ADVERTISEMENT

State Semifinals

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
(1) Stuarts Draft (7-1) at (4) Poquoson (4-2)

This will be the 1st ever meeting for the Cougars and Islanders.

(1) Appomattox (8-0) at (4) Union (6-2)

This will be the 3rd time the Raiders and Bears meet, 1st time since 2017. Appomattox leads 2-0 at present, so is 3rd time a charm?

Little more in depth data on these 4 teams for their season:

Appo: PF- 373; PA- 57/ PFA: 53.3 PAA: 8.1
Poquoson: PF- 137; PA- 121/PFA: 27.4 PAA: 24.2
Stuarts Draft: PF- 255; PA- 40/PFA: 31.9 PAA: 5
Union: PF- 179; PA- 136/ PFA: 22.4 PAA: 17.0

Should be 2 great games. We should learn how much home field advantage means as on paper Poquoson/Union would be the underdogs.

I just hope that we don't read another news article that another team has to call it quits because of a positive.

And in case you were wondering, here is the trips coming up this week and next week.

Stuarts Draft to Poquoson: 174 miles (2 3/4 hrs)
Appomattox to Union: 267 miles (4 3/4 hrs)

Appomattox to Stuarts Draft: 82 miles (1 1/2 hrs)
Appomattox to Poquoson: 163 miles (about 3 hours)

Union to Stuarts Draft: 266 miles (4 1/2 hr)
Union to Poquoson: 443 miles (7 hr 15 min)

The Raiders beat Union 43-0 in Appomattox in the 2016 state semifinals but only 23-20 the next year in Big Stone Gap. After Da Bears shocked Graham and Central-Wise, I believe this will be a very competitive game!

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Reminder for those going to Poquoson- the football field is NOT at the high school but the middle school and it is a little hard to find.

I really feel that if KW didn't have Covid issues, they would be playing against Stuarts Draft and I think that game would be a toss up. Hopefully Poquoson represents Region A very well.

I agree with you Kwhs that KW would have likely been the Region A team, but Poquoson is dangerous. They've always had talent there and something has happened with that team from the first 2 games. We talked about Nottoway earlier some and I'm telling ya, Nottoway had a very, very good football team this year that Poquoson beat. I know Amelia is way down from last season, but that game was over at half time last night and Poquoson ran through them as bad as Goochland did in game one. Draft has a heck of a team, but they would be making a huge mistake if they were looking past Poquoson, especially going down to their place. Poquoson will be difficult to beat for any team that plays a run the ball, not many passes in open space type of offense. That type of game is right up their alley and they don't lose many games like this. I still favor Draft because Poquoson is a wing T offense and I understand Riverheads runs some wing stuff, so they will not be fooled or be having their first look at a wing type offense.

Poquoson is always a physical team. I'm not sure what they returned from last season, but KW returned pretty much the entire team that beat Poquoson by 26 in the playoffs last season. I haven't seen film on Poquoson this season, but I have seen a few on SD. They are a very physical bunch and their defense is top notch. The offense is pretty straightforward. Nothing too fancy.

Draft/Appomattox is the matchup most everyone expected to begin the year but man itd be nice to see a 2D team finally knock off Appomattox lol

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Draft/Appomattox is the matchup most everyone expected to begin the year but man itd be nice to see a 2D team finally knock off Appomattox lol

Stuarts Draft still has a very good and tested Poquoson to play to even have that chance.

But it would be an honor to play either Appomattox or Union, 2 of the classier programs SD has played, and played the RIGHT WAY.

I'd say at this point that any of the 4 teams have a shot, no flukes here.

Good luck to all 4 teams remaining in 2A. Hopefully everyone is at full strength, and everyone plays to their full capability. Whether that means our teams win or lose

Stuarts Draft still has a very good and tested Poquoson to play to even have that chance.

But it would be an honor to play either Appomattox or Union, 2 of the classier programs SD has played, and played the RIGHT WAY.

I'd say at this point that any of the 4 teams have a shot, no flukes here.

Good luck to all 4 teams remaining in 2A. Hopefully everyone is at full strength, and everyone plays to their full capability. Whether that means our teams win or lose
That's very true, even in a truncated season if a team is one of the last four standing you have dang sure earned it.

In a wild year with all sorts of issues, the last four teams standing are four of the more consistent and successful programs in 2A. Goes to show you just how valuable coaching and solid infrastructure really are for a team.

That's very true, even in a truncated season if a team is one of the last four standing you have dang sure earned it.

In a wild year with all sorts of issues, the last four teams standing are four of the more consistent and successful programs in 2A. Goes to show you just how valuable coaching and solid infrastructure really are for a team.
I don't beleive Draft can beat Union or Appo going by the game they played against Strasburg, but that is not always a good assessment

I don't beleive Draft can beat Union or Appo going by the game they played against Strasburg, but that is not always a good assessment
Drafts defense is considerably better than last year but offensively they have struggled quite a bit this year. I agree not sure they can compete with Appo or Union offensively.

Reactions: Bama1985
Drafts defense is considerably better than last year but offensively they have struggled quite a bit this year. I agree not sure they can compete with Appo or Union offensively.

I don't know how it can be said they have struggled quite a bit? Maybe struggled is the wrong word there, but it's also anyone's right to an opinion.

But, I will give some perspective from MY opinion.

Glenvar- Regional final appearance. They had 3 losses, and all 3 of those teams are State Semifinalists.

Buffalo Gap (twice)- they were a playoff team after all. And they sure seemed improved over the 1st time SD played them

Wilson- they ended at 4-2 (losses to Riverheads and Stuarts Draft). Now whatever the circumstances that were said on the IFs, it was 42-0 at half.

Strasburg- is a very good team. They lost 2 games this season, both to State Semifinalists (Stuarts Draft and Independence).

But, we can just go strictly on the numbers, and compare to Riverheads, since I am guessing they haven't "struggled quite a bit"

Wilson: SD 42/RH 47 so +5 (both WM 7)

Buffalo Gap: SD 30 and 45/RH 63 (average score SD 37.5 to 10 and RHS by 38) so +10

Fort: SD 35/RH 49 (gave up 7), so +7

Staunton: SD 49/RH 55 (gave up 7) so -1

None of this has anything to do with the SD/RH game by the way, but using just these numbers certainly doesn't tell the whole story. I used the 4 common opponents, and the total difference is 21 points in Riverheads favor. So 6.5 ppg. Now, if we are using ALL the games to compare, then need to look at the difference in those opponents.

So Glenvar or Tazewell? Buffalo Gap or Altavista? Strasburg or Central Lunenburg?

Also, what time during these games did reserves come in?

You see how the information can be skewed?

I don't know how it can be said they have struggled quite a bit? Maybe struggled is the wrong word there, but it's also anyone's right to an opinion.

Glenvar- Regional final appearance. They had 3 losses, and all 3 of those teams are State Semifinalists.

Buffalo Gap (twice)- they were a playoff team after all. And they sure seemed improved over the 1st time SD played them

Wilson- they ended at 4-2 (losses to Riverheads and Stuarts Draft). Now whatever the circumstances that were said on the IFs, it was 42-0 at half.

Strasburg- is a very good team. They lost 2 games this season, both to State Semifinalists (Stuarts Draft and Independence).

But, we can just go strictly on the numbers, and compare to Riverheads, since I am guessing they haven't "struggled quite a bit"

Buffalo Gap: SD 30 and 45/RH 63 (average score SD 37.5 to 10 and RHS by 38) so +10

None of this has anything to do with the SD/RH game by the way, but using just these numbers certainly doesn't tell the whole story. I used the 4 common opponents, and the total difference is 21 points in Riverheads favor. So 6.5 ppg. Now, if we are using ALL the games to compare, then need to look at the difference in those opponents.

So Glenvar or Tazewell? Buffalo Gap or Altavista? Strasburg or Central Lunenburg?

You may have touched on it but if not, the Amount of games played matters. In the regular season, your total season is cut by 40% and for some offenses, what could be perceived as a struggle may not be anything close to a struggle, especially when you factor in the total games played with the quality of competition of which you pointed out, Draft played more than its fair share. There is also one less playoff game, so game 9 for Draft this coming weekend would be the same at game 14 last season for Draft or any other team playing in the 2A semi's.

@Gunz41, I thought you were against all the scoring comparisons junk, lol. I can’t speak for fencepatrol but to me they have not involved #4 as much as I would have thought. IMO Draft is far and away better defensively and while they have more options at RB, they more or less do it from the same play sets. Not that that is a bad thing either just seem underutilization if some really good players. I have yet to hear of a huge game from probably their fastest player. The young QB can spin it so no idea why the games have broken the way they have as I have watched some but not all of the games. And to be clear any comparison using the common opponents has little bearing since realistically all were less that stellar opposition. I will sound like and a$$ but Tazewell and Draft were the only games the Gladiators have played. Draft has played Glenvar, Riverheads and Strasburg, period. Both teams from Augusta county look good but may be untested compared to a normal season, we will certainly know by Saturday afternoon sometime.

@Gunz41, I thought you were against all the scoring comparisons junk, lol. I can’t speak for fencepatrol but to me they have not involved #4 as much as I would have thought. IMO Draft is far and away better defensively and while they have more options at RB, they more or less do it from the same play sets. Not that that is a bad thing either just seem underutilization if some really good players. I have yet to hear of a huge game from probably their fastest player. The young QB can spin it so no idea why the games have broken the way they have as I have watched some but not all of the games. And to be clear any comparison using the common opponents has little bearing since realistically all were less that stellar opposition. I will sound like and a$$ but Tazewell and Draft were the only games the Gladiators have played. Draft has played Glenvar, Riverheads and Strasburg, period. Both teams from Augusta county look good but may be untested compared to a normal season, we will certainly know by Saturday afternoon sometime.

I am against it, I don't think it shows anything (as teams can even play better/worse a certain week).

I guess my point wasn't easily understandable. The argument being made wasn't that the defense has appeared ahead of offense, or even that so and so wasn't used enough. Those are things that can be discussed. It was simply said they have STRUGGLED.

Now to compare it, I absolutely wouldn't say that Riverheads defense had struggled, I have seen them in person and most games online as well. Circumstances may make it appear as though the 2 County teams aren't close defensive wise (which is ridiculous).

There is no question that both teams have only played a handful of "games" each. The point being, I think we can eliminate the head to head game between the 2 as it was a very low scoring game, the difference in yards was 1 long run. In the other district games, I think both could have scored more if wanted to.

Which leaves us with 3 teams: Glenvar, Tazewell, Strasburg. A 27 point win (27-0), a 11 point win (28-17), and a 17 point win (20-3). I am NOT saying who is better between them (I have no idea). But maybe, just maybe, instead of struggling, those 3 games that Stuarts Draft were under 30 was because those teams were pretty good.

If your comparing scores, compare them on what I stated, the offense struggled, which they have, also against some not very good teams, I think Draft led something like 3-0 at the half against Gap in the 1st game, they had 7 against Riv in the 1st quarter on a short field and then 0 and only 36 yds the rest of the way, only 7 against a mediocre Strasburg team on the last play of the half. I wasnt comparing Draft to Riv, you did that, I only commented that their offense struggled quite a bit at times and that IMO they cant compete offensively against Appo or Union. I stand by the word I used “struggled.” 17 pts in 3 halves of football is struggling. Not sure what word you think needs to be inserted to describe that.

If your comparing scores, compare them on what I stated, the offense struggled, which they have, also against some not very good teams, I think Draft led something like 3-0 at the half against Gap in the 1st game, they had 7 against Riv in the 1st quarter on a short field and then 0 and only 36 yds the rest of the way, only 7 against a mediocre Strasburg team on the last play of the half. I wasnt comparing Draft to Riv, you did that, I only commented that their offense struggled quite a bit at times and that IMO they cant compete offensively against Appo or Union. I stand by the word I used “struggled.” 17 pts in 3 halves of football is struggling. Not sure what word you think needs to be inserted to describe that.

Ok fella. You do you.

Man us guys in Stuarts Draft just are terrible. Poor us 😥😥😥.

STATE TOURNAMENT CENTRAL

FOOTBALL (Semifinals Saturday 4/24):
Class 6:
Massaponax at Oscar Smith
South County at James Madison
Class 5:
Highland Springs at Maury, Powhatan Field, Norfolk (LOCATION INFO)
Stone Bridge at William Fleming
Class 4:
King George at Lake Taylor
Tuscarora at Salem
Class 3:
Independence at Lafayette
Liberty Christian at Lord Botetourt, 1pm
Class 2:
Stuarts Draft at Poquoson
Appomattox at Union, 2pm, Bullit Park (LOCATION INFO)
Class 1:
Riverheads at West Point
Galax at Holston, FRIDAY, 7pm

Ok fella. You do you.

Man us guys in Stuarts Draft just are terrible. Poor us 😥😥😥.
Never said you were terrible, you sure are thin skinned. Not sure how you got their offense is not as good as last year as them being terrible. But oh well you always seem to be offended easily as a lot of your previous posts will show. Having said that I will still be rooting for Draft to be playing for a state championship and hopefully bring another title to Augusta county on their home turf.

Some interesting stuff here. As much as I may dislike them when we play them, I will always pull for any Augusta county team in the playoffs. As I have said before, I believe Draft does not use #4 enough on offense. However, maybe they are protecting him, trying to keep him injury free until they really need him. Or, maybe they are just playing old school football, ball control, and relying on their strong defense. It is a system that has been successful, and hay, they are still playing. I do not think you can say Draft's starting running backs are worse then Riverheads. I think they are faster and quicker, not as strong. You can not say Draft's passing game is worse then Riverheads as they have passed it more. Not saying Riverheads passing game is bad, Dunlap to Lightner is pretty good, they just don't do it very often, don't need to. So it would seem by process of elimination that Riverheads is little better up front. But maybe it is the simplicity of Riverheads offense. Draft has had some bad snaps in the shotgun offense, that Riverheads has not. Maybe that is really the only difference. When they played each other, it was ball control run game and defense. Neither offense opened things up. I remember a few years back, Draft/Riverheads game, Draft had two big stud defensive ends and won a close game. Riverheads just ran their 3 or 4 plays. Draft lost in the playoffs, Riverheads won championship(Schaefer/Stokes) and Riverheads opened things up in the championship game.

Shocker here, they don’t play each other until the fall so comparing those two means nothing to these semis. Draft is a very good team and should be formidable this week and next if they are fortunate enough to win. Riverheads is a very good team and should be formidable this week and next if they are fortunate enough to win. Obviously any team that gets to this point is legitimate, let’s celebrate the fact we are actually talking about football championships. I think it would be beyond cool to see both get a ring playing 10 miles apart but there are some very good teams that will have a say in that.

This will be the 3rd time the Raiders and Bears meet, 1st time since 2017. Appomattox leads 2-0 at present, so is 3rd time a charm?

Should be 2 great games. We should learn how much home field advantage means as on paper Poquoson/Union would be the underdogs.

I just hope that we don't read another news article that another team has to call it quits because of a positive.

And in case you were wondering, here is the trips coming up this week and next week.

no team should have to travel for 7 hours

Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool2
Never said you were terrible, you sure are thin skinned. Not sure how you got their offense is not as good as last year as them being terrible. But oh well you always seem to be offended easily as a lot of your previous posts will show. Having said that I will still be rooting for Draft to be playing for a state championship and hopefully bring another title to Augusta county on their home turf.

Nope, not sensitive, just going to stand up for them being talked negatively about.

Now, since you brought in those scores, the ONLY oddity would be the 1 half vs. Buffalo Gap. I give you that one.

But you point out the 7 points vs Strasburg, I have your 7 vs. Tazewell.

You point out the 7 points vs. Riverheads, I point out the 1 vs. Stuarts Draft. O wait, you can't score just 1 in football, that 1 was 1st half 1st down, 0 points in 3 quarters.

So I will just have to apologize I guess that Stuarts Draft doesn't score at the blistering pace that others do.

So again, anyone can point out the 1 half against Buffalo Gap and say they struggled that half. That is different than saying they have struggled quite a bit this year.

The others, like I said (and is backed up by Riverheads too, maybe they didn't do as well against GOOD teams).

I'm done with this conversation. There is no need to keep on with this when it has ZERO effect on the games this week and hopefully next week. I honestly think this started as a dig at SD. So that would be 3 different posters since the "big game" happened to take shots at the team, the coaching staff, etc. It's funny you seem to defend Riverheads when things are said about them, but I have thin skin when I do it? O well, no skin off my back. Good Luck to Riverheads, even though I suspect you won't need it. Have a good one playa

Oh, and by the way @RedPrideNation_RollPride I am not using the scores to compare teams, as I am not making claims about who is better, and not making claims that so and so struggled. So it's a big different than "comparing scores"

I am against it, I don't think it shows anything (as teams can even play better/worse a certain week).

I guess my point wasn't easily understandable. The argument being made wasn't that the defense has appeared ahead of offense, or even that so and so wasn't used enough. Those are things that can be discussed. It was simply said they have STRUGGLED.

Now to compare it, I absolutely wouldn't say that Riverheads defense had struggled, I have seen them in person and most games online as well. Circumstances may make it appear as though the 2 County teams aren't close defensive wise (which is ridiculous).

There is no question that both teams have only played a handful of "games" each. The point being, I think we can eliminate the head to head game between the 2 as it was a very low scoring game, the difference in yards was 1 long run. In the other district games, I think both could have scored more if wanted to.

Which leaves us with 3 teams: Glenvar, Tazewell, Strasburg. A 27 point win (27-0), a 11 point win (28-17), and a 17 point win (20-3). I am NOT saying who is better between them (I have no idea). But maybe, just maybe, instead of struggling, those 3 games that Stuarts Draft were under 30 was because those teams were pretty good.
Strasburg needed a miracle play to beat Luray 7-6, a 85 yard pass play with seconds remaining,I no what you mean by comparing but Stuarts Draft struggled to much to beat Strasburg,if they play like that again they are in trouble.

Reminder for those going to Poquoson- the football field is NOT at the high school but the middle school and it is a little hard to find.
VHSL has Poquoson game at Bailey field which is right next to York High School. Easily a 30-45 minute shorter trip and easy to find off art 64 via Ft Eustis Blvd. A much better field with large stands and parking, good choice VHSL,

Reactions: Raiders Radio
Nope, not sensitive, just going to stand up for them being talked negatively about.

Now, since you brought in those scores, the ONLY oddity would be the 1 half vs. Buffalo Gap. I give you that one.

But you point out the 7 points vs Strasburg, I have your 7 vs. Tazewell.

You point out the 7 points vs. Riverheads, I point out the 1 vs. Stuarts Draft. O wait, you can't score just 1 in football, that 1 was 1st half 1st down, 0 points in 3 quarters.

So I will just have to apologize I guess that Stuarts Draft doesn't score at the blistering pace that others do.

So again, anyone can point out the 1 half against Buffalo Gap and say they struggled that half. That is different than saying they have struggled quite a bit this year.

The others, like I said (and is backed up by Riverheads too, maybe they didn't do as well against GOOD teams).

I'm done with this conversation. There is no need to keep on with this when it has ZERO effect on the games this week and hopefully next week. I honestly think this started as a dig at SD. So that would be 3 different posters since the "big game" happened to take shots at the team, the coaching staff, etc. It's funny you seem to defend Riverheads when things are said about them, but I have thin skin when I do it? O well, no skin off my back. Good Luck to Riverheads, even though I suspect you won't need it. Have a good one playa

Oh, and by the way @RedPrideNation_RollPride I am not using the scores to compare teams, as I am not making claims about who is better, and not making claims that so and so struggled. So it's a big different than "comparing scores"
What does “ Draft defense is better than last year but the offense is not as good as last year” have anything to do with Riv vs Draft, or how many points Riv has scored. Youre the one with the problem. Riv was never mentioned in the post and I never downed Draft, I just stated a fact, their offense is not as good as last year, that is a true statement. I think you just like getting on here and argue since you do it on about every post from Draft/Riv to the power points or whatever. Dude you definitely have issues.

What does “ Draft defense is better than last year but the offense is not as good as last year” have anything to do with Riv vs Draft, or how many points Riv has scored. Youre the one with the problem. Riv was never mentioned in the post and I never downed Draft, I just stated a fact, their offense is not as good as last year, that is a true statement. I think you just like getting on here and argue since you do it on about every post from Draft/Riv to the power points or whatever. Dude you definitely have issues.

Hmm. Now you are changing your statement and passing it off as fact.

Note, if the comments had been what you said, there wouldn't have been a peep out of me.

Offense not as good is way different In MY OPINION than struggling.

Riverheads was brought up because you (the person who said it) is from Riverheads. And I don't believe that you would say RH has struggled, yet they have about the same resume aside from the 1 BG game.

As for arguing about Power Points, I don't know that I ever argued, I gave the points, and then multiple times I was told the same thing. I explained something and was still told I was wrong (when I wasn't). And the fact that seems to be forgotten in it, sure doing Region B effects my team, but I had ZERO need to do A,C,D other than to help others out. And to have complaints every week after doing it.

And don't forget, I am the one starting threads with information on here. So is that me trying to start arguments?

Now buddy, maybe you need to take off those red glasses and look at something from an outside POV. Riverheads (your team) gets talked about on here as being too dominant and having too many kids (which I have always defended them, even before you stepped foot on the site). Just this year, SD has been talked negatively about by multiple RH posters, Wilson, and someone else. And no, not just about the team as an entity, but character and other things.

So are you telling me that you wouldn't/haven't stuck up for your team?

I couldn't care less what you think of me personally, and I don't care what issues you think I have. And I have no ill will towards, you or anyone else on here or your team. It seems as though it's a difference of opinion on possibly a certain word and it's meaning to each.

Have a good one. Good luck and safe travels to West Point

Hmm. Now you are changing your statement and passing it off as fact.

Note, if the comments had been what you said, there wouldn't have been a peep out of me.

Offense not as good is way different In MY OPINION than struggling.

Riverheads was brought up because you (the person who said it) is from Riverheads. And I don't believe that you would say RH has struggled, yet they have about the same resume aside from the 1 BG game.

As for arguing about Power Points, I don't know that I ever argued, I gave the points, and then multiple times I was told the same thing. I explained something and was still told I was wrong (when I wasn't). And the fact that seems to be forgotten in it, sure doing Region B effects my team, but I had ZERO need to do A,C,D other than to help others out. And to have complaints every week after doing it.

And don't forget, I am the one starting threads with information on here. So is that me trying to start arguments?

Now buddy, maybe you need to take off those red glasses and look at something from an outside POV. Riverheads (your team) gets talked about on here as being too dominant and having too many kids (which I have always defended them, even before you stepped foot on the site). Just this year, SD has been talked negatively about by multiple RH posters, Wilson, and someone else. And no, not just about the team as an entity, but character and other things.

So are you telling me that you wouldn't/haven't stuck up for your team?

I couldn't care less what you think of me personally, and I don't care what issues you think I have. And I have no ill will towards, you or anyone else on here or your team. It seems as though it's a difference of opinion on possibly a certain word and it's meaning to each.

Have a good one. Good luck and safe travels to West Point
10 pts in 7 quarters plus OT, what adjective would you use to describe that? Funny thing guys on Yac sports pod said the same thing about their offense. Dont think Red, Green or whatever glasses would see it any differently.

Good luck to all teams. I don't know Union's game plan but if I were their coach, I would pooch kick on the kickoff and punt out of bounds every time. lol

10 pts in 7 quarters plus OT, what adjective would you use to describe that? Funny thing guys on Yac sports pod said the same thing about their offense. Dont think Red, Green or whatever glasses would see it any differently.

You are missing my entire point man. There is absolutely 0 questioning that you can use those 7 quarters to say that AT times they have "struggled". But, that isn't qualifying it as "at times". Not struggled quite a bit. Again, its not saying that they are some juggernaut or that they defense hasn't been more dominant.

Now, for the colored glasses part, I believe you are still showing it, or just not using memory. So since you want to keep harping on it, 7 points in 5 quarters, so again EXACTLY as I said, we are talking about a difference in 1 half (the BG regular season game).

Now, it may surprise you, but there were 3 games all season that SD didn't score 21 in 1st half (1st BG game, RH, Strasburg). And 2 games that SD didn't score 21 in either half (RH obviously and Strasburg).

But please let's just look at this one more time so this can be over.

Would it be fair to say that no matter who either of us thinks was better, that each teams offense had a tough time with the other? So call that a draw.

Let's just set aside the teams that didn't make the playoffs for comparison. That leaves us with (in alphabetical order): Altavista, Buffalo Gap, Central Lunenburg, Glenvar, Strasburg, Tazewell. Do you think maybe the competition has a bit to do with it? Context plays a part to me.

Lastly, I didn't start this out as anything other than disagreeing about the word struggled. You are the one that went into all these numbers, which then resulted in a response. I haven't changed my tune in it once, you did a few days ago by changing it from struggled to not as good. That to me is a whole different conversation.

But it is what it is man. If I thought they were the best ever and you thought they sucked (either of our teams), that isn't going to make a bit of difference in the games. And again, it may not make a bit of sense or difference to you, but you also don't get on this site and see people talk negatively about your team and players. The only thing ever said about Riverheads is about their numbers, and I believe you have spoken up in defense of your team then. I haven't said a thing negatively about RH, yet you absolutely know that things have been said about SD. Yet when I say something back I am trying to start an argument (even though I am only presenting factual numbers, nothing I have stated is based only on opinion), yet it's cool to stand up to the 474.5 stuff.

Now that long post is over, you can try to understand my thoughts a bit better. Maybe not, either way. Take care, good luck. God Bless

First of all you are wrong with me starting the numbers comparison. Go back and look, you started that. All I was doing was agreeing with another poster on Drafts ability to compete offensively with Appo and Union. I said their offense struggled quite a bit this year, which 3 games out of 7 to me is quite a bit. I never mentioned Riv in the post, you brought them in, as far as 1 being better doesn't matter, that game had no bearing on the postseason whatsoever, however we won 10-7 so I guess when the clock struck zero we were better. I will still be rooting for Draft but I still dont think they can play with Appo offensively if either get to that game. I wasnt slighting Draft I was simply stating my opinion of what I have seen of them offensively this year and after listening to the yac podcast I guess Im not the only one looking thru Red colored glasses. Maybe if you took off those maroon glasses you would see they have some chinks in their armor offensively.

First of all you are wrong with me starting the numbers comparison. Go back and look, you started that. All I was doing was agreeing with another poster on Drafts ability to compete offensively with Appo and Union. I said their offense struggled quite a bit this year, which 3 games out of 7 to me is quite a bit. I never mentioned Riv in the post, you brought them in, as far as 1 being better doesn't matter, that game had no bearing on the postseason whatsoever, however we won 10-7 so I guess when the clock struck zero we were better. I will still be rooting for Draft but I still dont think they can play with Appo offensively if either get to that game. I wasnt slighting Draft I was simply stating my opinion of what I have seen of them offensively this year and after listening to the yac podcast I guess Im not the only one looking thru Red colored glasses. Maybe if you took off those maroon glasses you would see they have some chinks in their armor offensively.

Well, they have played 8 games, but that is beside the point.

But no man, I am not going to double down when I am incorrect, I did bring up numbers 1st. So I was WRONG there.

However, if you are not seeing why they (both the numbers and Riverheads (as I originally stated as YOUR team, no other reason)) were brought up to begin with, then whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT