ADVERTISEMENT

Skyline 25 Hopewell 21 Half

Hopewell 57 Skyline 48 Final

Skyline was up 48-43 and had the ball, but came out of the timeout with 6 men on the court. Hopewell hit the technical foul shots and the Hawks never scored again.

Tyheim Love 20 pts for Hopewell,
Zack Diggs 12 pts, Elias Carter 10 pts 8 rbs for Hawks. Ethan Caperton had 8 pts

Hopewell 57 Skyline 48 Final

Skyline was up 48-43 and had the ball, but came out of the timeout with 6 men on the court. Hopewell hit the technical foul shots and the Hawks never scored again.
Ok, I have to ask-why? I have seen this happen before but the refs usually pause a second to let the 6th player leave the floor. There had to be more to it than that?

Did not appear to be from where I was. Ball had yet to be inbounded. I thought maybe the Hawks could have called timeout to avoid the technical, but I honestly don't know the rule. The Hopewell players and coach were waving their hands and pointing things out to the ref as one of the Skyline players moved closer to the bench. But the refs just moved everyone to the other side, gave two free throws, and then the ball.

Reactions: falcettik
Rule is they can have as many players on the floor as they want BUT once a Skyline player touches the ball only 5 can be on the floor. So if a timeout wasn’t called before the Skyline out of bounds player received the ball from the ref or the 6th player wasn’t completely off the floor when the out of bounds player received the ball it’s a technical foul. Reading the NV Daily article there wasn’t a complaint from the coach. He basically took full blame for the technical foul. So I’m thinking it was a good, but unfortunate call for Skyline in the state playoffs.

Never said it wasn't a good call. The Skyline player definitely had the ball in his hands from ref. Just said it was the turning point in the game. In fact, I said it to the writer of the story you are quoting, as he was sitting right next to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT