ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper Teams in Region 3

Feb 23, 2021
wanted to see everyone’s thoughts on sleeper teams in Region 3 this year that could make a run

Yes Hopewell could be a team to watch, they'll be led by senior quarterback Tatum and senior running back Cam hunt and receive and kick returner Cook. They'll be young but talented and fast from what I'm hearing they could've freshmen and sophomores in the lineup. But they're talented.

Teams also from the 757 always have talent, lake Taylor or Heritage of Newport News could be Teams to watch. Lake Taylor plays Hopewell the 2nd game of the season so we can get a look at were they both stand.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
What does Kettle Run and Brentsville bring back? I like Tee Jay or Armstrong to come out of that region this year. Tee Jay will be loaded but can’t count out Armstrong even though they lost a few guys to graduation.

Not sure about kettle run or brentsville. I do understand both lost some key players. In the 804 maybe petersburg also can make some noise.

I really like the kid from hopewell quarterback Tatum , he had a really good junior year and he's 6'3 180 very fast and athletic with a strong arm. From what I'm understand he has some division 1 offers and division 2 offers I think he'll have a big year. I've seen him play so this why I picked him as one player, I'm sure there're many others.

Reactions: DMVmonster
I like him as well great kid had a chance to talk to him. Surprised more people aren't hipped on him only 1 offer in state at VUU he said he has a few more offers he haven't put out there but like you I think this season will be awesome for this kid.

Has anyone seen the kid at Colonial Heights the QB or the Petersburg QB play both have been buzzing a little his offseason

They are good problem is their teams can't beat any class 3 teams but each other that's an ugly truth they both have had very weak schedules the past few years they beat up on low win schools like nottoway, Southampton, new kent ect when they actually played a team with a winning record they lost I saw with my own eyes Ch heights QB tap against Hopewell

They supposed to be moving him to WR this year we will see how that goes . Hopewell definitely the team to be in the area

Yes hopewell could be starting some freshman and sophomores in the lineup on both sides. But they'll be talented led by senior quarterback Tatum and running back Hunt.

Standing in wawa today see some Hopewell players saying Their QB is going to Matoaca... is there any truth to this. I'd thought I'll check here first.

• Wow
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Standing in wawa today see some Hopewell players saying Their QB is going to Matoaca... is there any truth to this. I'd thought I'll check here first.
That’s all Matoaca needed was a QB. IF this is true, Matoaca will play Maury for the ship.

They just got the Hermitage kid a few weeks ago to transfer the JV starter & Varisty back up from last year

Yes I'm curious also about this, if he went to matoaca. I know some teachers and coaches so I'll check.

What does Kettle Run and Brentsville bring back? I like Tee Jay or Armstrong to come out of that region this year. Tee Jay will be loaded but can’t count out Armstrong even though they lost a few guys to graduation.
I really like TJ a lot. They are a consistent program and yes, I say program because for the better part of a decade now they have been a threat in either Region 2A or 3B. They have a ton of talent returning plus some transfers coming in. Coach Eric Harris and his staff are phenomenal at getting the best out of their guys. Only thing that slowed them down last year was injuries at the wrong time of the season. I believe they have some unfinished business coming into 2024.

Good for him and hopewell, he's a talented kid. Hopefully he'll have a great season and help hopewell make a run in 3A.

How are the scrimmage going for the teams in the 804 3A Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, TJ, Armstrong Etc.

How are the scrimmage going for the teams in the 804 3A Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, TJ, Armstrong Etc.
Not 804 but I have seen all three Fauquier county teams scrimmage and Liberty is pretty down after losing some transfers. My Falcons look like a football team and have a shot in the Bird bowl this year. Might be a year for the Falcons to make the playoffs with a manageable schedule. Kettle Run bested Eastern View pretty easily. They will be very good again. I have not seen Brentsville who has won the past 3 regional titles but I know they were very old last year but that has been a really solid program for the past decade. Can't see them dropping off a cliff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT