ADVERTISEMENT

Springers vs Meadowbrook

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
We got beat 8-7.
I can't imagine what is going on with this team! On paper, this team should be unbeatable, size, depth, athletes everywhere.
For some reason this huge offensive line can't hold blocks, they look confused and uncoordinated.
The athletes look equally confused and move in somewhat like slow motion!
the starting qb seemed to get injured in the first half, but walked the sidelines easily and after MBK took the lead late in the 4th qtr., he had his pads and helmet on.... WTF? Was he hurt or not?
Sorry my Springers, and coaches, it was unanimous throughout the crowd. YOU GUYS GOT OUT COACHED! Don't know if they took this game too lightly or what... HSHS didn't come ready to play and MBK did!
Good job Monarchs on a well deserved win!!!
Springers, go home and get your act together!!!!!!

Is it possible Highland Springs just got a dose of believing their own press clippings? Once you get going on a big winning streak it's hard to keep high school kids remembering that the other team is coming to win. They are not planning on being extras in a movie about how you win every time you step on the field. Often an early season smack in the face is all it takes to roll through the rest of the games.

All that being said, I haven't been doing my ratings this year, but I would bet I would have had the Springs as at least 40 point favorites in this one. That would make this one of the biggest upsets in the history of my ratings.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT