ADVERTISEMENT

State Semi-Final Highland Springs vs. Stone Bridge

Who wins and why?

• Highland Springs

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Stone Bridge

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
Thanks DP. Appreciate the kind words on SB. Good luck next Saturday. Kettle Run is sneaky good, but I think you guys will have too much firepower for them. Dinwiddie has a heck of a team this year!!!
Thank you sir. No doubt about KR. They will be formidable. And like KR, this Dinwiddie team is good for many of the same reasons, team chemistry and unity, no panic, and coaching. If you look at the stats from yesterdays game it would appear that Dinwiddie makes a lot of mistakes, but actually that is not accurate. Throw out yesterday’s game. Two reasons, mud, and more mud. And in the center of our field is a huge “D” in a circle of navy blue paint. I’m here to tell you that mud from there would make Cisco look like glue.
Also, I think Dinwidde got hit with more that six procedural calls. There was something this officiating crew saw differently that the others have all year. I’m not sure what they didn’t like, but throw those penalties out, and the turnovers from playing in bear grease, and we were pretty normal in the mistakes category.
What does this all mean. A pretty evenly matched game in Lynchburg.

Reactions: springer76
Hate to see the rivalry end, it has been entertaining over the past 7 years, but as a Washington Commanders fan I would like to thank SB for producing a beast like Jonathan Allen.

Reactions: springer76
Thank you sir. No doubt about KR. They will be formidable. And like KR, this Dinwiddie team is good for many of the same reasons, team chemistry and unity, no panic, and coaching. If you look at the stats from yesterdays game it would appear that Dinwiddie makes a lot of mistakes, but actually that is not accurate. Throw out yesterday’s game. Two reasons, mud, and more mud. And in the center of our field is a huge “D” in a circle of navy blue paint. I’m here to tell you that mud from there would make Cisco look like glue.
Also, I think Dinwidde got hit with more that six procedural calls. There was something this officiating crew saw differently that the others have all year. I’m not sure what they didn’t like, but throw those penalties out, and the turnovers from playing in bear grease, and we were pretty normal in the mistakes category.
What does this all mean. A pretty evenly matched game in Lynchburg.
Congratulations on the Semifinal win. Now GO GET THE TROPHY! You know I'm a fan (until we knock heads again!!) and I'll be streaming your game while we are in Norfolk! The catch phrase this week is "14-0 and 1 to go!" Let's get the "Ship" Generals and Springers!

Freedom will be losing a star (s) to a private school next year.

Freedom will be losing a star (s) to a private school next year.
I think you and I both know that because they’re not exactly getting the high profile offers that the private schools are getting

Reactions: OCBoy
I think you and I both know that because they’re not exactly getting the high profile offers that the private schools are getting
I feel that player that is leaving is doing himself a disservice. One of the main reason HSHS gets their kids these D-1 offers are because of program's success. Freedom should win the chip Saturday. And they should have a great season next year so it would increase their players chances of getting D-1 looks, especially if they start scheduling quality teams outside of VA.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I feel that player that is leaving is doing himself a disservice. One of the main reason HSHS gets their kids these D-1 offers are because of program's success. Freedom should win the chip Saturday. And they should have a great season next year so it would increase their players chances of getting D-1 looks, especially if they start scheduling quality teams outside of VA.
He will be a junior next year and will have plenty of time to see offers rolling in.

HS gets their kids to school because LJ hires real educators. I think over 90% of his staff are in the building. Makes a huge difference. Those coaches stay on top on their kids’ grades, attendance and behavior. HS is a machine on the field but nobody talks about the work that LJ, Mayo and Harry Lee puts in with recruiting and getting those guys recognized. College coaches know that they’re getting a coached up kid when they get a Springs’ kid. Same with the kids Bedwell coached.

He will be a junior next year and will have plenty of time to see offers rolling in.
Wow, that makes it even worse, I hate to see talented public school kids leave for private school. He is only a sophomore, he should attend several college camps over the summer and that will generate plenty offers.
HS gets their kids to school because LJ hires real educators. I think over 90% of his staff are in the building. Makes a huge difference. Those coaches stay on top on their kids’ grades, attendance and behavior. HS is a machine on the field but nobody talks about the work that LJ, Mayo and Harry Lee puts in with recruiting and getting those guys recognized. College coaches know that they’re getting a coached up kid when they get a Springs’ kid. Same with the kids Bedwell coached.
I agree but the point I was making was that the teams success over those state championship years help the kids gain the exposure and notoriety they have. If Freedom continues to build success for years to come it will help them in the recruiting process. Outside of that the kids have to attend camps in the summer. Also, kids should know the grass is not always greener on the other side, Private school is not always the answer. HSHS had a 6'1 240lb freshman rb that played on the 2017 championship team that beat Tuscarora and he was unstoppable and he was receiving looks from D-1 schools. He left and went to LCA and he ended up barely getting a D-2 offer. If he would have stayed at HSHS through at least his junior year, he would have had several D-1 offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT