ADVERTISEMENT

Spotswood Rallies Past Waynesboro 49-41

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I didn't have a dog in this fight but since it was only 15 miles for me, I ambled over to Western Albemarle tonight to watch this one and also stayed for the first half of Western's game with Broadway.

Waynesboro controlled tempo and led the entire first half. Baker, Thornton, and Bender were leading the scoring, whereas it was obvious that Kier was having an off-night. He missed his first several shots and finished with four fouls in the game. However he did eventually factor into the Wood's second half comeback.

Due to Waynesboro's deliberate game, the score was tied at 17 at the break and Spotswood did not take its first lead until the opening minutes of the third quarter. The Blazers then raced out to a 9-point lead and it looked like a rout was on. But Waynesboro had one more spurt left in them and they came back to within one, before the Blazers re-established control and pulled out the win.

I have thrown away my program and since this was my first experience this season with 3-A ball, I don't know all the players but numbers 4 (Davis I think?) and 34 (begins with a V I think) kept them in the game until Kier found his groove in the final few minutes.

I only stayed for the first half of Western v. Broadway. In that one, the Gobblers came out smoking and scored the first 14 points before Western scratched the scoreboard. That would have been enough to do some teams in but you could tell it was just a matter of time before the Warrior shots started to fall. Number 4 hit a couple of triples as they trimmed the lead to 21-18 at the break.

I could tell that Big Mo had switched sides, so I left at that point. I have since heard that Western came back to win 55-49.

Longtimer I wasn't at the game..but # 34 is Cameron Irvine. Hope the Wood can play better tonight. Should be a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT