ADVERTISEMENT

Siegel center

Parking garage is the easiest, VCU is on spring break so parking shouldn't be an issue.

Parking garage is the easiest, VCU is on spring break so parking shouldn't be an issue.

DO NOT (caps intentional) park in the grocery story parking lot across the street from the parking garage. You will be towed (happened to one of our editors a couple of years ago).

There is a parking garage on either side of the Siegel Center. I personally prefer the one on the same side of the street but I guess either would work. If you are coming from the west and traveling east on Broad Street, you will pass by a Lowe's on the left. Some people claim they park in Lowe's lot, which is huge, without any problem, but I would not recommend it.

As soon as you pass that Lowe's, take your first available left turn and that takes you right to the garage. They usually charge anywhere from 8 to 10 bucks, but to me, the peace of mind is worth it. When you come down the elevator out of the garage, it is almost a straight shot to the Siegel Center. Just follow the people. From the time you park your car till you are in your seat should not be more than 5-10 minutes tops.

The other garage is past the Siegel and is diagonally across Broad Street. I guess it works if you don't mind crossing Broad. But I have never had to use that one. I always get in the first one but on rare occasions have managed to find something on a side street. So if you have plenty of time and want to experiment with that, you might get lucky.

The one diagonally across is the one I usually use, no problem crossing the street, they usually have an officer directing pedestrians when it is busy. I have also walked from Lowes, it is a ways to walk if you go that route and in the event of rain a wet one too. Remember too that they will scan you for "weapons" and check purses, so if you by chance are the type that carries a pocket knife or nail file lol, they will make you take it back to your car.

For the 11th straight year I will boycott Seigel Dump. Worst venue in the state for tournament. I still have hard time believing the VHSL is dumb enough to use that venue. VCU has highest crime rate of any college campus in Virginia, if my memory is correct.

For the 11th straight year I will boycott Seigel Dump. Worst venue in the state for tournament. I still have hard time believing the VHSL is dumb enough to use that venue. VCU has highest crime rate of any college campus in Virginia, if my memory is correct.
I have never heard of any person going to watch a game be attacked after the game.

I would think the biggest threat would be fans going after fans from rival schools, either because of grudges from the past or from disappointment over the way a game turned out, and that kind of thing could happen at any facility. I have attended a dozen or more games there and never once experienced anything unpleasant.

The parking works out OK if you just accept the fact that you will pay to park in the garage. If I had to come up with a complaint, and it only took me one time to come to this conclusion..........the crap that they call bar b q at their concession stands is hideous. So don't make that mistake. Otherwise, go and have a good time, and HR 6, we will miss you.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
I would love to go to having the tournament at the JPJ arena in Charlottesville or even do a rotation of Liberty, UVA, VCU, and somewhere like GMU or ODU. I don't know!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT