ADVERTISEMENT

Brentsville 28 Kettle Run 7

Oct 6, 2017
Fauquier County
A Big Congratulations to the Brentsville Tigers as they soundly defeated my KR Cougars in Nokesville for the second time in 3 weeks.

The Brentsville offensive power combo of QB Caleb Alexander and RB Nico Orlando kept the Tigers in the lead from start to finish. I think that Alexander got hurt in the 3rd quarter. I hope he can recover quickly.

This game was much different than last game. You can see that KR was really missing their All District Offensive player of the Year, Colton Quaker, to help KR break the defensive front of Brentsville. Tonight the Brentsville defense did a fantastic job of controlling the A/B gaps while blitzing a lot to create chaos in the KR backfield. KR never felt comfortable on offense. I was shocked how many bad snaps there were in this game. KR just couldn’t score when needed in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. They would move the ball and had some opportunities but then would fall apart. There should be a lot of credit to be passed to the Brentsville defense for pushing KR to make mistakes

I woukd not have picked Brentsville at the beginning of this year to see them heading back to the finals. I have to sit back and eat some humble pie! The Tigers are going to be a tough opponent moving deeper into the playoffs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT