ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Rematch... Appomattox at Stuarts Draft

What’s your thoughts on folks outside the fence. Seems like it would suck to deter folks from being outside the stadium only to find out it fills up with local folks.
The ticket situation this year is soo frustrating especially when i have seen a few people i know that never attend a game and then get a ticket and leave the game at half time. That is so wrong since it may deny someone that has attended games for many years and never has missed a game at home or away.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
The ticket situation this year is soo frustrating especially when i have seen a few people i know that never attend a game and then get a ticket and leave the game at half time. That is so wrong since it may deny someone that has attended games for many years and never has missed a game at home or away.
Agreed! If you get a ticket stay and cheer the kids on.

Reactions: oldfool2
The NFHS contracts out the installation of the cameras. The school only has to provide an electrical outlet, internet connection and place to mount the computer. The installer does everything from running the cables, hooking up the scoreboard connection, mounting the camera, etc...

Each camera has to be calibrated for the sport (difference between even volleyball vs basketball in same gym), lighting, field type, motion detection sensitivity, etc...

Let's just say that some installers are better than others.
Sure seems that way, or some contractors go cheaper. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Union_Fan
What SD needs to do:

Punt out of bounds and pooch or squib kick every kickoff.
Stop or at least limit the damage on that quick off tackle handoff. Spy on the RB.
Long clock burning drives on every down.
Score late in the 4th quarter for the upset.

My prediction: 35-28 Appo
What was the score last time they played for the state?

Why is it Draft does not show a history of scoring in 2nd and 3rd quarters?

I think it wii be a lot like last year, if Draft can shorten the game with long time consuming drives and limit Appos touches I think their defense can keep it close. If Draft cant sustain drives I think it might be a long afternoon for them. I think Draft has the advantage playing them on grass. Dont mow it this week. LOL. Hopefully its a good game and best of luck to both teams.
Appomattox plays on grass as well at Bragg Stadium.

Will there be any concessions at Draft? Went to Union last week and they had none and i needed coffee!!

I stopped by this game on my way home from Riverheads due to the staggered start times. Looked like a great game but my goodness each team seemed like a nervous wreck to me. So many fumbles and mental mistakes. I had already gone to my car thinking it was over when Appo threw a late interception which might have given the Cougars a chance to score again and maybe go for two to win it. The radio guys talked about all four teams in terms of not being at all surprised if RHS, Galax, SD and Appo are all right back in Salem in December. It is almost a sure bet that at least some of that foursome will be there.

Why is it Draft does not show a history of scoring in 2nd and 3rd quarters?
The Cougars really reversed that trend last Saturday scoring all but 3 of their 41 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters against The Raiders. Both Stuarts Draft and Appomattox played like champions in the title game.

I stopped by this game on my way home from Riverheads due to the staggered start times. Looked like a great game but my goodness each team seemed like a nervous wreck to me. So many fumbles and mental mistakes. I had already gone to my car thinking it was over when Appo threw a late interception which might have given the Cougars a chance to score again and maybe go for two to win it. The radio guys talked about all four teams in terms of not being at all surprised if RHS, Galax, SD and Appo are all right back in Salem in December. It is almost a sure bet that at least some of that foursome will be there.
I agree with the Staunton Radio announcers, I fully expect to see the same four teams back in Salem Stadium this December.

What SD needs to do:

Punt out of bounds and pooch or squib kick every kickoff.
Stop or at least limit the damage on that quick off tackle handoff. Spy on the RB.
Long clock burning drives on every down.
Score late in the 4th quarter for the upset.

My prediction: 35-28 Appo
Final score was 48-41 so you got the point spread right but not the over/under!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT