ADVERTISEMENT

Kettle Run 41 - Sherando 7

Oct 6, 2017
Fauquier County
KR continues to move through the toughest part of the schedule (Millbrook, sherando, Brentsville). I was a bit worried with the Sherando Defense but KR was able to move the ball effectively.

This team is the typical Coach Porterfield style that we have seen for the last 4 years of continually changing the offensive formations, not turning over the ball, and having a high level of Football IQ during the game. We don’t have a ton of speed and superstar talent but they win tactically with good football.

Now With the QB performance improving every week, which then opens up the running game, It’s going to take a really strong LB and Secondary to hold this team down.

They are starting to transition into last year’s squad without the superstar combo of Chumley and Tapscott. I am starting to become hopeful that they might be able to be a contender like last year.

Reactions: OCBoy
KR continues to move through the toughest part of the schedule (Millbrook, sherando, Brentsville). I was a bit worried with the Sherando Defense but KR was able to move the ball effectively.

This team is the typical Coach Porterfield style that we have seen for the last 4 years of continually changing the offensive formations, not turning over the ball, and having a high level of Football IQ during the game. We don’t have a ton of speed and superstar talent but they win tactically with good football.

Now With the QB performance improving every week, which then opens up the running game, It’s going to take a really strong LB and Secondary to hold this team down.

They are starting to transition into last year’s squad without the superstar combo of Chumley and Tapscott. I am starting to become hopeful that they might be able to be a contender like last year.
I’m not sure there’s a team that can probably stop them now that Phoebus has moved up. Bad luck for Brentsville as they’ve made it to that Phoebus game for a few years and now that they’re gone Kettle Run drops down. Hopewell could probably make things interesting but if Kettle Run is coming to form they could possibly make it back to the finals.

• Love
Reactions: TJVikings804
I’m not sure there’s a team that can probably stop them now that Phoebus has moved up. Bad luck for Brentsville as they’ve made it to that Phoebus game for a few years and now that they’re gone Kettle Run drops down. Hopewell could probably make things interesting but if Kettle Run is coming to form they could possibly make it back to the finals.

Think KR is likely in for an exact repeat of last season.

Don't fool yourself, hopewell is a legit contender for the state championship, they've had injuries to 3 or 4 of their starter running back and lineman but are getting healthy at the right time. They play in the tough central district, with Thomas Dale, Dinwiddie and matoaca. So they will be battle tested. KR has a good team but I can guarantee you they haven't seen a team with the speed and athleticism of Hopewell, so don't count your chicken before they hatch, on the other hand Thomas Jefferson could give them hell.

Reactions: OCBoy
Also Lafayette will be a tough out and a healthy Lake Taylor could be dangerous and could beat Kettle run, I could guarantee Kettle run wouldn't beat Dinwiddie this year if they played, it would be just like last year, or Matoaca , Thomas Dale the teams that are in the central district with hopewell, but we will see.

Don't fool yourself, hopewell is a legit contender for the state championship, they've had injuries to 3 or 4 of their starter running back and lineman but are getting healthy at the right time. They play in the tough central district, with Thomas Dale, Dinwiddie and matoaca. So they will be battle tested. KR has a good team but I can guarantee you they haven't seen a team with the speed and athleticism of Hopewell, so don't count your chicken before they hatch, on the other hand Thomas Jefferson could give them hell.
I think what @1MoreHokie may have been referring to was KR is in the exact same scenario as last season when they made states but were severely educated on how to play football by Dinwiddie in the Finals. I think alot of teams were taken to school by the Generals last year. But in my own biased opinion, the competition better have overwhelming talent on the field because this is very well coached football program.

Ok, but alot of teams are well coached, but I'm referring to athleticism, speed over all Talent and strength of schedule. I'm not knocking kettle run they are a good team, I'm saying they don't play the teams hopewell plays and watching films of them don't have the speed or athleticism as hopewell. They were well coached last year when they played dinwiddie but were out matched, so maybe if they do get to play if both teams make it to the regional game championship we will see.

Millbrook and brentsville are the toughest teams that kettle run plays then they've been tested at all , they beat Millbrook by 4 points and they aren't that good. And brentsville they are methodical and slow both of those teams would be in last place in the central district Richmond Metro area.

@10iceiceice, I am a huge Central District fan, but I have to disagree with you. Millbrook would be the a top five team in the Central District. They have a decent squad.

Don't be fooled by Kettle Run they have some nice size and are a fundamentally sound team. They will not beat themselves and yes they have talent at the skilled positions. I agree that Hopewell has the advantage in speed and playmakers; however, it takes more than that to win a state semi-final. Hopewell's defense has not exactly been lights out against the better teams on their schedule. I still think the Blue Devils can make a run, but they have to play well against Dale and beat Lafayette who is very similar to Kettle Run.

Ok, but alot of teams are well coached, but I'm referring to athleticism, speed over all Talent and strength of schedule. I'm not knocking kettle run they are a good team, I'm saying they don't play the teams hopewell plays and watching films of them don't have the speed or athleticism as hopewell. They were well coached last year when they played dinwiddie but were out matched, so maybe if they do get to play if both teams make it to the regional game championship we will see.
I know the northern teams don’t get a lot of talking points on the forum, but KR is a very well coached team year in and year out since 2016.

Just as a point of reference , KR has not lost a Regular season game since August of 2021. Talent or no talent, that’s an impressive stat for any team in the state. That type of winning is all about coaching and a building a great football culture.

Reactions: VolNation85
Kettle Run vs. LcA in state semis.
Should be good game.
LCA has that combination of good coaching and great talent

KR is in region B(TJ/Brentsville/Armstrong) so they would be matched up(if they do indeed win their region) with region A (Hopewell/Lafayette/Lake Taylor/Churchland) winners in state semis. LCA will be with region D(Byrd/Botetourt/CBurg/Abingdon) in the semis

Churchland is C4 not C3 and stop counting your chicken before they hatch, hopewell and Lafayette are very talented and good teams, and have won multiple state championships. Kettle run may be good but they are not unbeatable. And it I'm not mistaken they've never won a state championship. Just like last year when dinwiddie Steamrolled over top of kettle run they were so great .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT