ADVERTISEMENT

Spotsylvania

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
What is the solution to Spotsy's problems? Are transfers a problem? Low school attendance being 3A? If they get a coach that can keep players and the county redistricts boundary lines I think the problem could be fixed

the problem is they haven't had a qualified coach since tim coleman left. the last two coaches had no head coaching experience and that is a scenario for failure following a legend like coleman. rather than hire a experienced coach after the first coach after coleman they hired another inexperienced coach the present coach. if they had hired a experienced coach that had built programs before this would not have happened. the current coach took over the program that hadn't had a winning season for 5 years and didn't know how to build it back up like the level that coleman left it. the failures wasn't all the last coaches fault because the first coach let it go to pot but in all both were responsible mainly because of inexperience. as for the size of the school spotsy is the third biggest school in 3a with 1073 students so that was not the problem. the transfers were caused because of the losing seasons. some put the failure on riverbend opening 12 years ago and that hurt a little but by now the program should have been built up by now. also some say doing away with activity busses hurt but that's false also. if you was at the school like I was very few football players rode activity busses especially the jr and seniors. by that time most had their driver license or rode with friends so don't believe that. band members and other school activites mostly rode activity busses not football players. as I have stated hiring inexperienced coaches after coleman was the main reason for the decline in spotsys football program. if this coach does leave and they don't hire a coach that has experience in building up programs than they will be in the same situation as now. those kids are tired of losing and will not come out and support another inexperienced coach like the last two because the talent out there is so down a inexperienced coach will continue the losing and no one wants to play for a loser. this program don't need another coach to cut his teeth I promise you!
This post was edited on 10/12 11:17 PM by skynard1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT