Could've sworn your starters played the whole 3rd quarter and some of the 4th, as I was wondering why Minteer and Rivers were still in so long, risking injury. I wish you guys had kept running it down our throats, we deserved it, as you tried to get cute and pass more, thinking that would work. To be honest, I've heard things for a while about some of our younger guys not working hard. Hopefully that game will light in a fire in them, but if not, nothing will.

However, it didn't help that we had two or three drives in a row result in a bad snap turnover deep in Lion field position. I think if our center played we could've put some points up earlier and kept Sherando's offense off the field longer, I saw the holes opening up. That deep pass to a wide open Jackson for a sure touchdown that was dropped on the first drive was a huge buzz kill, though. If Martinsburg fields a decent team by their standards, they should beat Sherando again next week.

Yes Louisadad is a very nice man and will meet and put up with anyone, even people like shauntclair and hamspear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louisadad
I met Hoos with Mike out in Lynchburg last year too. You guys are right, very good man. Proud to know him. I would like to meet LouisaDad. Just from his postings you know he is kind, knowledgable, considerate, man. And if he is endorsed by Hammy, that's good enough for me.

Louisa will be ok. They have work to do, but they ran into a powerful team last night. Sherando is the real deal. They were flying low and didn't appear on most prognosticators radar. But they came up for their bombing run last night and loosened their arsenal on Louisa. Right now, Jefferson Forrest vs Sherando for the West title is my guess.

Keep your chin up Hoos. We have all been there. It will get better, I promise.
Louisa's defense was that bad, and made Sherando look like the real deal. Many plays where Sherando's players weren't close to being touched. Dylan Rivers is a player any team would take, but Sherando as a team is just good, not the real deal. With their schedule they can lose two-three games.

Last edited:
Have you ever watched ANY east teams in person, snooka? I'm not sure if you've seen them in person or just go by scores or video and think they're the best in the state. Are you going to the game next week? I watched Lake Taylor/Salem up close last year and a healthy Coleman Fox would've helped Salem a lot. Salem didn't stick to the offensive game plan that got them to Lynchburg in the first place, like passing more aggressively and giving Ramsey more carries, and their best lineman leaving the game in the 3rd quarter hurt them more. The Quinerly punt return was the game changer, like Dinwiddie's fake punt the year before. I guess going by that, special teams play in the East is so much better than the rest of the state's. LT and Dinwiddie are TWO special East teams and LT could very well blow out Monticello, but I'll take my crow fried if it's a shut out with 50 points scored at halftime. That's really disrespecting Monticello and Coach Lloyd to say or think that.

Could've sworn your starters played the whole 3rd quarter and some of the 4th, as I was wondering why Minteer and Rivers were still in so long, risking injury. I wish you guys had kept running it down our throats, we deserved it, as you tried to get cute and pass more, thinking that would work. To be honest, I've heard things for a while about some of our younger guys not working hard. Hopefully that game will light in a fire in them, but if not, nothing will.

However, it didn't help that we had two or three drives in a row result in a bad snap turnover deep in Lion field position. I think if our center played we could've put some points up earlier and kept Sherando's offense off the field longer, I saw the holes opening up. That deep pass to a wide open Jackson for a sure touchdown that was dropped on the first drive was a huge buzz kill, though. If Martinsburg fields a decent team by their standards, they should beat Sherando again next week.

Yes Louisadad is a very nice man and will meet and put up with anyone, even people like shauntclair and hamspear.

Have you ever watched ANY east teams in person, snooka? I'm not sure if you've seen them in person or just go by scores or video and think they're the best in the state. Are you going to the game next week? I watched Lake Taylor/Salem up close last year and a healthy Coleman Fox would've helped Salem a lot. Salem didn't stick to the offensive game plan that got them to Lynchburg in the first place, like passing more aggressively and giving Ramsey more carries, and their best lineman leaving the game in the 3rd quarter hurt them more. The Quinerly punt return was the game changer, like Dinwiddie's fake punt the year before. I guess going by that, special teams play in the East is so much better than the rest of the state's. LT and Dinwiddie are TWO special East teams and LT could very well blow out Monticello, but I'll take my crow fried if it's a shut out with 50 points scored at halftime. That's really disrespecting Monticello and Coach Lloyd to say or think that.
Yes to Lake Taylor in person and other teams in person, and I said might be 54-0 at half...its not disrespect when its honest assessment. When I say honest assessment I am talking about how talented many eastern teams are currently. 54-0 could be extreme at half but ask yourself this..is Monticello as good as Salem last season? I would hope you would say no, and if you watched the state game last year as I did a healthy fox would really not change outcome nor the score of the game. Cause I am sure LT was just as banged up by that stage in the season. Next question why do you think Woody scheduled Lake Taylor last year and about a month later he leaves out?

Last edited:
Most likely going to game. Fluvanna and spotsylvania would be the better game to watch on equal talent, but I would rather drive closer to watch this game.

Martinsburg is a team that is consistently very good, I think the Warriors will have a good chance to win this game. can't understand why you can't lose with dignity , if our coaching staff didn't have class this game last night could have been the ugliest in Louisa history , if we wanted to pass more we would have , if we wanted to run more we would have, if we wanted to score more we could have. but that is not the what Coach Hall likes to teach his kids to be like. your team I believe had about 5 to 6 first downs last night for a total offense of about 75 yards, most being accomplished by going for it on fourth down. yes , is didn't help that your QB could not hold onto the ball, but I believe it has a lot to do with the type of offense your team runs. to much going on in the backfield before you can even think about crossing the line of scrimmage. our defense was not going to allow you team to run the ball last night, they are to fast and good. Not many teams can run the ball on Sherando so don't feel bad. So in what place on this board would you know anything about how we are going to do against a team like Martinsburg, of which I am pretty sure you have not seen this year? Just another immature way to take one last stab at Sherando after they kicked Louisa's ass? Pathetic.....grow up dude , lose with dignity. Worry about Courtland now, we will worry about Martinsburg.

Hammy do you think Sherando can run the table? I do not know who they have left on their schedule.

Yes to Lake Taylor in person and other teams in person, and I said might be 54-0 at half...its not disrespect when its honest assessment. When I say honest assessment I am talking about how talented many eastern teams are currently. 54-0 could be extreme at half but ask yourself this..is Monticello as good as Salem last season? I would hope you would say no, and if you watched the state game last year as I did a healthy fox would really not change outcome nor the score of the game. Cause I am sure LT was just as banged up by that stage in the season. Next question why do you think Woody scheduled Lake Taylor last year and about a month later he leaves out?
I do think Fox's quickness and speed was noticeably different after the injury and he would've made a difference on offense with getting to the edge and breaking some tackles or wearing LT down.

Monticello is no Salem, but they're also no Heritage (NN), and they have a talented QB and RB again. I'm not sure if you know how much Heritage lost from last year, but they lost a ton. I have only heard rumors about why Woody left, but it was nothing to do with scheduling LT. I have no real idea why he left.

Have to agree that 50 points is a little disrespectful but if you think the last two State Champs were not head and shoulders better than the opponents, you didn't watch the same games I did.

Have to agree that 50 points is a little disrespectful but if you think the last two State Champs were not head and shoulders better than the opponents, you didn't watch the same games I did.
Is it disrespectful if it happens or is close to happening and l.t. pulls the dawgs off?

Martinsburg is a team that is consistently very good, I think the Warriors will have a good chance to win this game. can't understand why you can't lose with dignity , if our coaching staff didn't have class this game last night could have been the ugliest in Louisa history , if we wanted to pass more we would have , if we wanted to run more we would have, if we wanted to score more we could have. but that is not the what Coach Hall likes to teach his kids to be like. your team I believe had about 5 to 6 first downs last night for a total offense of about 75 yards, most being accomplished by going for it on fourth down. yes , is didn't help that your QB could not hold onto the ball, but I believe it has a lot to do with the type of offense your team runs. to much going on in the backfield before you can even think about crossing the line of scrimmage. our defense was not going to allow you team to run the ball last night, they are to fast and good. Not many teams can run the ball on Sherando so don't feel bad. So in what place on this board would you know anything about how we are going to do against a team like Martinsburg, of which I am pretty sure you have not seen this year? Just another immature way to take one last stab at Sherando after they kicked Louisa's ass? Pathetic.....grow up dude , lose with dignity. Worry about Courtland now, we will worry about Martinsburg.
I clearly said Sherando should've kept running it down our throats, as that's where they hurt us the most, and it's what we deserved. How is that not losing with dignity? Martinsburg handles Sherando nearly every year, so predicting the same this year is being a sore loser? It's just my opinion. I'm not being a sore loser by thinking Sherando isn't as good as you think they are, I was only impressed by Rivers and a lineman. Not the QB, RB, or receivers. Yes your defense is good, but you can't say just how good when the majority of them were out there chillin' last night as we couldn't cleanly snap the ball. They left receivers wide open many times, especially #21, but our QB made some poor decisions throwing into double coverage. And of course, our best receiver didn't play.

I'm not sure how you can blame our QB for not holding onto the snaps when nearly everyone in the backfield had trouble holding on to them. It was the backup center's fault, not theirs. They were too high or not getting snapped to the correct player! Starting center did better against Bird, that's the only time he's played so far this season. We'll just have to disagree about Sherando not going to allow us to run the ball, even your coach told us after the game that the snaps really hurt our offense, especially our offense in particular, and that we'll be fine. The type of offense we run isn't the issue at all, and shows me what you really know.

Last edited:
To me it is disrespectful in some ways to not tell it like it is. Reading scrimmage play and daily progress is pretty pathetic when things are sugar coated about certain teams in the area and I am interested to see what scrimmage play says next week about l.t. and Monticello spread. If they say less than 21 I would not be shocked.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
He scheduled them and no that game has nothing to do with why he left. I think woody had an idea he was going to leave when he scheduled L.T.
Heritage is still good team, they just don't have the same athletes lake Taylor, Monacan and dinwiddie have. I think dinwiddie is actually going to be even better next season.
Monticello's AD Barnes allowed LT to use their stadium to practice at before the Stone Bridge championship game. They were just cool with each other, and LT was desperate to schedule opponents, so they set up a home and home. Nothing deeper to it than that. You're making it seem that Woody himself scheduled LT as a way to "get back" at Monticello because he was planning to leave.

Look as I have said Lions will have a winning season, mustangs will too for that matter. Sherando will most likely be in the running in the west. But the truth of the matter is the better TEAMS are in the east right now. As I mentioned before our district right now does not have a fbs player and i am NOT SURE about fcs player in it compared to other teams in the east that have multiple fbs or fcs players in it. I think that showed all ready last night.

Monticello's AD Barnes allowed LT to use their stadium to practice at before the Stone Bridge championship game. They were just cool with each other, and LT was desperate to schedule opponents, so they set up a home and home. Nothing deeper to it than that. You're making it seem that Woody himself scheduled LT as a way to "get back" at Monticello because he was planning to leave.
Too much coincidence for me, but you maybe right and I will delete that post. I should not post something with no facts...my apologies.

To me it is disrespectful in some ways to not tell it like it is. Reading scrimmage play and daily progress is pretty pathetic when things are sugar coated about certain teams in the area and I am interested to see what scrimmage play says next week about l.t. and Monticello spread. If they say less than 21 I would not be shocked.
I do agree about Scrimmage Play and Daily Progress, LOL. Their spread predictions make me laugh, but I salute them for what they do, covering our teams.

I do agree about Scrimmage Play and Daily Progress, LOL. Their spread predictions make me laugh, but I salute them for what they do, covering our teams.
Well I wish FLS was in our area cuz their coverage is SO much better than Charlottesville paper or scrimmage play. We FLS will do a better job next week that anyone else for us this year.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT