ADVERTISEMENT

So what's the 411 on Nottoway????

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
I know next to nothing about them other than their best wins are over Lunenburg, Buckingham and twice vs. Amelia.

I know next to nothing about them other than their best wins are over Lunenburg, Buckingham and twice vs. Amelia.
They are very fast and very athletic and very good.

Calpreps has it 42-28 KW over Nottoway.

Their top player, #7 Tyler Banks, who plays WR/TE and LB has offers from Michigan, Ole Miss, VT, UVA, Tennessee, California, South Carolina and several others. They definitely have some athletes for sure. They trailed Lunenburg, 14-0 at the half in their game, but scored 28 unanswered in the 2nd half. The Amelia game this past Friday was only 14-0 going into the 4th quarter, then Nottoway outscored them 20-7 in the 4th.

Their top player, #7 Tyler Banks, who plays WR/TE and LB has offers from Michigan, Ole Miss, VT, UVA, Tennessee, California, South Carolina and several others. They definitely have some athletes for sure. They trailed Lunenburg, 14-0 at the half in their game, but scored 28 unanswered in the 2nd half. The Amelia game this past Friday was only 14-0 going into the 4th quarter, then Nottoway outscored them 20-7 in the 4th.
This game is going to be a great, really going to show what the two teams are made of. Can Nottoway slow down King Williams potent offense and can King William keep their composure if Nottoway has multiple long scoring drives. The last time these two met I believe Nottoway won 6-0 they stopped KW on 4th and goal in the 4th. I think KW has enough size and speed to run away with this game but penalties have been a big issue with the Cavaliers all season. If nottoway strings together 5+ min. scoring drives and KW cant lay off the personal fouls it could be a long game for the cavaliers. The cougars have a huge test on slowing down King Williams running duo Claiborne and Robinson, they’re going to score some points but can the cougars slow them
down enough to come away with a victory.

King William by 35 plus. Nottoway is way overated. They dont have a single quality win. You can argue CL or Buckingham but CL just got blown out and Buckingham was not all that great either. I mean they lost to Strasburg. Game will be over in the 1st quarter.

King William will be the best team that Nottoway has played thus far by far,, but Nottoway won't be the best team that King William has played thus far. I'll just leave it at that. Lol

I'm still trying to figure out how Nottoway racked up enough of the criteria points to get the top seed!

Reactions: gwb16
I'm still trying to figure out how Nottoway racked up enough of the criteria points to get the top seed!
Glad I’m not the only one. Sure would be nice to be hosting the region championship. Nottoway flys under the radar so I just gave them the benefit of the doubt

Beating 4A Jamestown definitely helped, plus I guess they must have gotten a lot of rider points from Lunenburg, Amelia and Buckingham

If KW wins this week then they'd have a chance to host the state semifinals next week if Stuarts Draft wins Region B. If Central Woodstock wins Region B then they'll host whomever the Region A champion is

Plus one of the criteria was winning percentage, so I guess them being undefeated played a part. It definitely wasn't strength of schedule, because KW played a way tougher schedule

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT