ADVERTISEMENT

Shoutouts to some fans

obguthr

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 29, 2003
Staunton, VA
I was pleased to see the fans that came out to both games. All four participants were well represented. Clarke had the longest trip but their side was still covered in Orange. They even brought their band. I thought I read somewhere once that their band didn't perform at the games, maybe someone was just being ironic and it went over my head. Those Galax fans were good and loud, too. Appomattox probably had the largest number and a lot to cheer about, and cheer they did. I honestly believe they were cheering for more than just a football game and were destined to win this one. Riverheads brought their usual throng of diehard fans.

What I really enjoyed seeing was the fans of schools that didn't make it this far. Some came out of habit, most because they just love the game. I'm sure there were fans from many other schools, but the ones I noticed, in no particular order:

Richlands
PH
GW
Chilhowie
Narrows
Giles
Graham
Bland
Auburn
Radford
Parry Mccluer
EC Glass
Randolph-Henry

Gotta love the game and support the kids no matter what my MAROONS are playing with basketballs but 2 well deserving and respected teams that we went to war with took the field Saturday you cant miss that.

This was my fourth trip to Salem and I would have to say this was the biggest and loudest crowd (considering all four teams) that I have seen. Appo was the top of this bunch but all four represented themselves well. I even changed sides for both games so I could compare the noise, and I will give RHS credit for one thing.......you guys ROCKED on that 57 yard run by Miller!

Have there been any attendance figures announced, either for here or the other two venues?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT